Gleeks Rejoice: Ryan Murphy Releases Deleted Klaine Scene From Christmas Episode

Get More: Glee

When Glee‘s holiday-themed Season 3 episode, “Extraordinary Merry Christmas,” aired last December, some fans felt a little bit like the Grinch had snuck down their chimneys and stolen one of their most hotly anticipated presents.

Indeed, despite the fact that photos had leaked online of a gift exchange between lovebirds Kurt and Blaine, the special moment never saw the light of day when the episode ran long and something had to wind up on the editing-room floor.

And while TVLine brought you the exclusive scoop at the time about what exactly was in the box, executive producer Ryan Murphy — a new addition to Twitter this week — went one step further this evening, releasing the full deleted scene on YouTube.

I won’t spoil the encounter by describing it in detail, but might I suggest you keep your toothbrushes handy? This scene is pretty dang sweet!

Watch it in full below, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Tags:

Comments (96)

• Awww,,,,well that is sweet. And since Murphy is breaking them up the season, those of us that are Klaine fans will have these kind of moments to look back on.

Comment by CA – August 1, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The way us Klaine fans are I can already see the spiraling and emotional breakdowns happening in the comments section of that video when they break up.

Comment by A. – August 1, 2012 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not like they won’t get back together. Pretty obviously endgame.

Comment by Ann – August 1, 2012 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Finchel, Brittana, Klaine, Wemma. All other couples need not apply for endgame status.

Comment by A. – August 2, 2012 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Which is sad for Tike, a far more stable and healthy couple than Finchel or even Wemma, but watcha gonna do?

Comment by Ann – August 2, 2012 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah I think Tike is really cute and stable and healthy, but I gotta admit, when I watched season 1 I thought her and Artie had potential, so I wouldn’t be opposed to a reunion. I’d say out of the four couples with the most focus I like Brittana and Klaine the most, and it has less to do with their orientations and more to do with how they’re written and handled as couples. There’s just so much love there.

Comment by A. – August 2, 2012 12:24 AM PDT
  • So PERFECT. (if a little cheesy) :D

Comment by Lorena – August 1, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just vomited rainbows…and loved it.

Comment by rachelleet – August 2, 2012 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s perfect. They are teens in love, it’s supposed to be cheesy! The guys really did great. No wonder it got cut. Finchel twu wuv and their pig would have been blown away.

Comment by James – August 1, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else expecting a kiss?

Comment by Daniel – August 1, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sure…but any PDA as showy as a kiss pretty much stopped after “The First Time”,

Comment by Lola – August 1, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So true. Pretty sad that they can show two girls kissing but not the boys.

Comment by Kay – August 10, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes..that wouldve been the normal reaction

Comment by hr – August 1, 2012 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t you know hugging is the new gay kiss?

Comment by Ann – August 1, 2012 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klainers rule this world !! :D

Comment by Isistelle – August 1, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sitting on the floor crying like the 15 year old girl I am on the inside.

Comment by Kitty – August 1, 2012 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweet

Comment by Kevin – August 1, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty sure I just got a cavity from watching that. It skirted dangerously near hokey but I don’t think it crossed over. I realize that teenagers really do feel like this but somehow it still doesn’t FEEL authentic in this show. I really like Kurt and I like Blaine but I wish they’d give them a little more realism and less cute cutesie all the time. Although I could say that about a lot of characters in this show. I don’t even know if I’m going to watch this season.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – August 1, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is Glee. The concept of realism doesn’t apply.

Comment by E – August 1, 2012 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love that that there was a shout out to all of us fans who have wondered how Kurt has been able to afford his “fashion” — he’s a bargin hunter!!!

Comment by Chris – August 1, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, goody. TV’s most spoiled group of fans getting even more spoiled. Just what the world needs. *le sigh*

Comment by RachelA – August 1, 2012 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of course you could just not click on the link and move on……

Comment by Lola – August 1, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And you clicked on the link why then?! And these fans got together and raised 14 000 dollars for charity, inspired by this scene. And carried on raising money for charity, inspired by this scene. So just walk away. If you don’t like it, that’s great, nobody likes everything. But why must you hate here when people are happy? And they even did some good? Just walk away.

