Gossip Girl's Chuck Bass Vs. White Collar's Neal Caffrey: Bad-Boy Semifinals Begin!

We started with 64 players, but the Semifinals of TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament feature just four rugged survivors.

Our first Semifinal matchup finds Chuck Bass of Gossip Girl and Neal Caffrey of White Collar heading into the ring.

Tomorrow, we’ll kick off a second Semifinal bout, and on Thursday, the last two men standing will duke it out in the Finale of our single-elimination tourney. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Semifinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against.

And if you’re interested in the match-ups that have already finished, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (145)

• JUST 2 WORDS -CHUCK BASS.

Comment by MΔRRIΣD WITH GΔGΔ♥ (@LadyGagasWay) – July 30, 2012 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal! Neal! Neal! Chuck sucks. Sad that Dean Winchester got knocked out though :(

Comment by Ella – July 30, 2012 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s with the bracket that has Cole Turner and Damon Salvatore in it? Cole Turner obviously has the higher vote count, but it looks like Damon has won this bracket. I voted for Cole Turner, who else did?

Comment by Sabrina – July 30, 2012 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck all the way!

Comment by Ice – July 30, 2012 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 69 Days Until Gossip Girl (October 8th), We love you Chuck!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Anna – July 31, 2012 01:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal of course, Chuck is like a cartoon character.

Comment by Taney – July 31, 2012 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck!!

Comment by Lisa – July 31, 2012 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Yeah, I like kissing Leighton. She’s so great. Leighton is gorgeous. I like working with her. She’s very talented and she’s fantastic to work with.”” -Ed Westwick
    he is soooo cute :*
    Chuck FTW!

Comment by Christiana – July 31, 2012 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote goes to Chuck Bass. Because I like the character a lot. Although it seems he’s not Gossip Girl’s bad boy anymore. I don’t watch White Collar but I must admit Matthew Bomer is really HOT.:) It is surprising though that WC’s fans managed to kick off Dean Winchester from this tournament. I had no idea WC was more popular than Supernatural. Also I don’t get how people can say they don’t watch GossipGirl but they hate Chuck Bass….plus knowing that he keeps winning contests and hinting that GG’s fans might be cheaters. Spending time monitoring fanbases of a show you aren’t even watching? :P

Comment by May – July 31, 2012 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched Gossip Girl for four seasons. Then I stopped because it got more stupid than it already was.

Comment by Leah – July 31, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Chuck Bass!!!

Comment by Wendy – July 31, 2012 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck Bass all the way !

Comment by Chris – July 31, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck Bass, hands down!

Comment by Meg – July 31, 2012 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Chuck- and voted for him, obviously- but from what I’ve read, I won’t complain if he loses to Neal. Sounds like a quality bad boy.

Comment by Maria – July 31, 2012 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now this isnt a hard choice, Neal all the way. I cant believe he beat Dean Winchester, Dean normally wins every pole so for that reason alone Neal should win the whole thing IMO

Comment by Isabelle – July 31, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • never really watched white collar….so my vote goes to chuck bass even though matt bomer is such a hottie!

Comment by TZR – July 31, 2012 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck Bass all the way!!

Comment by Marisol – July 31, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck Bass all day, every day!

Comment by AA – July 31, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal-Neal-Neal-Neal! Nuff said.

Comment by Theresa – July 31, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck Bass. sexier, badder, more passionate

Comment by bobbie – July 31, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This one goes to Chuck, for being so troubled. I am still really upset Dean lost, I would have definitely voted for him instead of Chuck in the semi-finals.

Comment by Claudia – July 31, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch both shows and love both characters but NEAL has my vote for sure! He’s the bad boy we all dream of, way more charming, just look at his eyes! I just want a hug now, Neal where are you? :)

Comment by Maryline__BSB – July 31, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck Bass!!

