Fall TV Preview

NCIS Family Reunion Scoop: Tony's Father, Abby's Brother Poised to Return

NCIS has at least two family reunions on tap for Season 10, including Robert Wagner‘s third fourth appearance as DiNozzo’s dad.

Anthony DiNozzo, Sr. will resurface “right around Christmas, in a holiday episode,” NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg tells TVLine. “We’ve never done a Christmas one with him, so that’s fun.”

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS‘ Tony and Ziva ‘Emotionally’ Connecting

Glasberg also revealed to me — prior to Pauley Perrette sharing this photo on Twitter — that Abby’s younger brother Kyle, played by Daniel Luis Rivas, is set to return to the CBS procedural in a storyline that unfolds in the wake of the explosion that nearly killed many in the Season 9 finale. Rivas will appear in an early October episode, having first played the role a year earlier.

RELATED | CBS’ Fall TV Schedule Leads Off With Survivor 25, Ends With Relocated Mentalist

TV’s most-watched drama series premieres its new season on Tuesday, Sept. 25.

Comments (25)

• Very happy that RJ will return again. Hopefully just to celebrate with his son (and maybe the team?) and not involved in a case again. I’d love to see Junior and Senior bond . Can’t wait for Abby’s interaction with her brother :)

Comment by Svenja – August 2, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too Svenja! Isn’t it weird how I just posted that I’d like to see “The Dads” come back, and voila…here we are! I have a feeling, then, we’ll see Jackson & Eli very soon. Good times ahead!! :)

Comment by Nubie – August 3, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Robert Wagoner has always been a favorite of mind. It has been good to see him action again. Choosing him as Tony ‘s dad was a great choice. I love to see him and Tony interact. I haven’t seen Abby ‘s brother because I may have missed somesome episodes. Would like to see him because I like Abby also.

Comment by Robbie – February 16, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news, but this will actually be Robert Wagner’s fourth visit,not third, as DiNozzo Sr. Thanks for the scoop,and happy to see both these return visits.

Comment by Mel – August 2, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be The fourth visit for RJ. Therre was the intro with the prince. The second was when he and Ziva were under cover. The third was the dead body in the car at Thanksgiving.

Comment by Laura – August 2, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesss! I can’t wait for both returns. Just a note: including season 10, it will be Robert Wagner‘s fourth appearance ;)

Comment by Gaara – August 2, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohh a x-mas one that should be good and interesring. And With whatGibbs told him on the Thanksgiving hopefully he will take the advice.

Comment by Heather Moyer Gendeloff – August 2, 2012 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, I’m excited to hear RJ is coming back…..I really do love him at Tony Sr. :-)

Can’t wait to see Abby’s brother back either…..I look forward to seeing how that unfolds.

Looks like Season 10 is shaping up to to be a good season. :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – August 2, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope her brother turns out to be one of those neighborhood watch superheroes. Abby had a picture of one who kind of looked like him on her monitor at one point.

Comment by BTM – August 2, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ooh, it would be strange but awesome *-*

Comment by Gaara – August 2, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • knowing abbys luck he will be a serial killer.

Comment by col – August 2, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Dinozzo Sr , maybe he will bring any gidt to tony and I love to see abby’s brother again , he is as abby’s clon , this is funny, altought I will want to see any McGee’s relatives

Comment by estefania – August 2, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the end of that Thanksgiving episode.

DiNozzo spending the evening with both of his daddies! :P

Comment by ninamags – August 2, 2012 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • as much as I love seeing tony and Abby family I would like to see more of Mcgee family

Comment by mike – August 2, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! After meeting his grandma, I want to meet his parents! And/or maybe aunts, uncles, cousins. Plus, I kind of want to see how Sarah’s been doing since we last saw her. She’s gotta be a college grad by now; is she writing like Tim?

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – August 2, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love McGee and hope he gets some good eps this season, but we’ve already met his sister and Grandmother now, so I don’t begrudge Tony and Abby the only relative they’ve shown for each of them returning.

Comment by Mel – August 3, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see Abby’s brother and Tony’s dad!

Comment by ncisrulez – August 2, 2012 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY I can’t wait for this season to start. I hope that Snr. isn’t involved in the case. I would just like him to show up wanting to spend Christmas with Tony. I think Tony would really like that. Also I can’t wait to see Abby interacting with her brother again. I wonder if she will tell him that she is his sister? Hopefully she gets to meet her birth parents this season.

Comment by MaryLuv Tiva – August 2, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Can’t wait to see Robert Wagner back as Senior! And for the Christmas episode. Be nice to see Gibbs, Tony and Senior spending Christmas together. :-) Be really cool if Jackson showed up, too. :-)

And YAY for Abby’s brother’s return! Definitely looking forward to that.

Comment by tejas (@tejasjulia) – August 2, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To echo others’ statements, I hope that Sr. isn’t involved in a case this time. Maybe help the team like last time, but for the most part, he’s just there to see Tony for the holidays.

Also, I’m SOOOOOO glad that they’re bring Abby’s brother back. I felt that we barely scratched the surface on her family life last season. I can’t remember if there were plans to explore it more last season but either way, I was a little disappointed that there was only one episode on it. We barely know much about her except what she’s told us. We know so much about most of the rest of the team; it’s Abby’s turn!

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – August 2, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh Daddy DiNozzo – love seeing him on NCIS.. he is charming in an odd way…
    wish we could have McGees Gramma back too….

Comment by jdeasselin – August 3, 2012 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just really hope that Abby’s brother doesn’t have to show up in order to donate something to save her. That would be horrible. For both!

Comment by Tracy B (@tmb510) – August 9, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In real life, NCIS and the JAG corps would interact all the time. Even though NCIS is a spin off of JAG, except for Season 1, no direct interaction has happened. Might you suggest to them that maybe for the 250th episode, it might be good to bring back Adm. Harmon Rabb (David James Elliott)or Gen. Sarah MacKenzie (Catherine Bell) or both from JAG? After all, 10 years absence is enough!

Comment by Eric F – November 21, 2012 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s appropriate to have Bob Wagner playing Tony’s dad as Michael Weatherly played Bob in the movie about Natalie Wood.

Comment by Barbara Bivens – July 2, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post