What to Watch Thursday: Someone Is Burn'd Bad, 3 Is Company, Kathy Griffin Stand-Up and More

On TV this Thursday: Burn Notice spies a deadly mission, CBS has 3 ladies it would like you to meet and Kathy Griffin is back where she belongs. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features, linked within, here are nine programs to look out for tonight.

8 pm Code: 9 (Disney Channel) | Premiere: In this unscripted series, kids and their parents plan an elaborate prank on another family member – with the help of a Hollywood special effects and design team. Why “Code: 9?” It’s the signal that indicates the start of the practical joke.

8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | This Repeat to Revisit highlights Emmy nominee Mayim Bialik, as Amy Farrah Fowler resorts to a sad, sad harp solo after being left out of Bernadette’s wedding dress shopping trip.

RELATED | Fall TV: What’s On When? And Versus What?

9 pm Burn Notice (USA Network) | Michael gets a lead on Anson, while an MI-6 agent tries to put a snag in Fiona’s plans to be a free woman. But most importantly, someone will not survive this episode, which USA touts as a “can’t-miss game-changer.” Theories on who buys the farm? Hit comments! (Oh, and Lost’s William Mapother guest-stars.)

9 pm Saving Hope (NBC) | Who will decide Charlie’s fate? Alex, the current love of his hanging-in-the-balance life, or Dawn, his ex? (Such is the “ultimate challenge” series star Erica Durance warned us was coming.)

PREVIEW | Rookie Blue‘s Gail Goes Undercover as [Spoiler] Returns in a ‘Nail-Biting’ Two-Parter

PREVIEW | Awkward Video: Someone’s in Love! Plus, Will Jenna Fall for [Spoiler]’s Head Games?

10 pm 3 (CBS) | The premiere of this new relationship series introduces us to three single women of different ages and backgrounds who lean on each other as they search for a soulmate.

10 pm Rock Center With Brian Williams (NBC) | The news journal leads up to the Summer Olympics with several on-topic pieces, including a sneak preview of the opening ceremonies with ringmaster Danny Boyle and a sit-down with “Olympic Fanfare” composer John Williams.

10 pm Kathy Griffin: Seaman First Class (Bravo) | The ribald redhead skewers Cher, Anderson Cooper and the Westboro Baptist Church in her newest stand-up special.

10 pm Suits (USA Network) | Personal history forces Harvey and Mike to take an unorthodox case they normally wouldn’t, while Jessica runs into an unexpected roadblock while defending the firm against a lawsuit.

10 pm Wilfred (FX) | Ryan plans to introduce Amanda to Jenna, but Wilfred complicates things.

Comments (40)

• It’s gonna be someone lame like Pearce or something.

Comment by darcywilson – July 26, 2012 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Probably Michael’s brother.

Comment by Todd – July 26, 2012 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. They always seem to bring Nate back only to send him away again. I have a feeling this time they are planning to send him away for good. :-(

Comment by Sara – July 26, 2012 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Its Nate.

Comment by The WB Frog – July 26, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If that’s the case, I’m not all that torn up about it. Sure, he “turned his life around” but that character/actor was pretty annoying. I’d hate to see someone like Madi or Jesse or Sam go

Comment by Mína – July 26, 2012 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Please, not Nate! His character is so much fun, as a contrast to the other whiz bang spy experts. The scene where it was Jesse’s turn to ride with Nate, showing his whining adjustment was viewing gold, imho. It has been exciting to see him learn spy/action stuff. His character is a necessary balance, something like the squirrel in the Ice Age films.

Comment by prish – July 26, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I liked Nate, both the character and the actor. It was him. I am bummed out, about the whole thing. There was no need to make a “dark” mood in the show, with heavy consequences, etc., or whatever the creators of the show said. I hope they speed through this plotting, fast.

Comment by prish – July 26, 2012 11:00 PM PDT
      • I agree since Nate’s wife walked out on him.

Comment by Kathy – July 26, 2012 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s Nate. It was spoiled a while ago. As long as it’s not Sam, Fiona or Madeline I’m happy. I could do without Jesse.

Comment by J – July 26, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suits!!!!!

Comment by olivia – July 26, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nate, Nate, Nate!

Comment by Craig – July 26, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barry.

Comment by Khaatim Boyd – July 26, 2012 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pearce wouldn’t be a game changer. It would most likely be Nate. That is something that would test Michael and make chasing Anson more personal. Also the producers severed all Nate’s ties with his wife and child. He hasn’t had a big role this season but hes always been around.

