Supernatural Scoop: CW Boss on Renewal, a Possible Season 9 and Misha Collins' Future

Supernatural Jared Padalecki Misha Collins Jensen AcklesHave no doubt: The CW president Mark Pedowitz hearts Supernatural‘s Sam and Dean.

Speaking at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills on Monday morning, Pedowitz put his support behind the Winchester boys, saying “there was no question” about the Season 8 renewal — and even hinted at a possible ninth (!) season.

RELATED | The CW Boss on Staying In Business With SMG and Tom Welling, Saying Goodbye to Gossip Girl

“The guys are great,” he continued. “The show is great. We’re big believers in the show.”

Pedowitz revealed that Misha Collins’ heavenly angel Castiel will be in a “minimum of eight” Season 8 episodes — but what about the demon-hunting brothers he pals around with and their prospects beyond the upcoming run? The CW boss expressed his desire to keep the series going for a long, long time. When asked whether there have already been talks about securing stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki beyond next season, Pedowitz told reporters, “There’s always conversations that happen. I am a big Supernatural fan.”

In fact, he added, “I hope it stays on as long as I’m still here.”

1. Darby says:

I don’t know what I would do if they stopped making supernatural it is one of the best shows out there and the actors fit the roles perfectly Jensen and Jared must stay the show won’t be the same without them!!!

2. Betta says:

Honestly, I just wish the show would return to what it had in the first couple of seasons where Sam and Dean had a new case each week. I like the show, but I am not a fan of the all the heaven, hell, purgatory, world ending type of stuff. I love it when each week there is a new case a waiting Sam and Dean. However, I like Cas but not as an angel. Have him as human.

3. I really hope there is a season 9 & 10 of supernatural it is one of the best shows cw really knows what they are doing and season 9 & 10 hopefully will have misha he is part of the group its where he belongs

4. SONNY says:

forget about everything else and give usa date on when we can expect the next new episodes…………..DUH!!!!!!!!!

5. Sandro says:

I been watching Supernatural from the very beging and I just love the show all around. Aside from having the brothers Dean and Sam as the main characters I also tend to like Cas alot and having him on the show again makes it even better.

I wish the writers of Supernatural will pair up Cas with a Demon (a demon with a soul that is) and help the brothers on their quest to destroy evil. Im all ears when there is a Demon helping the brothers like Ruby or Megan. Or a vampire like Elenor……sad she had to die. Love her in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and liked her more in Supernatural. Overall the Show is excellent and I hope it last beyong season 9 or 10…………thumbs up guys!!!!

6. Lisa F. says:

Is there any clue as to when and what station Supernatural season 9 will be on???? I’ve looked up everything there is to find and wow just stumped…… I love this show and altho I didn’t feel that season 8 was all that well,, I know that 9 will be awesome, from the way 8 ended. That said

PLZ someone give me a hint. :)

7. Would be absolutely heart broken and out raged if My Favorite show on tv Supernatural was not renewed for a season 9 and beyond as long as Jared and Jensen are willing to do them!!!! !! There is to much cancelling and non renewing of fabulous shows going on these days (like tnt w/ Leverage for example)!! If they would promote the show more then it would get better and higher ratings!!!! How can u cancel or not renew a show that its fans not only Win a PCA for favorite fan following by pay out $$$$ and drive sometimes hundreds and thousands of miles to attend a convention!! I remember when MyBLoody Valentine came out and FRiday the 13th i went to watch both in theatre and the amount poeple that were packed in was unbelievable (more then for even Pirates of the Carribean) and the parents who took their young daughters to watch rated R movies!!Do they think they and all of us were their for the movie!!I beg to differ we were all there to See Jensen Ackles and Jared Padelacki!! So i say YOu cant just take away a show that is obviously loved by thousands and millions w/ out giving it a Fighting chance!!! In the world of vampires and un natural being i rate Supernatural number 1 !!Vampire Diaries in my opionin has Supernatural to thank for paving the way for its success not Twilight or anything else! Keep Supernatural on air till its stars are ready to move on !!!!!!!

• kotuis says:

That’s good stuff man. They can NOT take supernatural away from us! I would be ready to KILL! Absolutely heart broken. But i think they will do at least a couple more seasons, like you said its a great show and the only way they would stop producing, is if jared and jensen stopped. They will get approved for a renewal no doubt in my mind. Gotta be positive bro!

8. matt says:

i wish Bobby would come back. enough said. very mad

9. kotuis says:

I love this show more then anything. Idc were they go with it as long as it keeps coming!! They are really good at makin good seasons. i have not been disappointed with this show at all. I love sam and dean and i would be heart broken if they stoppped doin this show! It would not be the same without them. Flat out they make this show. Of course bobby and cas are great but, take sam or dean out and they would not have a show… please keep em’ comin!!!

10. Myself, I just ” LOVE ” the show Supernatural. The bro’s are excellent and well in my opinion Cas is really starting to become a bad ass!! I’m not sure anymore what his purpose is on the show other than to deceive the boys, and raise problems… PLZ,, don’t get me wrong I love Castiel as well as a lot of you others the thing is I feel as though, he’s starting to bring the show DOWN. I cry when the boys do and I find myself getting so involved in this show that ” gosh ” I even seem to yell at the T.V. I do wish tho there was a way to bring back Jim Beavers- Bobby,( for those of u that may not know ) I just sat and wept when poor Bobby was taken in season 7. I wish there was more info. out there on the upcoming season 9, I’ve looked for panels, talks w/ Jared and Jensen but nothing…… Does anybody have any clue where to go??!! I’ve watched this series of this show since day 1, and WOW I’m still so happy about the fact there going to back on CW for yet another season. Now I’ll have to get season 8 and then move on to season 9 once up and of course OUT!! I love the show so much I’ve got like everything on it,, and the guys OH WOW,, They could come to my room anytime as I’m sure many of you other gals feel, The bad PART they are both married and out of my league but it don’t hurt to Dream,, Right??? Now I was wondering what u all think??!! Well,, I’ll wait….. :)

• tiffany says:

Hey. well first i don’t think cast is bring the show down. im mean he got into Dean and Sam life so much i think he lost apart of him and he lost his way for a mint but he slowly coming back to himself. and he is all the boys got now that bobby is gone.. and i hate bobby had to die. i like both Sam and Dean but to be real i think Sam is kind of bring the show down if it was up to me i would let Dean and cast team up.. sorry im saying

11. tiffany says:

I Love Jensen a*k*a Dean and IM am hooked on the show i have already seen all 7 getting ready to see the 8th one and can’t wait for 9th one the whole cast is great but im a Dean fan..

12. Della Helton says:

I hope Sam and Dean and cas will play in more of the supernatural episodes and make more seasons.Cause Every morning I get up at 6 a.m. and get my children off to school and do my house chores then when 9a.m. rolls around I start watching Sam & Dean & cas make my day.They inspire me to go and get my day done.You all are my night and shinning and armore.You guys are special to me.I hope you all don’t quit making supernatural.I am a small town woman.I know it is hard to make these movies and it takes a lot of practice,hang in there guys you can do this,I have watched all your movies. Your very biggest fan Della Helton