Comment by James – August 1, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And this isn’t a spolier — the episode already aired…months ago….TV Line already spoiled what the gift was….months ago. This will be on the DVD and so they decided to put it out for all to see. But if you aren’t a fan of the show…or the couple in question…why even comment? Seems pointless.

Comment by Chris – August 1, 2012 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, this WON’T be on the dvd which is what prompted people to band together to raise the money in the first place. And RachelA, you came, you insulted, you snarked *le feel better now?*

Comment by nancy – August 2, 2012 03:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honey, when your fandom raises FOURTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for charity just so they can get the scene they want, then you can start complaining.
      Until then, just stop clicking Klaine links and move on.
      Do you even go here?

Comment by Ali – August 1, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • RachelA I think you’re confusing Klaine fans with Finchel fans. Klaine fans are hardly spoiled. We raised 10 grand for charity just to get the script for this scene because they wouldn’t release it after the episode aired. We deserve this imo.

Comment by Emily (@mutualweirdness) – August 2, 2012 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 14 grand for charity*, sorry I realised I got my numbers wrong after I posted that.

Comment by Emily (@mutualweirdness) – August 2, 2012 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dianna/Faberry fans raised 14k for the Trevor Project without needing scripts as incentive. Give me a break, you’re not the first nor the last to do this.

Comment by Dax – August 2, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The way this conversation is going, how about people who raise hundreds of thousands of millions without needing a fictional TV show as inspiration or incentive? Charity is not a competition; that you all justify it that way is hypocritical in and of itself. That Glee has the power to spur this effort is great. Arguing amongst yourselves over which fandom is more pure in their charitable intentions is just sad.

Comment by Emily – August 2, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • absolutely fantastic!! I cried!

Comment by anna – August 1, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweet, Perfect, Lovely! Thank you Ryan Murphy….you are a sweetheart. It was perfect for this couple. Hopefully Klaine will stay together 4-ever!

This would have been much better than Finn giving Rachel a pig!

Comment by Lily_Girl – August 1, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Utterly adorable. Why they cut this for yet more of Finchel’s whining plus daft pig is beyond me.

Comment by E – August 1, 2012 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d also like to mention: The Klaine fandom raised over $14,000 for charity to get just the *script* for this episode a couple of months ago. That’s how persistent we’ve been in getting this scene released since December.

Comment by SW – August 1, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s such a beautifully written and acted scene. Bravo. I think Klainers deserved this scene. We are fans of a major couple who got pushed to the middle ground after the First Time aired. I’m hoping Ryan and company realize the mistakes they made with Klaine and Kurt, and give us better in season 4. If they do break up Klaine, I pray they don’t character assassinate either boy, so we can root for them to get back together.

Comment by anne – August 1, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do think Murphy plans on breaking them up — BUT, I recall and interview with Chris Colfer who mentioned that he could see a situation where they break up but then Blaine goes to NYC after graduation and they get back together. That would be cool — especially if we get a chance to see them move beyond being just a teenage gay couple but as a couple that grows up together.

Comment by Chris – August 1, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would love to see Klaine grow up together into adulthood beyond their teenage years.

Comment by Adam – August 1, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah I think that would keep us glued to our TV’s more than anything, waiting for the inevitable reunion (it’ll be like waiting for them to get together all over again — one of the highlights of season two imo, even though it was massively frustrating) and seeing how the boys work and grow while separated. I’m really excited about seeing Kurt in New York with SJP and it’ll be interesting to watch Blaine stand by himself in Ohio. Mostly I do need to see them in New York in season 5, if I could have it my way Brittany and Blaine would buy their one-way tickets to New York together at the end of the season.

