Exclusive

White Collar Exclusive Video: Neal and Sara Reteam on a 'Crime of Persuasion'

White Collar‘s Neal and Sara will have their first post-island-escape meet-cute in this Tuesday’s episode (USA Network, 9/8c), and we’ve got your exclusive first look at the insurance investigator’s proposal to her con man ex.

PHOTOS | Exclusive White Collar First Look: Neal’s ‘Super’-Sexy Hook-Up With Laura Vandervoort

After the flirty catch-up (Her: “How was your island adventure?” Him: “It was kind of like rum punch — it seemed like a good idea at the time…”), Sara presents Neal with a gift: a crime right up his alley, involving a young widow (played by Smallville‘s Laura Vandervoort) who stands to inherit $50 million after her husband’s “accidental” death. But is the beauty really a killer who’s managed to fool the police?

“You’re the connoisseur on crimes of persuasion,” Sara tells Neal. “That’s what I want you to tell me.”

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek and then hit the comments to tell us what you think: Is the well-adjusted exchange a sign that the former couple is definitely done?

Loading video...

1. Mozgirl says:

Nah, Neal and Sara are always going to have a thing for each other, it’s just tempered by Peter.

2. yippity says:

Is it so hard to lose this actress/character already? She ruins every episode she’s in. There are so many more likeable female characters in there, why can’t they bring them back over this one?

• bored of bomer says:

You know comments like this make me laugh. Neal Caffrey goes through women like kleenex and none of them have a back bone aside from Sara. Kate, Alex, Maya and the list will probably go on and on as the writers try to show Neal as some poor example of 007. Atleast Sara comes with her own storylines, her own smarts and her own character. Aside from Diana, Sara is the only female character that isn’t shown as nothing but a prop for the male ‘ego’.

• yippity says:

Whatever! Some people are really easy for the producers to feed with whatever cr@p they want to feed. The actress is lame, she can’t act, she has no facial expressions (perhaps with all that bottox) and the role is badly written. If they wanted to give ‘Sara’ a back bone, they wouldn’t make her run back to help Neal every time. Her character is pathetic as well and it doesn’t help one like the actress any more. Go ahead and bash all you want now. Sheep will always be sheep.

• Templar says:

Ditch Sara, I can’t stand her. Love Alex though.

• Keenan says:

Completely agree.

• Kelly says:

OMG… She’s so ANNOYING!!! Bring back Alex!

3. Christine says:

Ugh. I really dislike them together. I just don’t really see any chemistry between them.

4. cynthia says:

Neal and Sara<3. I'm so excited for this episode, bring it on!

5. luli says:

so is sara leaving the show?????

• CT says:

No, she’s not, she obviously is in tomorrow’s episode and she’ll appear in 3 other episodes this season.

6. Maii says:

Yey!! Sara is back!! I love her!!

7. laura says:

The romance, or rather the bromance on this show is Neal and Peter. No offense to Sarah, but the better female choice for Neal is Alex! Speaking of Ms. Alex Hunter, isn’t she back this season? I’ve missed her.

• peter says:

yes ,she will be back !!!

• CJ says:

eew Alex is back. BORING!!!! Now that’s no chemistry for you right there ;)

• Hannah says:

A-freaking-men. Alex is the most boring character. She adds absolutely nothing and the actress is a talentless hack who has zero chemistry with Bomer, which is kind of pathetic, since Bomer could have chemistry with the freaking hats he wears.

8. Karen says:

Sara is always so rude to Neal. Alex is just plain bad for him since she has no interest in reforming and is always looking out for no 1. Neal needs a smart pretty lady that respects him and understands what he’s been through. Not these selfish, stuck up characters.

9. Michele says:

Ignoring the Sara hate, I’m happy to see her back – whether is be as just a friend or as Neal’s love interest!

10. She’s back! I need to see some sparks flying between her and Neal! *_*_*

Their banter is the best!

