Supernatural's Dean Winchester Vs. White Collar's Neal Caffrey: Bad Boy Quarterfinals Continue!

The matchups just keep getting tougher as we reach Day 2 of the TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament Quarterfinals.

Yes indeed, brace yourselves for a brutal battle between Supernatural‘s Dean Winchester and White Collar‘s Neal Caffrey!

Every day for the next week, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Quarterfinal voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against.

And if you’re interested in the match-ups that have already finished, and those we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV. Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (270)

• Whoa, Neal is winning over Dean? What is this world coming to?

Comment by Ruby – July 27, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s coming to nothing. Neal should win this round hands down.

Comment by Elyse – July 27, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m scared. Neal’s only winning 51.35 Vs 48.65. Not enought.
        Will vote hitting refresh botton.

Comment by Olivia – July 27, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m a huge Neal Caffrey/Matt Bomer fan, but I think Dean/Jensen deserves to win.

Comment by Mikaylah – July 27, 2012 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh no, it looks like Dean is going to take it. I was hoping that Neal would win, but I think that Dean would have a better chance against Damon (or possibly Spike/Sawyer)

Comment by Keren – July 27, 2012 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I want Neal to win too, but Dean’s in the lead, and I agree with you, one must admit Dean has a better chance against Barney/Chuck… Supernatural has a much larger fanbase than White Collar :x Nvm, hopefully one day White Collar’s fan base will be equally impressive! :D xx

Comment by AngelTwilly – July 28, 2012 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Odd since White Collar ratings are so much higher

Comment by Petei – July 29, 2012 02:50 PM PDT
          • So exciting! Neal is having a comeback!!

Comment by Keren – July 29, 2012 03:11 PM PDT
      • obviously you dont know what supernatural is.

Comment by Shane – July 28, 2012 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • :P Ya lose succkkkaaa

Comment by Paul – July 29, 2012 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lolz. Okay. You’ve obviously never seen Supernatural. I like Neal Caffrey, but Dean Winchester should’ve won this one.

Comment by annabelle – July 30, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG… Dean is a vampire slayin’ mean mo’ fo… Neil needs to go back to his stripping side gig since he clearly isn’t that good a theif… I mean DEAN WAS MICHAEL’S VESSEL?!? WHO IS MORE BADD@$$ THAN THAT?

Comment by NikkiCole – July 27, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please. As he SHOULD be.

Comment by Emily – July 28, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A better world

Comment by Paul – July 29, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its coming to how it should be. Matt beautiful Bomer winning!!!

Comment by Holly Coller – July 29, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i know right!

Comment by angel – July 29, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i hope dean wins!!

Comment by angel – July 29, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WTH?? IKR!! WHY ISN’T DEAN WINNING???! (:/ weirrrd… C’mon ppl, VOTE FOR DEAN!!!!! :)

Comment by Lisa – July 29, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah bs. Dean should have won hands down. Neal isnt a bad boy. Hes a crook. Dean is a bad ass hunter. How does a blue color crook beat that.

Comment by Meg – July 29, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • impossible decision!they both rock and are just beautiful!!

Comment by DublinKelso – July 27, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!!! This an impossible choice!!!

Comment by Kali0614 – July 27, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I knew I’d end up having to choose eventually but it’s impossible! Why does it have to come down to this??

Comment by Robyn Pennington – July 27, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • IKR!!!!!!! :((( Dilemma much! :(

Comment by AngelTwilly – July 28, 2012 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Eric Northman and Logan Echolls out of the running, my heart’s just not in it anymore. Spike better win it all.

Comment by GDV – July 27, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This exactly.

Comment by LR – July 27, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Logan’s defeat has left me heartbroken.

Comment by Belle – July 27, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope. The VD loons run this asylum.

Comment by Keenan – July 27, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you think that Spike could beat Dean or Damon?

Comment by Keren – July 27, 2012 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go NEAL!!!!!

Comment by Kvivik – July 27, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought for sure these would be the two in the finals together. Which ever one wins this race should win it all.

Comment by GD – July 27, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My husband (!) said it all the first time we watched White Collar: “Prettiest. Man. Ever.”

Comment by Neal FTW – July 27, 2012 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A.K.A Gay

Comment by L – July 27, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • does it matter if he is??

Comment by CK – July 27, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Only to his wife. Definitely doesn’t affect the rest of us.