Comment by Sarah – July 31, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A lot of people are saying Dean should be there instead of Neal, that Dean actually won his round. If that is true, I think Michael had a tough choice to make. If Dean HAD won, the entire top 4 would be WB/CW. Avoiding that might be worth a little vote nudging. As big a Dean fan as I am, of all the second placers there was to choose from, I would have picked Neal too if I was in Michael’s place. (It’s still depressing for Dean though. I thought he was gonna take it all. Oh well, now Neal can. Or Spike. Either one is fine with me.)

Comment by Samantha – July 31, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do they even have contests against Matt, he’s the worlds hottest man win or lose!

Comment by Webby – July 31, 2012 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CHUCK BASS SHOULD WIN , what is wrong with you neal? seriously?

CHUCKK BASS MY LOVEEEEEEE

Comment by Brianna – July 31, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It looks like the Supernatural fans have a bitter pill to swallow. Just lighted up and let it go, the whining is getting old. Someone mentioned they didn’t know that White Collar was more popular than Supernatural. Although White Collar & Supernatural are both great shows, truth is it is “Matt Bomer” that is gaining popularity by the millions…he is a brilliant actor and anyone who hasn’t seen his show yet should definitely check it out. I never had any doubt he would win because he is winning a good majority of the polls on line. You just have to look at this guy to see his appeal….So all the posters raving “foul play”….he won! It is not the end of the world. Matt Bomer “has arrived” and there aint no stopping this stunning heart throb, he is fearless! And so are his fans, don’t underestimate either of us :)

Comment by Patsy – July 31, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. Matt Bomer is really gaining a lot of fans and I’m proud, as a newer viewer, to see him beat Dean. Dean Winchester is a very tough competitor because of all of his fans, so for Neal to make it past him is terrific, and well deserved, And for this, I agree with others when they say he should win the whole thing.

Comment by Jessica Nightflame Desrocher – July 31, 2012 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • White Collar has more total viewers than Supernatural, actually.

Comment by Lisa – July 31, 2012 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No bitter pill for SPN fans to swallow, as anyone who followed the entire poll until it’s conclusion 48 hours after being out up knows that Dean would have been declared the winner. WC producers posted a link on the fan page after the poll should have closed which caused an influx of Neal fans to vote after the poll was to have concluded. Not bitter. Not calling foul. Just pointing out problems with polling, not the votes one gets. I am a big SPN fan and voted for Dean, but if I had seen the reverse, and Dean got extra votes after the voting stopped, I wuld still call TVLine out on their polling process. Just takes some of the fun away IMHO.

Comment by Not Really – August 1, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What takes the fun away is people complaining about this like its the presidential election.

Comment by Christine – August 1, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually, watching people whine at the close of LEGIT polls is quite fun when their chosen favorite does not REALLY win a popularity poll. Brings joy to the hearts of many.

Comment by Really? – August 1, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was honestly shocked to find out that Neal won over Dean. I didn’t vote on that poll because I genuinely love both. but Neal deserves to win this one. if it isn’t the Winchesters then it shall be CAFFREY. btw White Collar is one of the best tv shows ever. trust me in this.. you’ll get hooked from the first ep you watch. I watched S3E6 on tv and fell in love ever since. now I’m a die hard Collargunner!

Comment by jenselicious – July 31, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal obviously wins since unlike Chuck he’s never tried to rape anyone. :P

Comment by Lisa – July 31, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Bomer all the way….

Comment by Maina – August 1, 2012 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ed/Chuck <3

Comment by Anna – August 1, 2012 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god this tw4t finally got thrown out. He’s not a bad boy he is a coward that likes to abuse women and treat them like property.

Comment by Hojana – August 1, 2012 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (Wow..there are some seriously brain damaged people among the Gossip Girl fans. I’d say stop watching a show that clearly you don’t like and start watching White Collar………but I wouldn’t want such psychos in the WC fandom.) Go Matt/Neal! :)

Comment by Deanna – August 1, 2012 11:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post