Supernatural's Dean Winchester Vs. White Collar's Neal Caffrey: Bad Boy Quarterfinals Continue!

The matchups just keep getting tougher as we reach Day 2 of the TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament Quarterfinals.

Yes indeed, brace yourselves for a brutal battle between Supernatural‘s Dean Winchester and White Collar‘s Neal Caffrey!

Every day for the next week, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against.

And if you’re interested in the match-ups that have already finished, and those we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

1. Liv says:

Okay, PUH-LEEZE don’t make me puke. Dean is ONLY winning by 7%? To quote him: “What the hell? Seriously, what the hell??” If that hair-jelled pansy gets this round I will have lost all faith in humanity. Let’s see you vote for Neal when you’ve got a vampire on your asses! Dean all the way.

• Emily says:

“If that hair-jelled pansy gets this round I will have lost all faith in humanity”

This comment has already made me lose hope in humanity. Ignorance known no boundaries.

• jude says:

Gee, Em! Maybe Neal could ‘con’ that vampire Liv mentioned into sucking on you instead of him! Dean on the other hand would toss HIMSELF at the vamp to save you!!
        DEAN FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. anybody remember Dean with Anna in the backseat of Metallicar ?!? Now there is a real lover !! Yum!

• AnnClau says:

Being a vampire doesn’t automatically makes you a better bad boy. You need better arguments.

• Whit says:

You sound like white trash and BTW Matt is a black belt in real life so J would be begging him for help.

2. jena says:

I don’t consider Neal caffrey as a “bad boy.” he’ a thief, yes, but he doesn’t get his hands dirty. To me, a bad boy is someone who’s likely to find himself in a brawl, and is more likely to still be standing when the smoke clears.

3. MikeyM says:

All of the above.

4. TJCrinc says:

sorry bryce, looks like you lose again.

5. Marisa_once says:

It’s so unfair to make us choose between Neal and Dean!

6. Keren says:

I was hoping that Neal and Barney would win so that the next round would be a “battle of the suits”

7. SR Gibson says:

Neal is a very pretty face but Dean can get the message across with just his eyes. Lets face it Dean is badass and beautiful and can’t be denied.

8. Kay says:

Dean all the way!!! Neal may be nice eye candy but that’s about it.

9. Binita Thapa says:

jensen you are always my favourite..<3 you soooo much

10. Ali says:

Whyyyyyy between Neal and Dean? I love both of them.
    However, I have to go with Dean on this one.

11. Isabelle says:

Damn it this is mean, these are my top guys of all time, I’ve been crushing on Jensen since 1999 and Matt is the ultimate yummy. Ok voting for bad boy, Neal is a con but Dean is just bad ass. I dont know! Ugh I have to go with Dean, when in doubt Winchester all the way.

12. Kelsey says:

I guess Matt will just be satisfied having the bigger career and being just plain hotter. Love me some Jensen but no one like the Bomer

13. YES… come on Dean, you can do it! You’re wonderful, my hero!!!

14. Raha says:

Yeah Dean Winchester go ahead…
    I walk these streets, a loaded six string on my back
    I play for keeps, ’cause I might not make it back
    I been everywhere, and I’m standing tall
    I’ve seen a million faces an I’ve rocked them all

I’m a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
    I’m wanted dead or alive
    I’m a cowboy, I got the night on my side
    I’m wanted dead or alive
    And I ride, dead or alive
    I still drive, dead or alive
    Dead or alive [x4]
    Yeah That’s just Dean. A winchester boy… <3

15. Sunset says:

Dean-o!!!!! This boy is just…I don’t know. He can piss you off, make you smile like an idiot and have you bawling like a baby…all in one episode. Jensen is one gifted motherf*cker!!!

16. Ashley says:

Dean is by far the sexiest bad boy! If Dean was a real person he would be my type to a T. Go Dean!!

17. Linnt says:

this is so hard, my two favourite tv character going against each other in the queaterfinal.
    ljfsadlfjslkfs. i’m sorry Neal, me and Dean goes way back so my attachment and love for him goes a little deeper as well.

18. ellie says:

Dean is amazing! Dean Winchester all the way baby!

19. Daisy says:

If this was between Dean or Souless Sam, I might have a wee bit of trouble with it. As it is, Dean, baby…all the way <3 You just can't beat a Winchester at his own game.

20. AnnClau says:

It’s sad that awesome characters like Eliot from Leverage and Neal Caffrey that are on cable shows and could exist in real life get beaten by characters that get a lot of vote just because 1 they’re on CW and 2 do impossible stuff to fight supernatural evil beings.

• Parakeet says:

Does anybody know how different the viewership is between the CW and cable networks such as USA or TNT? My hunch is that they’re probably not too far off each other, but I honestly have no idea. I mean we’re talking the CW (which I don’t think even airs in all markets), not NBC or Fox, and most people have basic cable, right? It’s not like we’re comparing a show on a major, anybody-with-a-TV-gets-it network with HBO, which truly reaches significantly fewer households. Anyway, I obviously don’t have the actual numbers on this; I’m just curious, since I keep hearing this argument.
      As for the other point, why is it better if the characters could actually “exist in real life”? They should feel like they could, if our world and the fantasy world coincided; by which I mean that just because a character can fly or work magic doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t feel like a true, three-dimensional part of their fantasy world. And all of fiction consists of fantasy worlds, even — believe it or not — the ones depicted on White Collar and Leverage (I enjoy both, by the way). To paraphrase Joss Whedon, it’s the emotional reality that matters.
      This is a very long-winded post that few will probably even read, this late in the match-up, so I’ll conclude with — Dean all the way, woo hoo!