Comment by Hmmmm – July 27, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m pretty sure his (male) partner is okay with it.

Comment by Ace – July 27, 2012 10:56 PM PDT
      • I get the feeling you think that’s clever. You lost me there.

Comment by Emily – July 27, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Their way of expressing the idiom, “All The good looking men are either taken or gay.” ☺

Comment by PPPG – July 28, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How ridiculous and sexist is that! So, for you, if a woman say that another woman is beauty, she is lesbian!?

I’m straight, and i think Matt Bomer is the handsome guy ever! For me, he is moore pretty than Brad Pitty, in fact! Problem?

Comment by Castiel – July 27, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Personally I’d say that title goes to Jensen Ackles… but whatever floats your boat!

Comment by Nic J A Winchester – July 28, 2012 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is impossible.

Comment by Miriam – July 27, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Matt Bomer as Neal Caffrey, but Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester is my favorite.

Comment by Mikaylah – July 27, 2012 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just looked at the full bracket… If Damon Salvatore wins the tournament, I am done voting in these things. Lol.

Comment by Mikaylah – July 27, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just vote for fun now and then, but I have to agree that a Damon win will seem a bit too forced by the way the brackets were set up. Besides, does a character count as a bad boy if he was only a bad boy for part of a season two years ago? Just curious.

Comment by Hmmmm – July 29, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was really a hard choice but I have been a fan of Jensen for years. Had to go with Dean.

Comment by Kara – July 27, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Matt Bomer a lot more as Bryce Larkin.

Comment by TigerNightmare – July 27, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And as a rogue CIA agent he was a bit more of bad boy. Peter has tamed Neil, not that I still don’t absolutely love that show.

Comment by Melody Paris – July 27, 2012 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was hard but I ended up going with Dean. He’s been to hell and back and even survived the apocalypse. Neal lost in my book because he’s a) high class and b) he’s reformed. Dean is just a long suffering man who, to my surprise, still has a soul – barely.

Comment by Robyn Pennington – July 27, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You said it! I love both of these boys but my loyalty is with Dean hands down! I will be shocked if fandom doesn’t rally and send Dean over the top.

Comment by Shannon – July 29, 2012 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg! How do u choose between these two!!!!! I don’t want to! Don’t make do it!!!! Lol

Comment by Jared – July 27, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You really want me to choose between these two lovely, talented, TEXAN boys? Nope, can’t do it. I’ll have to vote for one from my work PC and one from my Mac at home!

Comment by Ace – July 27, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is an impossible woman-heavy poll.

Comment by John – July 27, 2012 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooo!!!!! Neal vs Dean?!?!

Comment by V – July 27, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal Caffery. Complex and nice to look at!

Comment by Susie – July 27, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A date with Dean – sitting in a dive bar watching him brood and drink, followed by really good sex. A date with Neal – wined and dined in style, followed by really good sex. I’ll take Neil.

Comment by Laura – July 27, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s easy to be wined and dined, any sleaze looking to get a girl into bed can do that(not saying Neal is a sleaze, he clearly isn’t, just sayin’ winin’ and dinin’ is easy), with Dean, if you manage to live through the date without being kidnapped or killed by a monster, it’s going to be something unique that you’ll never forget. LOL Plus really good sex. :D

Comment by Ema – July 27, 2012 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you just answered your own question… a good date does not equal “bad boy” it equals nice guy. a bad boy will pick you up in a dive bar, take you home in a bad ass car or motorcycle, f*** your brains out three ways from sunday then never call you again.

Comment by Hyde – July 28, 2012 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • A bad boy doesn’t even have to take you home. He’ll just do you in the back seat of his bad ass car with some led zeppelin playing in the background and then be done with it. And I think the only man I would ever be fine with doing this to me…is Dean Winchester. Which is why I voted for him. :D

Comment by alyssa – July 28, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • you and me both Alyssa… sigh… daydreaming now.

Comment by Hyde – July 29, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brutal is right. I’m sure setting these match-ups was tough, but it seems like some of them get cake-walks, while others like this one, are almost impossible to pick between. Two completely different men and each terrific in his own way.

Comment by Bella – July 27, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO I can’t choose. They should both be in the finals.

Comment by Brittney – July 27, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt is hot and good as Neil, BUT he isn’t Dean, played by the extremely handsome Jensen.

