TV's Ultimate Bad Boy? It's Either White Collar's Neal Caffrey or Vampire Diaries' Damon Salvatore!

Two men enter, one man leaves. That’s the brutal reality of the final round in TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament, where Damon Salvatore of The Vampire Diaries will fight for supremacy against Neal Caffrey of White Collar.

It wasn’t an easy road to the Bad Boys finale for either of these characters. To make it to the end of the tourney, Neal had to vanquish Patrick Jane of The Mentalist, Harvey Specter of Suits, Logan Echolls of Veronica Mars, and in an intensely close Quarterfinal bout, Supernatural‘s Dean Winchster. Finally, he edged past Gossip Girl‘s Chuck Bass by winning 52.1% of the Semifinal vote.

RELATED | Who Is TV’s Ultimate Mean Girl? Let the Nominating Process Begin!

On the other side of the bracket, Damon swept to early round wins over Russel Edgington and Eric Northman of True Blood, as well as Cole Turner of Charmed. After that, he took out Raylan Givens of Justified, and then Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Spike, snagging 52.4% of the vote.

Despite their noble journeys over the past month, only one of these fellas can reign victorious in our single-elimination tourney. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our poll to vote for your favorite (Finals voting will be open for 72 hours), and then hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against.

And if you’re interested in the match-ups that preceded our Finals, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

1. Hathor Sakhmet says:

Hahaha!!! Congrats to the Awesome, Awe-Inspiring Damon Salvatore!!!!! He so much deserved this win….Team Damon 4ever!!!!

2. Becky says:

as much as I ADORE neal caffrey and white collar, and have absolutely no interest in TVD whatsoever, I wouldn’t really consider Neal to be a bad guy…he’s actually kind of the good guy of the show. even though he’s a criminal, he’s a good person at heart, so I can’t really vote for him as a bad guy…
    that doesn’t mean I would vote for that damon guy either though

3. Ariadne says:

Our, our so you kill me!
    Oh if I’ll get you there if I’ll get you there …. Delight, delight so you kill me!

Damon is the best! The hottest television!

4. cil_domney says:

Big and incorrect assumption about Buffy fans – Spike and Buffy fans in general would not vote against another character simply to effect a “loss.”

I have been a BtVS fan for many years, since the series first aired, and I have a hard time thinking that the fanbase would go out and vote against Damon just for spite. I suspect that many, like myself, simply stopped voting once he was eliminated.

5. J.F says:

So this proves to show that Ian Somerhalder is HIGHLY FAVORABLE for Christian Grey. ;)

6. Jayjay says:

It litterally took me about an hour to read all the comments and I’m just happy they are both I the running, I’ve seen alot of the older shows and love themjust as much as the newer shows, :) they’re both bad boy and have made everyone swoon or smile or shout at one point or another. So yep :) voted for both :) on on one computer and one on the other :) look out world here comes th bad boys :)

7. Margarete says:

I find this ridiculous DISCUSSION love Damon and love Neal, Matt only to clarify that this is also competing for a bad boy so differently after all that he is a con man who smiles at getting what you want and Damon is a vampire and aje by their nature instinct is

8. melanie says:

neal caffrey !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. irma says:

NEAL CAFFREY es el mejor candidato es un gran actor

10. Gem says:

Idiots. Idiots everywhere.

This is a poll about bad boys and badasses. I’m sorry, but Neal is too sweet to be a true bad boy. Damon enjoys ripping out hearts for fun. He terrorizes people. And yet he has a heart of gold, despite being so terrifying. He deserved the win.

And frankly, I don’t see how people like Dean Winchester and Daryl Dixon didn’t make it to the finals. Hello. Dean Winchester went to Purgatory and to Hell and back. He tortured souls in Hell for 40 years. Give him a gun and he’s in your face. And Daryl is the scariest badass you could want on your side during the zombie apicalypse.

Ask yourself: in a room with these guys, would you be scared? Neal, no. Dean, yeah. Daryl, hell yeah. Damon, HELL yeah.