• Marsha says:

soo true.. i like their conversations and banter.. and Sara keeps Neal on his toes.. i love them both even though they are not a pair anymore.. who knows, maybe sara is neal’s one true pairing on this show, hehehe..

11. Hannah says:

Thank goodness, Sara’s back. Their meet cute is looking perfect so far, and they’re sooooo not over. Haters gonna hate, but at the end of the day, Sara is the one for Neal. She’s never tried to change him, she’s understood him, she’s risked everything for him because of how much she cares for him. Kate and Alex never did. Team Neal/Sara ftw!

• mary says:

absolutely — for the mature watchers — Neal and Sara are the best, they do have the right chemistry — she is her own person and that is what makes this work.

• Christine says:

I’m a mature watcher and I don’t care for them together. I don’t really like him with any of the ‘love interests’ that have been introduced so far.
        Sarah always comes off as obnoxious to me. It’s like the writers are trying to make her appear really strong and independent, but they’re doing a horrible job at it.

• Hannah says:

Saying you’re a mature watcher automatically invalidates your comment, which is, in fact, rather immature. Nice try. :)

• sulu says:

the same goes for mary’s comment, wouldn’t You agree?
            presuming that “mature watchers” like them together is just plain silly and is intended to diminsh people who don’t like her- in a really juvenile way. See the paradox?
            While Christine talks only about herself, which she has all the right in the world to do.

• Kelly says:

Yeah sure. That’s why Neal didn’t even think of thinking Sara with him when he first thought about leaving with Mozzie.

12. Katie says:

Ignoring the hate indeed, So happy Sara is back. She’s awesome and a pleasure to watch in any episode she’s a part of. And she isn’t rude to Neal anymore, she is a great counterpart to him because she speaks her own mind and doesn’t buy into his bs.

13. Maddie says:

So happy to see Sara back!!

14. Tom says:

I just love how whenever Sara comes back the haters come out in full force. You know what, like it or not, Sara makes an impression and gets you all talking which is what the writers want, fan reaction. She gets her supporters, she gets her haters, but guess what she gets a reaction unlike others that we can barely remember in the next episode….

• sulu says:

I doubt they are going for such reactions like hate and turning to another show…which is what happened in the last three epoisodes of season 3.

15. Ashley says:

So SO happy Sara’s back! She was defenitely missing in the show. She is a strong female and she is good to Neal. I hope we can have many more episoded with her.

16. Mia says:

Im so happy Sara is back.. the dynamics between Sara and Neal is combustible.. I would like Sara aka Hilarie Burton to be a regular on the show.. Even though she isn’t with Neal as of the moment, I’m sure she will be a perfect partner to Neal in some of the investigations they will be conducting.. they are the bonnie and clyde of white collar crimes.. :)

17. jjh says:

I love Neal and sara!!

18. Marsha says:

Yay!! I love sara’s character!! She’s a perfect example of her own woman.. she helped Neal and peter in some of their cases, she does her own thing.. and I love Neal and Sara together.. I hope the producers make her regular on this show.. She’s good for Neal!

19. Star says:

Ok, I’m pumped up with Sara being back on the show.. She is Neal’s female partner in this show.. I love Neal and Peter bromance, Neal and Mozzie’s bond, and Neal’s and Sara’s relationship.. Sara is independent, but she cares for Neal, she has helped Neal and peter in some of their cases since she is an insurance investigator.. I do hope she becomes a regular on the show and the writers explore her backstory too, re: her sister who disappeared.. :) Welcome back Hilarie Burton!!

20. Jame says:

So glad Sara is back!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Raspberry22 says:

YAY I’m excited about Sara! I really love her with Neal, and I think it’s obvious that the writers are enjoying leaving things open (and the audience wondering) which direction they’ll take next in Neal and Sara’s relationship. Of course it’s not over! They have so much chemistry and I REALLY hope that they’ll give their relationship another go once Neal’s grown up a little more.

