Glee's Lea Michele Talks About Finn's 'Persistent' New Rival: 'Rachel Is One Lucky Girl!'

Glee‘s Finn, currently away at Army boot camp, may well be at risk of getting booted out of Rachel’s love life if he doesn’t march back into the picture, double time!

RELATED | Exclusive: Glee Adds More Sugar in Season 4

As previously reported, Fox’s musical comedy had added to the Season 4 mix South African-born Aussie Dean Geyer as Brody Weston, a heartthrob who will set his sights on Rachel, now a student at NYC’s NYADA.

“Rachel meets him at the school and they have a little moment and… it goes from there,” Geyer, who previously played Terra Nova security guard Mark Reynolds, tells TVLine.

Lea Michele tells me that while, in the scripts she has seen to date, things haven’t gotten hot ‘n’ heavy just yet between Rachel and school mate Brody, “He is definitely persistent!”

RELATED | Glee Exclusive: Season 4 Premiere Title Hints at Major Shift For [Spoiler]

Getting to delve into a complicated triangle — one in which the deck is quite stacked against Rachel’s almost-husband Finn, who is AWOL at boot camp — has Michele especially excited for the season ahead, which already will feature a split narrative that will toggle ‘tween Lima and the Big Apple.

“That always works on these shows, to bring the characters together, pull them apart,” Michele notes. She then adds with a big smile and in a sing-songy voice: “Rachel is one lucky girl, lemme tell you!”

While Michele touts Geyer as an “awesome” new scene partner, the Glee newbie — who (sorry, girls) will not be using his native accent as Brody — knows that he is stepping into a mine field when it comes to one passionate fan base.

“I’ve gotten a couple of tweets from Finn fans saying, ‘I hope you don’t come between Rachel and Finn,’ so I’m kind of stressing out,” he shares with a laugh. “There is obviously a massive fan base, so…. I don’t want to peeve any fans off. But you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.”

1. Mike says:

Do not want.

2. sia says:

“There is obviously a massive fan base” lol no

• Lara says:

there is, there is. You might not be one of them, but trust me when I tell you finchel fans are many! the majority is just not on tumblr or any other website talking about them..

• few says:

they have a vocal group. How large annoy one fandom is, is unknown. The media types sure seem to hear from them.

• Mel says:

Well, I’m surrounded by Finchel fans everywhere I go on the internet. And as for the voting, Finchel fans were so complacent in Season 2 and really didn’t have any interest spending time voting on online polls. Why would they? Their favorite couple had everything last year, they got the screentime, they got the storylines…well, Season 3 is different now, I bet some of them are going to mobilize. lol

• sg says:

Fox choose Cory and Lea for the Upfronts, Comic-Con and to give the major interviews to the Hollywood Reporter. They are also in the Fox own-brand photos. The network knows through tests who the GA want. Of course, others on the show have great fan bases too and their stories need to be covered. But we cannot have another season of this vitriolic hate campaign against the actors and the characters in ‘Finchel’. They are at the core of the show, and have been since the pilot. And from the showrunners decisions thus far, I think they will be standing up to the haters and telling the stories they want to tell.

• anna says:

I’m not crazy for them, but yes there is… they’re quite obsessed actually.

3. Ana says:

please do come between Rachel and Finn and send this terrible couple away from my screen.

• Lara says:

Rachel and Finn are the core couple of the show, they will have obstacles, they will throw in some drama (well it’s a tv show), but like every other main couple on tv they are meant to end up together at the end..it’s gonna be interesting to see how they develop this storyline. Obviously a third party will only keep the audience interested in the show.

• Ana says:

dawnson and joey were also the main couple of the show. we all know how that ended. and yes, a thrid party will keep me interested, hoping it will end things between finn and rachel for good. even though i know it won’t.