Comment by Moviewizkid – July 26, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Jesse (Cody Bell)! Now that “The Game” is starting to focus more on his character’s relationship (and I think next season, he’s a series regular), I don’t see him having time to do both shows! Plus BN hasn’t really been using him effectively anymore, if Michael goes back deep in the agency, I don’t see much room for him.

Comment by Amanda – July 26, 2012 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would believe it was Jesse, except for the fact that they put him in the credits this year. I don’t think they would have done that if they were going to kill him off. I’m thinking it will be Nate, too.

Comment by Rebecca Kludy – July 26, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, though i wish it was Jesse. Had watched a few episodes of “The Game” its first season and seeing him pop up on Burn Notice never felt right…i cant separate him from his part on The Game. Its weird, but i just never felt he fit in the Burn Notice family. I wont miss Nate, but the affect that would have on Micheal and his mother would be HUGE so i could see how it would be a game changer.

Comment by M3rc Nate – July 26, 2012 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saving Hope for me and Dawn it’s not your business!! leave Alex alone to handle Charlie!!

Comment by TivaNCIS – July 26, 2012 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They said that the death is someone close to Madeline so it is probably Nate.

Comment by Marz – July 26, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To be fair, she has housed almost all of the main characters so any one could be considered close to Madeline. But seeing as how Nate contributes the least to our merry band of misfits, my vote’s for him.

Comment by Mína – July 26, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TBBT, Selling London and Suits.

Comment by Templar – July 26, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saving Hope: Since Dawn is Charlie’s Ex-wife, she shouldn’t have any say in his treatment. I would think a woman who was was moments away from marrying Charlie might have better standing when it comes to medical treatment decisions. Burn Notice: It has to be Nate. In a few interviews given last month, it was stated that the death will hurt Maddie terribly and drive Michael a little crazy for awhile. In addition, Pearce and Jessie (two other possible victims) are in an episode that’s scheduled to air in two weeks. And it can’t be Sam or Fiona, the show would lose too many fans.

Comment by Angel – July 26, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice
    Anger Management
    Wilfred

Comment by Velvet – July 26, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awkward?

Comment by Just Wondering – July 26, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well if you have been watching the show this year, it actually seems the likely candidate is Sam Ax. 2 espisodes ago it seemed he was leaving a goodbye message to his current sugar mama only to survive another day. There is a scene where Michael is running toward someone in a preview and I am betting that has nothing to do with the death. Someone close to Maddy aside from Nate is Sam, she considers him a best friend too. It will be a damn shame if Bruce Campbell is off this show but that is a game changer if I ever heard one.

Comment by Ben – July 26, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping it’s Jesse. I really hate him…

Comment by Spencer – July 26, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? Jesse is so cool and necessary for Michael.

Comment by Justin – July 26, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Jesse has no personality, no charisma, he’s just a flat character that took the dynamic away from the ‘team’ as it was.

Comment by bobbie – July 26, 2012 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • On the contrary, he has plenty of personality, charisma, and has necessary skills to help Michael. He is very much an asset to the “team” dynamic.

Comment by Justin – July 27, 2012 01:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for Suits. It’ll be interesting how they play out [spoiler alert] Donna being fired. I expect Harvey to be off his game a bit. Hopefully Jessica take notice and realizes no Donna is an awful idea.

Comment by Mikaylah – July 26, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo! Not Sam! I don’t want anyone to leave. Hey, this is USA, the light and bubbly station. I’m not even going to watch this episode.

Comment by prish – July 26, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice and Suits for me tonight. I think its gonna be Nate, not that I want Michael to lose anybody, but if we’re talking a significant death in Michael’s life, Sam and Jesse seem to be established as series regulars, Pearce is too knew to be considered as significant, so my guess is Nate, who I definitely like, but in Westen’s world this is quite regular unfortunately.

Comment by Justin – July 26, 2012 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Brother.

Comment by G – July 26, 2012 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Nate….I wish he were in more episodes. Doesn’t seem fair he’s the one who will probably die!!!

Comment by Kat – July 26, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • [Gasp]. Louie didn’t make the cut this week??

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 26, 2012 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s probably Nate which will be horrible. I think Nate is the little brother and makes Michael more human, much like Fiona does. And the fact that the little bits in each episode making Michael show how much he cares about his family makes it Nate. For example, when he broke that guy’s arm for hitting Maddie. And if you’ve been watching USA for the last two weeks when they do their mini BN marathons, 3 out of 4 have Nate in them. The best one with Nate was when he showed that there were things he can do better than Michael. It made him his own character and not the loser.

Comment by Mulekick74 – July 26, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saving Grace, Burn Notice, Suits

Comment by bobbie – July 26, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Bang, Project Runway, Kathy and Awkward.

Comment by Brigitte – July 26, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post