Comment by Dean Girl – July 27, 2012 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe I have to make this choice. These two would be my final two!

Comment by Mike – July 27, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COME ON DEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Andie – July 27, 2012 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal. Neal, Neal, Neal, Neal, Neal. Did I mention Neal? Love him! He definitely deserves to take this round!

Comment by Ashley – July 27, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both are awesome, but they’re different kinds of “bad boys.” Neal is literally a conman, whereas Dean is badass. Hard choice, but Neal wins for me. The charm and class complement his cunning side.

Comment by Ryan – July 27, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dean is also a consummate con man, though. How many times has he passed himself off as law enforcement or what have you?

Comment by Cass – July 28, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not to mention all the credit card fraud…

Comment by alyssa – July 28, 2012 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a HUGE Supernatural fan, I have to say that Dean is not a bad boy. He’s the ultimate good boy with an edge. He’s totally selfless and saved the world and put himself to hell and back for the greater good. No bad there, just a little cheeky with woman ;)

Comment by BriticanNugget – July 27, 2012 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I agree that he almost always has good intentions, you can’t deny that he’s made morally/ethically questionable choices. Torturing/killing demons while in their innocent human hosts, selling his soul, becoming a torturer in hell, killing Amy this past season, etc. To me that makes him more of a bad boy than Neal really. I mean yeah Neal steals things. But he steals things from very rich people who can afford to lose them and he’s never killed or tortured anybody.

Comment by Kate – July 27, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So your definition of a bad boy is… Jack Bauer?

Comment by Emily – July 27, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I didn’t watch 24, so I don’t know much about that character. But yes, I do consider someone who has actually killed/tortured people/sentient beings as more of a “bad boy” than a pretty conman/thief. How is that odd?

Comment by Kate – July 27, 2012 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is harder than Dean vs. Mal!

Comment by April – July 27, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal is my bad boy! ;)

Comment by Jessica – July 27, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NEAL ALL THE WAY!!! Beyond awesome character and actor! And plus Matt is just the nicest Guy! I met him 3 times!

Comment by bfeld – July 27, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one is better at being bad and making it look good than Neal Caffrey!

Comment by CJ – July 27, 2012 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! If I lose Neal Caffrey AND Cole Turner in the same round I’ll be lost. Tap me out. That was my final.

Comment by Deena – July 27, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I mean same week. Cole already lost which is just ridiculous.

Comment by Deena – July 27, 2012 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love them both, but I went with Dean because he’s way more of a bad boy (and a badass) imo. I mean as far as we know, Neal has never actually killed anybody/anything.

Comment by Kate – July 27, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tough choice here! Love them both, but Dean kicks ass while Neal is smooth.. Dean for me!!

Comment by Jill – July 27, 2012 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEAN, DEAN, DEAN, should WIN, WIN, WIN!!!!!

Comment by Lili Carmona – July 27, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Close call but Dean is the winner. Hope Dean pulls through the poll. Bye the way Tom Welling is better looking than Matt Bomer. Just wish he was acting right now.

Comment by Matt Anthony – July 27, 2012 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean vs Neal, huh? DEAN! DEAN! DEAN!!!!

Comment by deborah – July 27, 2012 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s the deal moderator?????? I voted like 10 times and I got blocked for a cooling off period.

Comment by W – July 27, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe you can only vote 1 time, and that’s good. That’ll keep people like you from voting dozens of times for your favorite character.

Comment by AJ – July 27, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hmm I’m not so sure. I just voted about 12 times in a row to kick Dean ahead of Neal. Unless everyone else righ now is voting for Dean too, I think that was me. I’m on an iPad, does that make a diff?

Comment by Temis – July 27, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I was voting for Dean trying to get him ahead of Neal. The poll won’t even let me view the results citing suspicious activity. WTF?

Comment by W – July 27, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m super confused. How does being a more rabid voting fanbase prove anything? It just invalidates the results.

Comment by Emily – July 27, 2012 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Exactly. But the rabids are also voting based on who they think is the dreamiest, so any result is suspect at best.

Comment by tripoli – July 27, 2012 04:57 PM PDT
          • It shows how wonderful the person or show they are voting for must be… for it’s fans to be SO ‘rabid’ about them that they will put in all this effort.