• carrie says:

I agree 100% with this, when DC started I was all for Dawson and Joey,but when the show ended I wanted Joey with Pacey, so it is posible to successfully change the endgame couple. In the case of Glee, I am tired of the Finchel drama, the wedding fiasco was such a nightmare, I want season one Rachel Berry back. The girl who can stand on her own two feet,who is focused on getting her Tony award and who doesn’t need someone like Finn to get in her way,and drag her down. After all he fed her meat when she is vegan, he gave her a pig for Christmas and she is Jewish, I could go on and on, but basically I would love it if Rachel moved on completely. Also Finn might do better with some time by himself or with someone else as well? jst a thought…

• Emma says:

Because Rachel Berry is such a prize. Selfish little girl who never took her bf’s issues seriously because they could never be as important as her own petty ones, girl who hit him, threw a brush at his head, cheated to purposely hurt him, tried to use him for sex, demanded multiple expensive gifts, has zero interest in what he wants. Abusive bitch deserves to be alone. She’ll never be worth all the hurt she brings into the world.

• brenda says:

Please stop acting like she is a monster. She is not more or less selfish than most of the characters on this show.
            Plus she has shown more compassion and has been more forgiving than anyone too.

• gre says:

geez Emma she didn’t kill you dog. OMG she suggested tanning sessions for a gift what an awful person. Finn manipulated her, lead her on, teased her, lie to her, is a hypocrite,.

Face it they both did dumb thing but give me a break die along.

You sound just like Rachel a drama queen.

• Rach says:

Rachel shows compassion?? Thanks for the laugh. And she’s proved she’s not forgiving, she hurts people back. She’s a bitch.
            @gre Rachel’s a huge freaking hypocrite who lie, cheats, manipulates, leads boys on, and throws a bitch fit when it’s done to her. And she walks all over everyone, calls it ambition, and pretends like she’s the victim instead of an abusive bully. If you ignore everything she’s done, then she’s a good person. But, no, she’s a spoiled rotten abusive little girl.

• dude says:

I honestly don’t see why people confuse love for dependancy. Girls can either have great careers or great love but they can’t have both. If a girl is career-focused and she falls in love she’s a dependent-sap who “lost her way” when she should be focused on her professional life. When a girl is madly in love and goes for a career, she’s “trying to have it all.” There’s nothing wrong with wanting a fulfilling personal AND professional life. A great career may lead to great opportunities but no one’s ever said on their deathbed “I wish I worked more.” In the end, love is what matters so I don’t fault people for following their heart.

• jim says:

Yes compassion, she was the one to go to Quinn who was a huge bitch to her when she was pregnant, she was the only one to notice Kurt was alone . She is the one who tried ot get people to help Kurt when he was bullied. Just a few example.

t.

• Michelle says:

@Dude. I so agree. I took a year off before college to travel with the boy I loved and everyone said I’d regret it. I’m married, two kids, and have my degree plus had a lot of experiences I never would have had otherwise. People can have both, it just requires work and some sacrifice on some things and considering both people’s feelings and opinions(something Rachel will never do)

• rewrites says:

Rachel Berry is a great prize any one would be lucky to have her. I feel bad for people who can’t forgive like Rachel has numerous times. Some people take things to seriously and always blame Rachel for the other character not getting things. Then act like she get everything, totally forgetting when she gets something she has worked for it and it is usually a bitter sweet win or she has to be brought down a peg to two first.
            I see people always say she is thinks she is entitled which is ridiculous, she always works hard for wast she gets. Just becasue she goes for it doesn’t mean she thinks she is entitled to it. And the 2 times she did complain about solo she didn’t get them.

• Leyla says:

You’re dumb. Rachel’s parents also fed her meet, Kurt ordered her a cheesecake, and she drinks milk. She herself forgets she’s a vegan. LOL.

• haterz gon hate says:

@dude — Rachel was willing to give up one year to help Finn get into NYADA because she felt like she couldn’t succeed without him. Newsflash, Finn would never have gotten into NYADA. And Rachel probably would have never got another shot. It would have kept Rachel in Lima FOREVER waiting for Finn to want something he doesn’t want. Bottom line, they want different things, and sometimes “endgame” doesn’t work out.

Also–I don’t get why Rachel’s always the selfish one, and Finn is a saint for putting up with her. If you haven’t noticed, Season 1 Finn only cared about his popularity; he hurt both Rachel and the glee club because of it. Season 2 Finn chased after both Quinn and Rachel while they were in relationships; spoiler alert! Finn’s irresistible charm won out for the both of them. And Season 3 Finn asked a girl to marry him, not because he loved her, but because he’s a Lima loser and she makes him feel better about it. But yet he’s the hero because he saved her from a future he would’ve had the sole hand in dismantling? Please. Rachel may be selfish but she always learns her lesson–and usually by Finn holding it over her. Finn is just always perfect until he cries about how Ohio State is the only school in the entirety of the US. And better, girls fall for his BS! Rachel slept with him! If that’s not selfless, considering how awful it must have been, I really don’t know what you people want from her.