Comment by A. – August 1, 2012 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Would love to see Brittany and Blaine each arriving on Santana and Kurt’s doorstops for the season 4 finale. Would be a good call back to the season 2 finale (New York!) in which both pairings told each other they loved each other and things were hopeful, exciting, and romantic, rather than season 3′s finale where everyone is being ripped apart.

Comment by Ann – August 1, 2012 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think you should blame Ryan Murphy for the lack of Klaine. I blame the network. They told the writers to tone down the Klaine and Brittana.

Comment by Lauren – August 2, 2012 03:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, I agree. Fox is to blame.

Comment by anne – August 2, 2012 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to take this opportuntiy to thank all those the gave to the 14,000 dollars raised for charity for us to simply see the script, let alone the acutal sceen. Call the fans what you will…but I for one call myself a proud Glee fan for being a part of it.

Comment by Chris – August 1, 2012 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^ This.

Comment by Whining Klainer Apparently – August 1, 2012 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait till they break up.

Comment by Sarah – August 1, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully Klainers will stop whining now…Ha! Yeah right!

Comment by Karen – August 1, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your definition of ‘whining’ is interesting.

Tell me, since when does giving to charity and raising awareness of important matters fall into the category of whining? If you want to talk about whining, sweetheart, your comment is a pretty apt description of it.

Grow up and find something more constructive to do with your time than trying to tear down a really nice achievement that a TV show’s fanbase reached. It’s petty and you’re petty for doing it.

Comment by Whining Klainer Apparently – August 1, 2012 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dream big.

Comment by Dax – August 2, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was listening to the dialog, and it sounds like it was supposed to be placed at the end of the episode. I’m not complaining, it would of been a really cute end to the episode.

Comment by Chris – August 1, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It actually was supposed to be close to the end of the episode. In Finchel’s last school scene (when Finn gives her the star named Finn Hudson and earrings), Kurt and Blaine (wearing those outfits) are walking away in the background at the start of the scene.

Comment by Ann – August 1, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww that is sooooo sweet! When I read that Ryan FINALLY released the christmas box scene I almost cried in excitement. Any little moment between Blaine and Kurt makes me extreamly happy. Watching this made me have the biggest smile upon my face. I wish they didn’t cut this scene. I mean couldn’t they cut a Rachel and Finn moment? Everyone knows that half the show is about them. I seriosuly will be heartbroken if Blaine and Kurt’s relationship ends. They really seem like an amazing couple. I am begging Ryan to keep them together. I think they can handle a long distance relationship and when Blaine graduates he can join Kurt in New York and practically live forever after. After all, I watch glee because of the brilliant music and Klaine! Klaine! Klaine! They are the best couple and characters on the show.

Comment by Abbie – August 1, 2012 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I know some people still like Finchel, but I’ve grown to hate them. I’m kind of sad about that actually. I’m just totally and completely, permanently over them.

Comment by anne – August 1, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I used to ship Finchel in season one hardcore, and then I got distracted by Klaine in season two but still had lots of bursts of love for Finchel. Season three turned me off to them completely, it was too much and none of it was any good.

Comment by true – August 1, 2012 11:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SWEETEST. THING. I’VE. EVER. SEEN!!!!!!! :,) I love Glee so much!!!!!

Comment by Jared – August 1, 2012 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was really sweet but something that only works on television. If my boyfriend gave me a gum wrapper for Christmas, I don’t think I’d be able to hide my disappointment.

Comment by dude – August 1, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The entire episode was about valuing the intangible things in life – love, friendship, music, charity – and rejecting the material. Seriously, at the end, Rachel and Finn get rid of the expensive presents they got each other and donate the money to charity. Blaine MAKING Kurt an origami ring out of his favorite gum’s wrappers (and in the shape of a bow tie) shows effort, thoughtfulness, and love. It’s personal, and it came with what essentially were marriage vows without the piece of paper. It’s not the material item itself but what the item represents.
      The same thing happened in the Valentine’s episode – the real couples who truly loved each other gave the gifts of time spent together and music (Finchel with Stereo Hearts, Tike with their duet, Brittana with the playlist and Cherish/Cherish, and Klaine with Love Shack) whereas the shallow crushes/infatuations/obsessions placed too much value on material items (Artie/Sugar/Rory, Karofsky).