Incidentally, I see a lot of hate going in Alex’s direction, which is a shame. I like Alex as a character very much – not particularly as a love interest, but the actress is great and she’s always a hoot to have around throwing a monkey wrench into the FBI’s best-laid plans. I wish we could all have our favorite ships without insulting actresses’ appearances or name-calling – that goes for both Sara fans AND Alex fans.

• CJ says:

Well put – it would be nice if people could express their dislike of Sara without all of the name-calling. Or, even better, remember that she’s a fictional character and really not worth all of the anger. And attacking the actress is even lower. Personally, I thought she and Neal – Hilarie and Matt – had wonderful chemistry, and I liked the playful side of their romance. I doubt we’ll see a full resumption of the romance, but there might still be some sparks in the 4 episodes we know the character of Sara will be in. And I’m totally psyched to see Alex back. Alex and Neal definitely have some sparks, even though they’ve admitted they’re not long-term material with each other.

22. YEEEES, SARA! I miss her!! Love Hilarie, and love her chemistry with Matt/Neal.

23. Olivia A says:

Love Neal & Sara. Welcome back, Hilarie Burton!

24. Angie says:

I’m probably the only one that wants Maya for Neal.

25. Jessica says:

So glad Sara is back! I love seeing her and Neal working together. Agree with the other posters about their banter!! I think she brings something to the show!!

26. CoCoTima says:

Yesss!! She’s ba-haaackk!

27. Ella says:

I LOVE Sara! Sooooo great to see her back, can’t wait!

28. meah says:

So all these few leyton fans from one tree hill always come and hype sara!!!atleast I didn’t know who gloria(alex)was before the show and she made me a fan(along with many other people)hilarie atleast has fans from one tree hill watching the show..guess am gonna skip this weeks episode.I would read the review on tvfanatic.I hope she’s not going to be around next week

• Raspberry22 says:

Pet peeve – a TON of Sara fans (including myself) have never seen an episode of OTH. Hate on the character, but please don’t assume that we just blindly follow Burton from one show to another. I like Sara because I like that she forces Neal out of his comfort zone that Alex and Mozzie indulge, and I find her interesting. Has zip to do with OTH.

29. Samantha says:

I don’t really care about Sara being back. I just want to see Alex back again.

30. allena says:

I’M SO HAPPY THAT SHE’S BACK WOOOO!!!

31. jack says:

Very happy to see Sara again. Sara is definitely the best out of all of Neal’s lady friends.

32. Ashley says:

I don’t really care for Sara. I get the concept of the character, but they messed up her introduction and follow-up episode by making her too rigid and snotty. I may have been able to get on board with her intro had shown Sara more like she was in “Burke’s Seven”, but once a character starts out on the wrong foot so badly it’s hard-to-next-to-impossible for them to recover.

• Christine says:

Very well said! I completely agree. She seemed obnoxious and arrogant when she was introduced, and regardless of what they have done to soften her up, I still haven’t warmed up to her.

33. Rachel says:

This clip rather cements my dislike of Sara and Burton. I had been a bit hopeful that she’d be written and acted better than in S3, but I’m not surprised I’m disappointed. It’s like the writers and Burton can’t decide what kind of character Sara is, and the result is an aloof, cold, and detached mess of a character. I sincerely hope that they introduce a new and better love interest, because I can’t see Neal getting back together with her at all and I think he deserves better.

34. Susie says:

Time for a new woman in Neal Caffery’s life. Someone who doesn’t have that slick sophistacation, that the others do.

35. Lisa says:

Sara is the first female character on this show that I can actually see having some future with Neal. I hope she’s here to stay. He loved the idea of Kate rather than who she really was, Alex and him both know it’s fun to hook up every once in a while but it’s not going anywhere, and Maya was just a nice summer fling (or perhaps a rebound?). We all know Neal wants what Peter and Elizabeth have and with Sara he can have it. None of them wants to admit it but they’re pretty much perfect for each other.