• jude says:

Well, little birdie, I read it !
        And thought you stated your case quite well. I guess many people feel that we should all be glued to cop or coroner’s office procedural shows since they make up 60-75% of what the big networks offer. Me?? I’m into more of an escapism form of TV ……….CW, TNT, USA offer me more of what I enjoy. Supernatural is one of the tightest shows around. A complete package for people like me! Great, believable acting,…….strong, well-defined and developed characters………great story lines that, although each show presents one more piece of the big puzzle, are truly one hour long mini-movies! I get enough AnnClau’s ‘REAL LIFE ‘ in my real life!
        Oh ……and by the way……I’m no teeny-bopper fan-freak….. I have children and grandchildren(the oldest is 19!) I just know what I like and Dean is MY favorite bad ass,bad-boy!!!

21. Donna-Marie Wade says:

My loyalty stay’s with Supernatural…. No contest

22. Rachel says:

Dean is winning ! Yes ! I’m so so Glad. Keep voting for him. JENSEN ! :)

23. Desislava says:

Jensen the best!!!

24. Roberta says:

Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean Dean

25. Carrie says:

Funny White Collar has much higher ratings than Supe but I guess more mature fan base that doesn’t spend days voting on meaningless polls

• jude says:

Then why is your so-superior butt wasting your precious time here???!!!

• Amanda says:

Carrie – How presumptuous and arrogant of you, considering yourself to be more mature than those voting for Dean. I would actually beg to differ than a lot of supernatural fans are White Collar fans, and their fan bases probably overlap quite a bit. This isn’t about which show you think is better or which one has more ratings.

It couldn’t be possible that there are intelligent, mature people that just see Dean as more of a bad boy than Neil? Considering that Neil is nothing more than a former thief and forger, and spends the majority of his time on White Collar NOT doing anything bad boy-ish – it’s really not that surprising.

Dean carries a sawed off shotgun. He’s got a mouth like a sailer, gives and takes beatings regularly, is good with (and has many) ladies, drives an awesome guys guy car (and actually knows how to fix it himself) and wears a leather jacket. If those (and those are only a few) reasons dont sound more like a bad boy than a suit wearing, ankle-monitor-cant-leave-the-area- wearing former con who now works in the white collar division of the FBI in order to avoid jail time… well. Then maybe you just don’t understand the appeal of a “Bad Boy” at all.

• Yeah, very mature fans… who use bots!??

26. perfume2010 says:

Dean!

27. E says:

Those are my all time two favorite characters… I love them both equally so I’ll just vote for both!

28. that’s hard lol ……….. but i’ll pick neal

29. Erynn says:

I can’t choose. I won’t.

30. AWREWDFS says:

I love Neal, but Dean’s got him beat by miles <3

31. Paleonut says:

Ok, so Dean’s loosing votes ridiculously fast…. falling .35% per minute…. that doesn’t seem likely without some sort of bot voting… Please tell me you have some way to spot bots/cheating and compensate for it! It isn’t fair to either competitor to have one person ruin the competition!

32. spnfan says:

Something is seriously wrong here. Dean’s percentage just dropped 5% in less than 5 minutes. It looks likes that cheating might involved. Not cool.

33. KrispySquare says:

Neal Caffrey against Dean Winchester…Is this a trick question?

34. sariah mai says:

If neal wins we still know who has the better show . supernatural. GO DEAN GOOO!!

35. Steve Carlos says:

ofc is Dean,
    I mean he did humped an angel, not even Sam in his best soulless days can beat that,

36. Lori R says:

It looks like somebody has figured out they can refresh their browser and keep voting for Neal. C’mon, let the chips land where they may!!

37. Elle says:

I don’t care if Dean loses, as long as it’s a fair fight.

38. Amanda says:

This is rigged I think. I just went to re-vote by refreshing (just to see if it worked) i tried it twice and both times Deans percentage went DOWN. Then i tried refreshing and voting for Matt. His percentage went up. This poll is messed up for sure

39. paige says:

somebody is cheating dean is loosing points how is this possible

40. Jady says:

Dean MUST win!!!!!! He’s the best bad boy ever!!!!!!

41. Fatima says:

Matt Bomer, ALL THE WAY!

42. Pauley says:

Oh come on. The same happened with Neal earlier on and nobody complained.

43. sofia says:

fuuu i can’t decide…Caffrey is so lovely!

44. sarah jane smith says:

so not nice making me choose between neil and dean

45. Dan says:

The ones who think Neil’s a bigger bad boy haven’t seen Supernatural…I mean Neil’s a saint compared to Dean. I like both characters, but Dean is more bad.

46. Jack Bauer says:

Neal is only winning because this was posted on the White Collar fan page, if it was posted on Supernatural’s one too then Jensen would have wayy more votes haha

47. Subz says:

Dean’s been to hell and back, if that doesn’t make him a bigger bad boy, I don’t know what does.

48. ellie says:

Oh my gosh. The only reason Neal is winning right now is because the White Collar fan page on Facebook posted the link telling all the ‘Collars’ to vote for him. Supernatural should post so it’ll be an even match again!