Supernatural's Dean Winchester Vs. White Collar's Neal Caffrey: Bad Boy Quarterfinals Continue!

The matchups just keep getting tougher as we reach Day 2 of the TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament Quarterfinals.

Yes indeed, brace yourselves for a brutal battle between Supernatural‘s Dean Winchester and White Collar‘s Neal Caffrey!

Every day for the next week, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against.

And if you’re interested in the match-ups that have already finished, and those we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (270)

• mat bomer

Comment by zahira – July 29, 2012 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to know why Tim Riggins lost whatever that round was, because his percentage was higher than his opponent. Also, why do some of the percentages of each pair of guys add up to more than 100%? Bracket people, please explain for us non-bracket people. Thanks!

Comment by Cindy Meenahan – July 29, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The % you see is how much the person had against their last competitor. For example, Neal beat Logan with 62.5% of the vote and Dean beat Sherlock with 62% of the vote. Therefore those two numbers don’t represent anything regarding the Neal-Dean vote. I hope that helps!

Comment by jj – July 30, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal is fantastic, amazing and awesome, but as much as I love him (which is a lot), he’s not a bad boy. Dean has been to hell, has killed some demons/humans/angels (I think)/Leviathans and more. If he’s not the ultimate bad boy, I don’t know who is.

Comment by Odair – July 29, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does the poll end?

Comment by KHJ – July 29, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dean is way more of a bad boy than neal!!!!

Comment by angel – July 29, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean FTW

Comment by Dean FTW Vote Dean – July 29, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot believe Dean lost! The world must be off its axis or something.

Comment by Christine Heitman – July 29, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know what you mean. I’m in shock that Dean lost! How could that happen?

Comment by elr – July 30, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well. For one, the poll closed late. Dean would have won if they closed the at the deadline (48 hours after the polled originally posted). I mean, Dean was in the lead for 2 days. Then all of a sudden, he dropped 16 points in two hours just before he closed the poll (that’s after the deadline). This is so wrong.

Comment by spnfan – July 30, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • are you kidding? jensen was first with 9 points difference & 2 hours later (just riight before the end) he is loosing with 7 points difference? how is that even possible?

Comment by barb – July 29, 2012 05:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol this was like 55-45 in Dean’s favor almost the entire time up to the deadline, and then all of a sudden it drops and Neal wins? right. lmao ok.

Comment by umm – July 29, 2012 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • numerically that’s basically impossible to switch so much that fast. cheating obvi.

Comment by umm – July 29, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It won’t let me vote.

Comment by Rach – July 29, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People should leave Matt Bomer’s personal life out if their hateful comments. If that’s all you have to complain about him, then that’s pretty lame. Matt has lost other friendly contest and I have yet to read a Bomer fan get rude or nasty about the competition. It’s a fun poll, keep it fun! Calling his Matt’s “cheaters?” no, it called retweeting and spreading the word, and his fans stepping up to show support ;)

Comment by RosannaDanaAna – July 29, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both Dean and Neal but before you start calling people cheaters Jeff Eastin creator of “White Collar” rallied the White Collar fans last minute with urging them to vote for Matt Bomer that Dean was beating him. And with putting out the word and Whte Collar having a larger viewing audience Neal managed a come back and won.

Comment by Cheryl – July 29, 2012 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to go Matt Bomer and all White Collar fans for the final “RALLY” to push Neal over the top! WOO HOO

Comment by RosannaDanaAna – July 29, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think posting this on facebook was major cheating.

Comment by nina – July 29, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HA. Like SPN doesn’t do this all the time with other contests. Missing this one doesn’t constitute cheating.

Comment by Leah – July 29, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then Supernatural fans shouldn’t have been allowed to spread the word via Twitter. I’ve run my own polls with these fandoms competing and I know how passionate they both are! Though if you look at the actual Facebook post, quite a few of the commenters said they were voting for Dean instead of Neal. I’ve never seen people mention they were voting for the other team with Supernatural poll promotions. So either Supernatural fans are lemmings or scared of what diehard fans will do to them if they vote for somebody else.

Comment by Katie Hart (@waterfallbooks) – July 29, 2012 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s so many problem with this poll. For one, it was closed late. It suppose to close at 12:57 PM PDT today (since it was up at July 27, 2012 12:57 PM PDT and would open for 48 hours). At that time, Dean was still more than 5 points ahead. Then Neal won’t be ahead becuase of the so called “last minute push” (whether that’s true or not) by the White Collar fans.

Comment by spnfan – July 29, 2012 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No wonder Neal beat Dean, Neal fans cheated. I voted once like your supposed to. It’s a shame that the only way Neal can win is by cheating. Dean is a bad boy Neal is a con artist, he doesn’t qualify as a bad boy. Jail time as a sign of his bad boy is all he’s got. Dean has got so much more to prove he’s a bad boy with a good heart.

Comment by Tawrens – July 29, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You do realize for your Bad Boy poll Dean Winchester was winning at the deadline.