• Jenna says:

I agree. Finn is such a putts, he needs to grow up. I like Rachael with Brody better. They both seem like adults together. I couldn’t watch the show when Rachael and Finn were together. It was good the first time, but then it got stale and I don’t think I could watch the show again if they got back together.

• Lara says:

Dawson and Joey are the only example (and I was rooting for Peacy all along from season 3 on), look at Meredith and Derek, Blair and Chuck, Seth and Summer, and list goes on, they are endgame. Plus the writers themselves said that finn and rachel are far from over. I honestly like them together very much. I hope you’ll change your mind on them so you can enjoy the show more! ;)

• Ana says:

I don’t think I will change my mind, but I enjoy the show anyway. And yes, there are many more examples of main couples that did ended up together than endgame couples who weren’t supposed to be endgame at the beginning. But, Pacey&Joey are just a good example that you can change the endgame couple and they could do it in Glee, although I don’t think they will. Tbh, I wouldn’t mind Finchel so much if it weren’t for storylines like the wedding fiasco or “let’s go to california!”. Anyway, sometimes I have to remind myself it’s just a TV show :)

• carrie says:

I remember rooting for Ray and Neela on Er from the very start,before Neela’s marriage to Gallant, I held on the dream even when the powers that be three Tony Gates(John Stamos) into the mix, and a few other hudles, BUT in the end Reela did happen, so it’s not just Pacey and Joey on DC who changed the endgame on a show. It’s becuase of then and also Reela that I still cling to my Puckleberry dream, even though sadly it seems so unlikely.
            Also while Rachel can be selfish, Finn is not the good guy that RIB like to pretend he is. He was going to slushie Kurt to stay popular, he lied to Rachel to get her back to Glee so he would have a better chance at a scholarship, he lied to her about sleeping with Santana,where as Rachel told him straight away about kissing Puck. He called Kurt the F word.Instead of admiting to Quinn that he was having doubts about their relationship he played two insercure girls against each other. He had no problem chasing after then being with Quinn even though it meant she was cheating on Sam and oh yeah only joined Glee in the first place because he was black mailed into it. So why exactly is he such a hero ??

• Nikki says:

Till this day I am still baffled by people who thought Dawson and Joey were endgame? Must be the same people who rooted for Finn/Quinn (does this pairing even have fans?) and Lucas/Brooke (One Tree Hill). Finn and Rachel are endgame but I understand your point, for years I hoped Rachel and Ross (Friends) and still hope Robin and Barney (How I Met Your Mother) won’t be engame but alas I had to live.

• florence says:

I am so freaking sick of on every single ” TV romance debate” someone making a Dawson’s Creek reference, it’s so unoriginal and can apply to any show really, from Community to Glee and Gossip Girl. Please stop being lazy with your arguments…

4. Hub says:

I hope Rachel and Finn don’t turn into Chuck and Blair with all the will-they-won’t-they nonsense when EVERYONE knows they will get back together someway somehow. I can’t take any relationships—with other people–Finn and Rachel have because obviously it won’t last. O_o

• dude says:

The difference between Chuck/Blair and Finn/Rachel is Gossip Girl writers have willing set obstacles for three seasons, trying to keep them apart as long as possible where there’s no denying that Finn/Rachel are going to end up together. They need some time apart to figure out who they are on their own and what they’re going to do with their lives (mostly Finn) but I don’t think there’s much keeping them from getting back together.

5. kop says:

Just give Rachel a good storyline and stop with shipping all together. Don’t worry about the end of the show enjoy the journey.

Folks getting piss or being worried who has the mot shippers is just dumb.