36. db says:

I love the character of Sara. She is smart and sophisticated. As Peter said in an episode, she is good for Neal. I also agree with the comment above that she takes Neal out of his comfort zone and challenges him to be a better person. I like the witty banter between them–I choose to believe that it is foreplay. I hope Sara returns for several episodes.

37. Yara says:

I honestly don’t get how people can hate Sara THIS much. I mean, its one thing to dislike a character or to even get physically annoyed by them, but some of you haters just bring things to a whole new level. It’s just sad and, quite frankly, pretty telling on how empty one’s life must be to get this worked up over a FICTIONAL character… Just sayin’

• irena says:

well, I don’t know exactly what You mean by “so worked up over a fictional character”, but I must say that I am a big fan of White Collar and Sara is a character I literally can’t stand to watch. There is sth about HB’s acting that puts me off, so yeah, I am annoyed by her presence a lot and I voice it, just as other people may voice that they like her. If there are “wars” over her character then both sides are to blame.

38. Andrea says:

I agree that there are strong women on White Collar, but I don’t think Sara is one of them. Elizabeth is strong, June is strong, and Ellen is strong. I’ve always found Sara to be rather vapid. They also didn’t do her any favors by having her and Neal get it on in the bookshelves and having Moz interrupt another instance when she and Neal were about to get it on. I don’t find Sara to be particularly substantive as a character, and their supposed break-up didn’t work for me either because a break-up implies that there was a relationship. I always found Neal and Sara to be two pretty people who liked good food, fine wine, and some casual sex, but I don’t feel that they really bring anything “deep” or meaningful to each other’s lives that would be missed if the other isn’t around.

39. Kay says:

All this Sarah hate makes me laugh. I’ll let you all rant on and on…and on about that.
    She’s a great match for Neal, not perfect, but no one’s ‘perfect’ together, that’s all I’m going saying.

40. Lani says:

Neal and Sara never really clicked for me and I was pretty happy that she has not been in much of this season. I always wanted Neal and Diane together before they revealed that she was lesbian. I love that Diane takes no crap from Neal.

41. Kalista says:

Love Neal and Sara!!! Woooohoooooo!!!! Give it up guys! You’re just jealous haha!

42. kelly says:

ugh Sara is back thats okay I guess but please I cant handle Neal and her together again it broke my heart when they ended him and Kate. The love he had for Kate was real he was willing to do anything for her but since she is dead Alex shall do.

43. Onyxia says:

Okay smart people understand this . Its white collar hmmm get that much? Now respect each others opinions. I swear to god, I bet I am younger than most of you but all of you are acting so immature. Grow up. You are not cupid so stop acting like it.

44. Barbara says:

LOL, you people should take the time to read these comments. It’s hilarious how deadly serious you all are about the pairings. The point of the show isn’t the couples, it’s the plot consisting of heists and missions. Want to see “happily ever afters”? Go watch some Lifetime movies. No offense.
    I know that by stating this I am, in a way, contradicting myself, but if I had to pick- Neal/Sara is it for me. Bashing characters (especially the actors) is pointless. Simple as that.
    Enjoy the good show for what it depicts, and just the plain smexy yumminess that Matt Bomer is.

45. Sarah says:

What in the world are you haters talking about??? Sara is the best for Neal because she is opposite of him, and not to sound cliche but opposites do attract in this case. She isn’t mean, she just has her guard up. Those of you who is still rude to the Neal/Sara couple is just jealous that Hilarie Burton is a gorgeous women and want to be like her.
    Sara makes Neal a better person and visa versa. Which by the way I think they should have shown more of the Sara and Neal relationship when they were together so they can convince you that they are a great pair.

Alex… I mean really??? Alex is horrible for Neal. She will just pull him into the “dark” side again. Unless you like robbers and doing things against the law, then you should not like them together because them two together equals bad influence.

Anyways… thats all I have.