Comment by Nic J A Winchester – July 28, 2012 12:20 PM PDT
          • Then SPN fans complaining that cheating must be involved for Matt Bomer to pull ahead is the definition of hypocrisy. WC fans are just “putting in the effort,” after all…

Comment by Emily – July 29, 2012 03:21 PM PDT
      • I just tried to vote again to see if it can be done and I am not allowed to as “my vote has already been counted.” perhaps, people are just trying to start fan wars?

Comment by Hmmmm – July 27, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No one has been voting ten times in a row, it sounds like someone just didn’t notice the message that comes up after you’ve voted once saying that you’re vote has already been counted and then after ten times suddenly did. Or someone is lying trying to start a fan war. But at no point have I or anyone I know been able to vote more than once by simply voting again.

Comment by Ema – July 27, 2012 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why don’t we just let them fight it out?

Comment by Tricia – July 27, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are both Texas boys of around the same age and Ackles only has an inch or two on Bomer in height, it would probably be a pretty fair fight. Whose up for a Jensen Ackles/Matt Bomer Cage Match?!!!?!! LOL

Comment by Ema – July 27, 2012 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Only if we can have it in jell-o!

Comment by Hyde – July 28, 2012 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes. This. A cage match in Jello. We should start a campaign. :)

Comment by Rowena DeVandal – July 28, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • where is this petition?!?!? I’d pay a months salary to see it in person.

Comment by Hyde – July 29, 2012 03:20 PM PDT
      • Actually Matt is almost 6 ft just like Jensen. Jensen has maybe 1/4 inch over Matt because Matt is 5 ft 11.25 inches. And that .25 is just more hotness to love. Both men are hot but I think Matt is a bit higher on the rictar scale for sophistication, class & overall aesthetic beauty. He is the next George Clooney, watch him soar. Good match up though, they both should win!

Comment by Patsy – July 29, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on voters, there is no comparison between Dean and Neal. Vote Dean Winchester. BTW – What about Daddy John Winchester? I love me some Daddy Winchester.

Comment by W – July 27, 2012 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean is more of a bad boy then Neal. Sorry..

Comment by shiran – July 27, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both – but I think Neal is a TINY bit more of a bad boy.

Comment by Michele – July 27, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I do Like Matt, I LOVE Jensen!

Comment by mickey22 – July 27, 2012 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was a hard decision but in the end I had to go with my Deany!!!!

Comment by Roxy Pitt – July 27, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was a hard decision but in the end I had to go with my Deany!!!!

Comment by Roxy Pitt – July 27, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this vote was heartbreaking i am sorry matt no matter how much i love you jensen was my first!!*deangirl since 2005*

Comment by Cristina Dinca – July 27, 2012 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • of course dean winchester cause he’s my bad boy

Comment by cherin – July 27, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neal hands down!!!!

Comment by samrenee2010 – July 27, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite eye candy vs my television crush. Michael, you are too cruel. Matt’s better looking, but I gotta give Jensen the edge.

Comment by Samantha – July 27, 2012 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean could murder Neal 18 times before he finished putting on his fedora. Get ‘em, Winchester! (Jensen Ackles can also act circles around Matt Bomer.)

Comment by Kira – July 27, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL – that’s why Matt has just finished two movies with top Directors and will begin filming two more in September while J will be stuck on the CW!

Comment by Petei – July 29, 2012 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • that doesn’t mean he can act, I mean, did you see Bomer on Glee? That was a trainwreck. It was like he was parodying the whole time instead of being a character. There are some actors that are amazing on tv and some that are amazing on big screen. Bomer is mediocre at best at both. Jensen excels at tv but has made some questionable movie choices, but if you notice, it wasn’t his acting that killed the movies, but the writing or plot themselves that were barfy. I can’t get behind Bomer, he’s just a face to me. He should just model. (of course, this is all MY opinion)

Comment by Hyde – July 29, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOL kep telling yourself that

Comment by Gena – July 29, 2012 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who’re you all kidding? Dean’ll win this. he’s the biggest, baddest mofo ever!

Comment by kady (@kadysn) – July 27, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. not since S3. S4-S7 he’s all alcohol and cry…such an emo “boohoo!!! everyone betrays me”

Comment by Lida – August 4, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This one kills me, these are my two favorite guys on TV….but I have to give it to Dean I just think he’s more of a bad boy.

Comment by Melody Paris – July 27, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean. NEXT!

Comment by saxyroro (@saxyroro) – July 27, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL – Matty B, Next!