Gossip Girl's Chuck Bass Vs. White Collar's Neal Caffrey: Bad-Boy Semifinals Begin!

We started with 64 players, but the Semifinals of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament feature just four rugged survivors.

Our first Semifinal matchup finds Chuck Bass of Gossip Girl and Neal Caffrey of White Collar heading into the ring.

Tomorrow, we’ll kick off a second Semifinal bout, and on Thursday, the last two men standing will duke it out in the Finale of our single-elimination tourney. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Semifinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against.

And if you’re interested in the match-ups that have already finished, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

1. Ella says:

Neal! Neal! Neal! Chuck sucks. Sad that Dean Winchester got knocked out though :(

2. Sabrina says:

What’s with the bracket that has Cole Turner and Damon Salvatore in it? Cole Turner obviously has the higher vote count, but it looks like Damon has won this bracket. I voted for Cole Turner, who else did?

3. Ice says:

Chuck all the way!

4. Anna says:

69 Days Until Gossip Girl (October 8th), We love you Chuck!!!!!!!!!!

5. Taney says:

Neal of course, Chuck is like a cartoon character.

6. Lisa says:

Chuck!!

7. Christiana says:

“Yeah, I like kissing Leighton. She’s so great. Leighton is gorgeous. I like working with her. She’s very talented and she’s fantastic to work with.”” -Ed Westwick
    he is soooo cute :*
    Chuck FTW!

8. May says:

My vote goes to Chuck Bass. Because I like the character a lot. Although it seems he’s not Gossip Girl’s bad boy anymore. I don’t watch White Collar but I must admit Matthew Bomer is really HOT.:) It is surprising though that WC’s fans managed to kick off Dean Winchester from this tournament. I had no idea WC was more popular than Supernatural. Also I don’t get how people can say they don’t watch GossipGirl but they hate Chuck Bass….plus knowing that he keeps winning contests and hinting that GG’s fans might be cheaters. Spending time monitoring fanbases of a show you aren’t even watching? :P

9. Wendy says:

I love Chuck Bass!!!

10. Chris says:

Chuck Bass all the way !

11. Meg says:

Chuck Bass, hands down!

12. Maria says:

I love Chuck- and voted for him, obviously- but from what I’ve read, I won’t complain if he loses to Neal. Sounds like a quality bad boy.

13. Isabelle says:

Now this isnt a hard choice, Neal all the way. I cant believe he beat Dean Winchester, Dean normally wins every pole so for that reason alone Neal should win the whole thing IMO

14. TZR says:

never really watched white collar….so my vote goes to chuck bass even though matt bomer is such a hottie!

15. Marisol says:

Chuck Bass all the way!!

16. AA says:

Chuck Bass all day, every day!

17. Theresa says:

Neal-Neal-Neal-Neal! Nuff said.

18. bobbie says:

Chuck Bass. sexier, badder, more passionate

19. Claudia says:

This one goes to Chuck, for being so troubled. I am still really upset Dean lost, I would have definitely voted for him instead of Chuck in the semi-finals.

20. Maryline__BSB says:

I watch both shows and love both characters but NEAL has my vote for sure! He’s the bad boy we all dream of, way more charming, just look at his eyes! I just want a hug now, Neal where are you? :)

21. Sarah says:

Chuck Bass!!

22. Samantha says:

A lot of people are saying Dean should be there instead of Neal, that Dean actually won his round. If that is true, I think Michael had a tough choice to make. If Dean HAD won, the entire top 4 would be WB/CW. Avoiding that might be worth a little vote nudging. As big a Dean fan as I am, of all the second placers there was to choose from, I would have picked Neal too if I was in Michael’s place. (It’s still depressing for Dean though. I thought he was gonna take it all. Oh well, now Neal can. Or Spike. Either one is fine with me.)

23. Webby says:

Why do they even have contests against Matt, he’s the worlds hottest man win or lose!

24. Brianna says:

CHUCK BASS SHOULD WIN , what is wrong with you neal? seriously?

CHUCKK BASS MY LOVEEEEEEE

25. Patsy says:

It looks like the Supernatural fans have a bitter pill to swallow. Just lighted up and let it go, the whining is getting old. Someone mentioned they didn’t know that White Collar was more popular than Supernatural. Although White Collar & Supernatural are both great shows, truth is it is “Matt Bomer” that is gaining popularity by the millions…he is a brilliant actor and anyone who hasn’t seen his show yet should definitely check it out. I never had any doubt he would win because he is winning a good majority of the polls on line. You just have to look at this guy to see his appeal….So all the posters raving “foul play”….he won! It is not the end of the world. Matt Bomer “has arrived” and there aint no stopping this stunning heart throb, he is fearless! And so are his fans, don’t underestimate either of us :)

• Exactly. Matt Bomer is really gaining a lot of fans and I’m proud, as a newer viewer, to see him beat Dean. Dean Winchester is a very tough competitor because of all of his fans, so for Neal to make it past him is terrific, and well deserved, And for this, I agree with others when they say he should win the whole thing.

• Lisa says:

White Collar has more total viewers than Supernatural, actually.

• Not Really says:

No bitter pill for SPN fans to swallow, as anyone who followed the entire poll until it’s conclusion 48 hours after being out up knows that Dean would have been declared the winner. WC producers posted a link on the fan page after the poll should have closed which caused an influx of Neal fans to vote after the poll was to have concluded. Not bitter. Not calling foul. Just pointing out problems with polling, not the votes one gets. I am a big SPN fan and voted for Dean, but if I had seen the reverse, and Dean got extra votes after the voting stopped, I wuld still call TVLine out on their polling process. Just takes some of the fun away IMHO.

• Christine says:

What takes the fun away is people complaining about this like its the presidential election.

• Really? says:

Actually, watching people whine at the close of LEGIT polls is quite fun when their chosen favorite does not REALLY win a popularity poll. Brings joy to the hearts of many.

26. jenselicious says:

I was honestly shocked to find out that Neal won over Dean. I didn’t vote on that poll because I genuinely love both. but Neal deserves to win this one. if it isn’t the Winchesters then it shall be CAFFREY. btw White Collar is one of the best tv shows ever. trust me in this.. you’ll get hooked from the first ep you watch. I watched S3E6 on tv and fell in love ever since. now I’m a die hard Collargunner!

27. Lisa says:

Neal obviously wins since unlike Chuck he’s never tried to rape anyone. :P

28. Maina says:

Matt Bomer all the way….

29. Anna says:

Ed/Chuck <3

30. Hojana says:

Thank god this tw4t finally got thrown out. He’s not a bad boy he is a coward that likes to abuse women and treat them like property.

31. Deanna says:

(Wow..there are some seriously brain damaged people among the Gossip Girl fans. I’d say stop watching a show that clearly you don’t like and start watching White Collar………but I wouldn’t want such psychos in the WC fandom.) Go Matt/Neal! :)