Comment by Ann – August 2, 2012 12:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This klaine scene just points out Kurt hypocrisy

“If that an engagement ring, my answer is yes.”

Before he even knows what is is, he says yes, then proceeds to criticise Rachel a few episodes later for saying yes to Finn proposal

No wonder they cut this scene.

Comment by Akary – August 1, 2012 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s a great point. the last thing glee needs is more hypocrisy. All the criticism would have been on Kurt if this aired then was opposed to the finchel engagement, so it’s good that they cut this. sometimes there’s more to a show than appeasing one of the most annoying groups of fans.

Comment by jay – August 1, 2012 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, so this is about your shipping preferences as opposed to the actual topic at hand. Including a scene that was supposed to be in the first place would not be “appeasing one of the most annoying groups of fans”, it would be storytelling.

Comment by Elizabeth – August 2, 2012 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly Finchel and Klaine are very different couples. Both Finn and Rachel were feeling inadequate when they got engaged; the entire reason for their engagement was that they felt that the only thing they had going for them was their relationship. It’s incredibly unhealthy and Kurt (along with Quinn) realized this. Rachel and Finn both had things to aspire to and they were ignoring them in favor of their relationship. Seeing as Klaine didn’t actually get engaged we don’t even know how that would play out but, as you can tell from the scene, they would not have been doing it for reasons that were harmful to their futures. Rachel was going to defer a year to stay with Finn until he tricked her and broke up with her while she had a panic attack. Since we’ve known her Rachel has been Broadway or Bust and she agreed to marry Finn when she didn’t think it was going to work out. Kurt was being silly and acting out of love for his boyfriend. Entirely different scenarios, especially since Kurt’s comment was most likely meant to be a joke.

Comment by Marisol – August 1, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, Finn and Rachel are immature, codependent, and unhealthy. Finn proposed because he was insecure and needy. Rachel accepted for the same reasons. Kurt was unhappy about their impending nuptials because he worried they were doing it for the wrong reasons and thought that it would end badly for them. Them specifically, the couple Finn and Rachel.
      Kurt and Blaine, on the other hand, are rock solid, healthy, and mature. Plus Kurt is a romantic and I’m sure he was only half-serious. But it’s pretty clear they want to be with each other for the rest of their lives.

Comment by Ann – August 2, 2012 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ^ Exactly, Finn and Rachel wanted to be married to feel good about themselves. Kurt and Blaine are much more adult and have obviously talked about what they want in life and where they plan to be -with each other. Brava, Ann!

Comment by Kayla – August 2, 2012 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Obviously Kurt wasn’t serious, Blaine didn’t take is seriously, it wasn’t a real ring or a real commitment. Kurt didn’t go around wearing the ring. It was a gesture and a sweet one at that. No need to make it something negative.

Comment by anne – August 2, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • adorable scene

Comment by chris – August 1, 2012 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klainers, take this in now because your favorite couple is gonna be broken up soon enough. I, for one am ecstatic. Blaine is literally awful,

Comment by Alex – August 1, 2012 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your bitterness is as predictable as it is arousing, to take a page from the great Sue Sylvester.

Comment by Whining Klainer Apparently – August 1, 2012 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I’ll enjoy seeing their eventual reunion. “Don’t they get together in the end?” “I’m never saying goodbye to you” “In my version, he’s there with me.” yeah, I’m good with a breakup. :)

Comment by A. – August 1, 2012 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was such a great scene, I hate that it was cut, but at least everyone gets to see it now. It could have been cheesier but these two have a way of making these things seem more genuine, which helps lower the cheese factor. Ahh, I love them, they’re my favorite Glee couple.