Comment by Josh – July 29, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. Dean was winning by more than 5 points at 12:57 PM PDT today (48 hours after the poll was posted). Somebody should point that out to Michael Slezak if he missed that.

Comment by spnfan – July 29, 2012 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hmm well that means his rally should of been to late then.

Comment by Josh – July 29, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes. I was watching the poll. Dean lost his lead (below 50%) around 2:30 PM PDT. It’s past the deadline.

Comment by spnfan – July 29, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What an ugly deception? Should be ashamed! Administration, deal! Despite the fact that Dean the good guy, not a bad boy. Win by cheating, it’s a shame!

Comment by Elena – July 29, 2012 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A fun poll has turned into a playground tiff of “cheater, cheater pumpkin eater.” Word was spread, poll was shared and posted…fans answered the call to rally behind White Collar and Matt Bomer’s character, Neal. If Jensen and SPN’S fans missed the boat then just move on and stop making excuses. Not the end of the world if one fan base answered the call and another fan base didn’t. For all those super people who were torn between Dean and Neal, now that Neal has moved on to the next round, show your support and keep going. If you’re THAT disappointed, I apologize because I enjoy SPN as well….people, stop beating a dead horse ;)

Comment by RosannaDanaAna – July 29, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What…how…I can’t…Dean lost? Dean LOST?

Okay, I am going to enjoy this guy getting CLOBBERED by Spike or Damon. :)

Comment by Cass – July 29, 2012 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, if they closed the poll by the actual deadline (12:57 PM PDT today, 48 hours after the poll was posted), Dean would have won. Dean lost his lead (below 50%) around 2:30 PM PDT, result of so-called “last minute push” (whether that’s true or not) by the White Collar fans.

Comment by spnfan – July 29, 2012 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Huh. I can’t hate on the White Collar fans for rallying the troops, but if it really was after the deadline should have closed that’s a problem. I mean, I know this ain’t the Olympics but if you set up rules you should follow them. Have all the races overrun like that?

Comment by Cass – July 29, 2012 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Some race closed late but it didn’t affect the results like this one did.

Comment by spnfan – July 30, 2012 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jensen (Dean Winchester)…hands down!!!!
    I love Matt in White Collar, but he’s nooo match for Jensen…

Comment by sue – July 29, 2012 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can Dean have lost this? He is way hotter and a much a better bad boy than Neal! Plus, Dean and SPN always win these things because the show is so good and the boys are so bad.The TVLine survey must be rigged!

Comment by Tracy – July 29, 2012 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO not fair to put these 2 up against each other. I adore them both but Dean gets my vote.

Comment by Ella – July 29, 2012 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neil Caffrey is the most beautiful & sophisticated criminal that I have ever seen !

Comment by Dsummerfan – July 29, 2012 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean lost? I can’t speak for everyone’s standards as to what a “bad boy” is, but in my mind, it’s definitely Dean > Neal. Neal’s a white-collar criminal that steals artwork but would never kill anyone, Dean perceives his duty to be killing anything that he thinks is a monster. (And yeah, I know this is an online poll so it’s all comes down to popularity, looks, larger fan bases, etc.)

Comment by ... – July 29, 2012 11:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your own description points to Neal being more of a bad boy. Based on your description, Dean does what he thinks is morally right (i.e. killing monsters), Neal does what he knows is morally wrong (i.e. cons, thefts, etc).

Comment by jj – July 30, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to see that Neal won! I love both characters and no White Collar fans “cheated” so can everyone just be quiet about it already. It’s a fan poll. Jeff Eastin tweeted, which was RTed by Willie Garson, to get the fans to vote for Neal. There was no cheating involved. More fans found out about this poll and voted due to the tweets/RTs – FAIR AND SQUARE.

Comment by Michele – July 29, 2012 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah but that may have happen over the 48hr mark so I can understand why some of dean fans is pissed.
      That being said it’s bitter sweet for our boy.

Comment by Lucy – July 29, 2012 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im so unhappy…jensen had to win this poll.This is disgusting!!! :’(

Comment by Binita Thapa – July 29, 2012 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is no competition against Neal…he is the best..

Comment by shruti – July 29, 2012 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Confession:

I am a long time Dean fan. I always voted for him in every poll. But this time I voted for Neal, because Dean hasn’t been the same since the end of season six. After the way he treated Castiel in season 7 he lost me as a fan.

Conversly I got into White Collar a couple of months ago and Neal Caffery is now my favorite guy. He’s charming, honest, sweet and he doesn’t mistreat his friends so my vote went to him.

Sorry Dean, gotta stop being a douchebag next season and maybe I’ll start voting for you again.

Comment by Eralerui – July 29, 2012 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If somebody broke the wall to unleashing 100 years of hell in my brothers head I would be pissed.
      So I would say Dean actions was just. What was he suppose to take Cas out to dinner in a movie?

Comment by Josh – July 30, 2012 12:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This from a guy who tortured souls in hell, and whose brother was a soulless killing machine. Sure they should cast stones. And I’d say they had it coming, the way they were so wrapped around each other that didn’t care to help a friend in need and just kept working him like a dog and treating him like a sidekick. I actually liked it when Castiel stopped taking their sh*t and stood up for himself. If only he had continued doing that and not reverted back to sniveling after Dean.

