Love in the Wild Photo Recap: The Winner Is...

Love in the Wild wrapped its second season last night with a happy — if somewhat suspicious — ending, as well as a possible fertility ritual targeting its final two couples.

Yanina/Ken and Michelle/Ben (hey, I just realized our final two dudes have names that rhyme) embarked on a two-day challenge involving walkie-talkies, bicycle assembly, a long hike, and the retrieval of a pair of fertility statues via paddle boat. And while Ben/Michelle grabbed a short lead midway through the final leg, somehow Ken & Yanina pulled off a come-from-behind win, even though we never actually got to see how they made up the deficit. (Was Ben really stymied for a good five minutes trying to crack open the crate using a crowbar, or did Ken and Yanina close the gap on the water? Or did the show’s producers simply want the closest, longest-standing couple to pull off the victory? We’ll never truly know.)

Anyhow, Ken and Yanina won a trip around the world (and according to a post-show update, are still together); Ben and Michelle won the consolation prize of a happy relationship (they’re still together, too, according to NBC). Beyond that, the pertinent details are all captured in the timeless form of the screen grab. So click through the gallery below, then hit the comments and share your thoughts on Season 2 of Love in the Wild, and whether you’d care to tune in to a Season 3.

1. Jedy K says:

I think they edited (as other reality competition shows often do) to make it appear as if the final stretch towards the finish line was closer than it actually was.
    Although the narrating interviews didn’t mention it, it was clearly visible that by the time Ben/Michelle were approaching the beach in their double canoes, Ken/Yanina had already caught up to them; it seem that the time difference when they actually got off the canoes was less than 1 minute.
    Then they cut it so it seemed that opening the crates took both couples the same time, when I can tell you by experience that opening a crate with a crowbar is 5 times faster than opening by smashing the top with it, especially if you know how to do it, which it seems Ken did. I can also imagine that the increase in Ben’s frustration with the crate was due to the fact that Ken/Yanina were long gone, as evidenced by the time difference at the end.

• Justin says:

Yeah, it seemed as if the Ken/Yanina catching up to Ben/Michelle was evident by the ocean currents and how hard both teams seemed to be paddling. So i didn’t see any type of heavy video editing in that.
      Also, the opening of the crates was definitely plausible. Ben’s idea to open the crate by simply smashing the top with it not only loooked difficult, but is much more difficult than taking your time to simply fit the crowbar under the boards. Ken’s method was much easier and more systematic, hence the large lead at the end.
      I picked Ken/Yanina to win cause they seemed to have the most chemistry, plus they’ve been together since the beginning, a la Mike and Samantha. While I like Mike and Samantha more, Ken/Yanina have that same loveable vibe, and remind me of them a lot. I wish them the best of luck, as well as Ben/Michelle who definitely deserved to be there and have a good thing going for them too. This show is a nice guilty pleasure, so I’ll definitely be tuning in next season.

2. K2 says:

There was a long shot of both teams on the water and they seemed to be pretty close (the narration notwithstanding)

3. dennis says:

I may be missing something, but what’s wrong with picture #10?

4. LAR says:

I can’t see the photos!

5. James says:

I hate stupid Ken he thinks love has to be perfect with no cheating, and no fighting, news flash Ken the world will never be perfect as you want it to be. Personally i think Jesse should have beat the crap out of Ken but that’s just me.

6. wise guy says:

I think season 2 was way better than season 1. The characters seemed to more closely resemble normal everyday people (except for the fact that they were all models who could have held grizzly bears over their heads, they were so buff) Season 1, there seemed to be a lot of whiny girls with low morals. I would definitely watch a 3rd season, but I like less drama, and more suspense. And to the comment above, James, love does have to be perfect without cheating or fighting. That’s what makes it love.

7. Trish says:

Love in the Wild Season II has just finished here in the UK – my first time watching it & I loved every minute – would have preferred Ben & Michelle to win but pleased to hear they are still together. Would love another season.