Ratings: Saving Hope and Rookie Blue Rise, CBS' 3 Opens With Tiny Numbers

ABC had a good night this Thursday, scoring a win in both total viewers and in the coveted 18-49 demo.

Opening the evening for the Alphabet network, Wipeout — with 6.74 million total viewers and a 2.2 demo rating — saw week-to-week gains of 29 percent. Capping ABC’s night, Rookie Blue (5.75 mil/1.5) rose 14 percent and a tenth.

Over on CBS, Big Brother (6 mil/2.2) was flat, while the new and horribly titled dating show 3 got just about that many viewers — or, more accurately, 2.4 million, while netting a 0.8 rating (aka CBS’ lowest-rated debut ever, dropping a full two-thirds of BB‘s numbers).

NBC’s Saving Hope (2.9 mil/0.6) , already renewed for Season 2 in Canada, hit a four-week demo high, and Fox’s Take Me Out finale was flat with 2.9 mil/1.2.

1. Mikaylah says:

So glad to hear Rookie Blue is doing well. I really enjoy the show, and appreciate having more options for summer TV.

• shelley says:

I love Rookie Blue and wish they would make it a regularly seasoned program and not just a summer show. I hate waiting on it for a whole year.

• Rookie Blue = LIFE. But it’s Canadian, and everything there is 13 episodes :( I know, it makes my heart ache having to wait a whole year for 13 episodes only. I wish it were Australian, so, we’d have 32 episodes all year round season :D

• Russ says:

I love Rokkie Blue and love that it is a summer show. Yeah it sucks that we have to wait. But there are so many factor to regularly seasoned show like day, time slot, competition that it could get lost in the shuffle and cancelled. The show is doing great in the summer, don’t try and change a good thing.

• Dude, it’s not a summer show, it’s a CANADIAN show. That’s how they do it there, their regular seasons are done in the summer (I think it’s not to compete with Americans). Even if people tried, it wouldn’t change :)

• sarah says:

Canadian shows also run on the same schedule as American shows, Lost Girl is Canadian and runs over the winter as an example. Though Canadian series are 13 or so episodes largely due to funding.

• Most of them, as far as I know, run in the summer so they don’t compete with the American shows… And so they’ll get airtime in American television… which is why Rookie Blue and Saving Hope are getting time in American television. (Is Lost Girl?)

• sarah says:

I should clarify, lots of Canadian shows in Canada run during the fall winter season. Two examples off the top of my head are Being Human and Lost Girl air on Space Station and Canada’s Showcase,respectively, during fall/winter season and both air in the States on SfyFy. The CBC (our version of BBC) run their season during the falland winter. I’m glad CTV renewed Saving Hope regardless of the American ratings, it is a great show.

• I honestly didn’t know, thank you for clarifying that to me. I misread it somewhere :)

Either way, I’m glad Americans keep their way out of Canadian shows, because it’s two completely different mindsets.

• I’m just emphasizing this, by the way, because American numbers kind of don’t count as much. It’s the Canadian numbers that count. Many shows stop airing in the US and go on for years in Canada and stuff. Rookie Blue is one of their highest rated dramas, so, there’s nothing to worry about. I *am* happy US people are hearing and talking about it, though! <3

(I am from Brazil, but it's always nice to have Matt and Ausiello in on the scoops!)

2. Scott says:

Hard to say Big Brother was flat..the numbers are actually very close to your announcement of ABC’s total

3. monkles says:

I really like Saving Hope, but I wonder if NBC will broadcast the 2nd season or if I will have to try to find it online somewhere.

• Pretty easy to find it online, though. I’m just SO GLAD American numbers don’t count for shows like Rookie Blue <3 and Saving Hope. They're… so… Canadian. I've JUST ventured into Canadian TV and AM. SO. IN. LOVE!

• LadyC says:

Might sound dumb but maybe we can start an online petition to NBC to pick up the next season of Saving Hope………I love it!

4. M3rc Nate says:

Sad about 3, because for once theres a actually up-lifting real dating show on TV. 3 intelligent gorgeous women that have real life stories, not just trying to get on TV, and a bunch of actual real guys. If Love in the Wild and 3 is the direction dating shows are going now, i am happy. Kill off the fake/over dramatized/ un-realistic/ bad results shows like Bachelor. 20+ seasons and only 2 successful couples? WOW. They dont give a S*** though cause they arent in it for the success of the relationships, just the success of the ratings.

5. Mckenzie says:

Love that rookie blue is doing so well. Great show!

6. Britta Unfiltered says:

Saw nothing last night but Louie, Wilfred, and Burn Notice. Burn Notice was probably the best episode this season, which was good, because I had not been a fan of this season so far. Wilfred was much improved this season as well. Louie was pretty awesome, as usual. I love Parker Posey, and they took an interesting arty approach to last night’s episode. I felt like I was watching a French film. I love how the characters on Louie are always so human and real. No one is ever a stereotype.

7. Patty says:

Matt, do you know when Saving Hope is coming back? Right after the Olympics are over or was last night considered a finale (like a mid-season finale)?

• Tish says:

we have been waiting for someone to pick up Saving Hope. With NO PROMOTIONS it was a great show. They did not even advertise they changed nights it was airing and then said it had no ratings. WE COULDN’T FIND IT. Some other channel should pick it up and promote it !

8. Damonandelenaforever says:

I hear someone will die on next weeks rookie blue :( one of the characters (male characters) it won’t be Sam dov or chris and I heard it will have traci thinking about her career.

• What I heard was someone was going to be “face-to-face” with death, which doesn’t necessarily means they’d die. I hope they no one dies. I really like all of them, but if someone had to, I’d pick Dov out of them. He’s been annoying me these last few episodes after he shot that guy. He should so grow a pair like McNally. Or Jerry could be the goner, though I’d feel so bad for Nash.

On the good news front, Luke’s coming back…

9. Kenneth says:

I watch three for the opening premier though it seemed to start a little slow it got very good at the end I can’t wait till Sunday to see the new show I’m surprised so many viewers missed out on the show me and my wife will watch the entire episodes because were very excited about a new show is actually real.
    three give it a chance

10. Kerry says:

I love rookie blue and I’m do glad to find others who like it I’m in Scotland and I don’t know any one who has seen it .
    I don’t want any of The characters to die yet xx