Also I didn’t vote against Dean. I voted for the guy who was Bad without being a jerk, who coned the FBI but was willing to risk his freedom to aid his friends. Nothing fickle about that.

Comment by Eralerui – July 30, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Say’s the person who open the panic room to get the plan going for Sam to open up the gate.
          Bottom line is this no one is innocent Sam, Dean and especially Castiel. Dean begged him to listen to him in season 6, he also told him YOU ARE LIKE A BROTHER TO ME. Dean never let people in if it’s not Sam. Now from reading the reports all three characters suppose to have a piece of mind this year. So all the the Sam, Dean and Castiel bashing can take a back burner for a bit. I find faults in all three but that what makes me appreciate the characters more make it realistic.

So if I was use I would try in understand in be open into why a character has respond this way instead of just calling names.

Comment by Josh – July 30, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • One thing I do blame is the new writers for making the hunters to depended on Castiel. The Writing for all 3 has been OOC at times,but hopefully this can be corrected.

Comment by Josh – July 30, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FICKLE CAS FAN!!!! Typical!

Comment by Nic J A Winchester – July 30, 2012 02:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • voting matt bomer or neal caffery

Comment by Shayan Ahmed – July 30, 2012 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well in this case, the best man DIDN’T win!!!! WTF is with this poll??

Comment by Nic J A Winchester – July 30, 2012 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know who Neal is and I love Jensen!!!! He is on my fav show ever!! Supernatural :D

Comment by amy – July 30, 2012 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • myb apocalypse is on its way……hw can dean loose to neal??????????

Comment by purva_padackleholic – July 30, 2012 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No! Dean is won! This is modern society has chosen the character in the image and likeness of his! Fraud rules the world! Shame!

Comment by Elena – July 30, 2012 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jensen was ahead by 9 points & 2 hours later he was behind by 7, total 16 points of difference just right before the finale, how is that possible? & you try to convince us that you gather & vote (for the other guy) managing to make him win the last moment when you did’nt manage to do it in 2 days when jensen was always ahead? who do you kidding? plus somebody mention that the voting went further along then it’s actual duration, if that’s true it means that the result was revolve just in that space of time, that’s cheating pure & simple

Comment by cassie – July 30, 2012 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • neal caffery is the best, dean winchester sucks!!!!!!.
    matt bomber

Comment by relios – July 30, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean was definitely winning the last time i checked. Infact the scores were almost exactly the same, except reversed! If Neil managed to get his votes in the last few hours it doesn’t matter, that means word got around, fans rallied and voted for him. But if those last few hours were after the poll should have closed, then that’s totally unfair!

Comment by Spellfall90 – July 30, 2012 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. I’m sure Neal got his votes after the poll should have closed. It would be totally wrong if they claim Neal the winner.

Comment by spnfan – July 30, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEAN!!!!!!!!!!<3 Please pick him PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He deserves ittttttt :3 im begging Youuu,you wont regret ittttt!!!!!!

Comment by LexiBelle – July 30, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the Matt fans used bots to vote then you know it’s not a legitimate win… so I hereby declare DEAN WINCHESTER THE WINNER!!! :D

Comment by Nic J A Winchester – July 30, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since the poll was still open (regardless of whether or not it was supposed to be) then the votes should stand. This isn’t like someone sneaking in afterward to change the results. It”s just taking legitimate advantage of a situation… something Neal Caffrey is pretty good at. And this is less a “con” than anything he’s done on White Collar.

Comment by Kim – July 30, 2012 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, my GOD. Shut up about the cheating bots, and the 48 hours, and the claims of mathematical calculations that you have no basis for, and go vote on some other bad boy supernatural crimefighter poll that Dean will undoubtedly turn up on next. It’s not the end of the world. Supernatural is still on the air. Really, what more could you ask for?

Comment by Tessa – July 30, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That the poll close on time.lol

Comment by Micheala – July 30, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they are both in tha same level since they are both participating in different events

Comment by Benson Kigara – August 1, 2012 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how the hell did Neal win? you guys are so dumb

Comment by Lily – August 1, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m heartbroken that Dean lost. Even though he’s been very poorly written for the past two years, he’ll always be the bad boy who stole my heart. This poll just won’t be the same without him.

Comment by Melanie L. Monk – August 1, 2012 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn you Leviathans!

Comment by Pablo – August 2, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s not even a competition. Matt Bomer is beautiful in everything he is and does.

Comment by KD (@LoveIsLouder85) – August 3, 2012 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean vs. Neal .Neal Is my choice .Neal is my Bad Boy choice!
    Neal Caffery/Matt Bomer Win It My Bad Boy.I’m a true Fan-Neal.

Comment by sandra k. Hollar – August 5, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean would knock Neal on his high brow sugary sweet candy a**- the ultimate badboy and he doesn’t discriminate; seriously he cusses at angels, demons and everything in between …. Nuff said!

Comment by @Tutups_ – August 9, 2012 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post