Comment by A. – August 1, 2012 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweetest.Scene.Ever.
    Kurt and Blaine can be cheesy whenever they want!They still are believable :)

Comment by Lorena – August 2, 2012 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s almost a shame I’m not a Klaine fan at all. As a Quinn/Puck fan I don’t expect to recieve any of their deleted scenes as Ryan Murphy blatantly shows favouritism to certain parts of the fandom. Oh well, enjoy Klainers!

Comment by Kendal – August 2, 2012 01:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I can see why this was cut. Another scene atrociously acted by Darren Criss, who is nothing but predictable in that regard.

Comment by Robbie – August 2, 2012 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • came here to say exactly this

Comment by sara – August 2, 2012 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s so painful, jfc.

Comment by Ten – August 2, 2012 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL i thought you were exaggerating and then i scrolled up to watch. when will they learn to stop giving him more than a line at a time?? his monologues are garbage.

Comment by Hel – August 2, 2012 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah bitterness and jealousy! Sweet sweet smell of those never fails to make me smile. Have some water for your burn.

Comment by James – August 2, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yawn, Blaine haters are so boring and predictable.

Comment by anne – August 2, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought he was adorable.

Comment by people are ridiculous. – August 3, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love his monologues. Just me??

Comment by Ally – August 4, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Call me when they break up. A hundred of these scenes won’t erase the way Blaine violated Kurt in The First Time.

Comment by Tony – August 2, 2012 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Typical of the Klainers to continue criticizing Finchel in a post that doesn’t even mention them. All of the anger in the world won’t change the fact that Finchel will always be the A couple while Klaine is relegated to one or two special episodes. Stay mad!

Comment by Remy – August 2, 2012 04:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • except for the fact that Finchel did actually BREAK UP at the season finale. So how’s your A couple now?

Comment by jason – August 2, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So? They’ve broken up before and they always end up back together. They’ll still get more narrative focus in one episode than Klaine will all season :)

Comment by Remy – August 2, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And they still suck the worst from all the couples on this show. Such an unhealthy and horribly written relationship. Totally the writers fault but to be honest, I cannot believe they messed them up so badly. That is not Rachel any more, and all because of hero Finn and Finchel. What a waste!

Comment by James – August 2, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And yet they’re still the A couple, so sucks for you!

Comment by Remy – August 2, 2012 08:19 AM PDT
          • Not really. I FF their scenes. It does suck in some way, you’re right as Rachel used to be my favorite character and now I can’t look at her. I don’t know who this girl is, but that’s not Rachel and she got destroyed for Finn and Finchel. It’s not about couples here, it is about the awful writing. You shouldn’t be satisfied with things like A couple! Who cares if they suck. Ask for better writing. More care. More consideration. Like this, yeah, they are the A couple that is oh so wrong and unhealthy.

Comment by James – August 2, 2012 05:51 PM PDT
    • Being the A couple doesn’t mean a thing if it’s boring, repetitive, unhealthy and BORING.

Comment by anne – August 2, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that was nice

Comment by rebecca lay – August 2, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who cares about Finchel being the main couple?That doesn’t change the fact that finchel is boring and thanks to the RachelBerry&Finchel Show the 35% of viewers abandoned the show last season and they helped creating one of the most terrible thing ever:GLEE S3

Comment by Dante – August 2, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I feel Christmassy. Tad early for that.

Comment by odbball – August 3, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that is the cutest thing ever!!!! <3 :)

Comment by kristen – August 3, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr Murphy is a great producer and writer, this scene is most beautiful! Now all Klainers need the scene First Time complete.

Comment by Guadalupe – August 3, 2012 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t go that far. But he is softening me a bit more with all these deleted scenes.
      He’s probably a nice guy, with a lot on his plate. They do have to rush their shooting and writing. I really wish they didn’t have to rush and glee was like, a masterpiece in the writing department.

Like Community.

Comment by Ally – August 4, 2012 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But alas it’s not and it probably never will be that amazingly written,

Comment by Ally – August 4, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post