6. Ian says:

This isn’t anything new at all though. This will be Rachel as the underdog at a performance arts college, pursued by some hottie who finds her irresistibly special natch, and then over time, she rises to the top better than everyone else and all the meanies and haters and teachers that didn’t believe in her all suffer the shame of their lives. Trouble is, Rachel comes off just too entitled and Mary Sue for me to like her and want to root for her and live in her triumphs with her. That was always Kurt for me. And he couldn’t get in cos she did. I’d rather be seeing HIM be the star and be bigger than a monster ship he’s a part of that it didn’t always seem like it’s being made out to look like Blaine’s slumming it with him. Why he can’t it be more about him living his fashion dreams in NY instead of what’s probably going to be him there to boohoo for Rachel? He’s the one graduated and out Ohio eventually, can he be viewed as desirable now? He and Karofsky needs to be picked up and not dropped again. *sigh* Just so much I wish was happening instead.

• david says:

Kurt is the biggest Mary Sue on the show. And who is saying we won’t see some of that for Kurt as well.
      Seriously Rachel is the one who always has to learn a lesson and apologize for her flaws.

• fan says:

Karofsy? His story is done. And Kurt will get his triumph I don’t see why Kurt fans don’t see that. Ryan is Kurt and he isn’t going to let him not get his success.

• mike says:

Really he was a bit player whose story should have ended with the gay bar scene.

• agroz says:

yes, and his sudden suicide storyline and Quinn’s car crash in the same episode were equally laughable.

• A. says:

The more they drag out the storyline of a tertiary plot device character like Karofsky, the more annoyed I get. If they were gonna go balls out and do a suicide storyline it should have happened at some point with either Kurt or Santana, so we could see that journey with someone the whole audience cares deeply about. What was On My Way even.

7. Bryn says:

I really wish they would have gone a different way with Rachel. She was so in love with Finn and now she will get the hots for the first guy that throws attention at her. IDK, I really don’t even care to watch another triangle with them. I was hoping she would throw her attention into school and we would see Finn’s struggle to make it to NY then they could reunite and just leave them alone for gods sake……ughh.

• freds says:

She is doing both we also know she will be having trouble with her dance instructor.

• Angel says:

I know how you feel. If they had to be separated I didn’t want her to get interested in some new guy. The whole point was for her to find herself on her own and pursue her dreams. I don’t think the new guy will really be a big deal though. He will be interested. Rachel will be hesitant but lonely and not hearing from Finn. She might go on a date with him but it will turn into nothing. Finn is the only one for her. She has said it herself. but by testing the waters with the new guy she nor Finn will have any doubts and they will be 100 percent sure they are meant to be. I do wish the writers hadnt teased us with the wedding storyline. I loved it. ( Im 20 btw) and thought it made for great story potential. Oh well. I know there will be an epic Finchel reunion coming up. And their better be a fantastic Finchel wedding before the series ends. #Finchelforever

8. Kara says:

So over this back and forth between them.
    Get new material writers! Angst does not always have to come from a love triangle!

They backtrack on their own writing. Basically everything that happened in Season 3 is a joke. You can’t have a couple almost getting married (twice!) then suddenly getting into another relationship. If they want us to believe the Finchel soulmate love, tether, etc… they need to stop this pull apart put back together.

They can have just as much drama being together in a new city then as they are apart.
    Cheap. Annoying. Over this redundant show.

• aes says:

How would it be suddenly it will be 3 months later. People have moved on faster and who is to say she will get in a relationship right away?

People make a lot of assumptions with very little info.

9. Rach says:

The new guy can have her. No one should willingly step back into Rachel’s never-ending vortex of self-absorption and selfishness once they’ve finally gotten free. She’s better off with a blow up doll. They don’t have feelings for her to hurt or walk all over.

• tou says:

Did you get hurt by someone like Rachel before you sound like you are transferring your unresolved issues on to a fictional character.

• Josie says:

Love Rachel I’d gladly be her new friend. Your hate is ridiculous it would be funny if it was so pathetic.

10. Rach says:

I don’t believe in pretending the spoiled brat is a saint just because her fans can’t accept the truth or pretending that it’s okay for her to treat people like crap because she’s an ambitious female. Lots of woman succeed without being bitches to their supposed friends and can actually think about other people’s feelings other than their own. Rachel will always be a selfish petty little child and her fans will always make ridiculous excuses as to why it’s okay for her to stalk a judge, hurt people, hit people, backstab people, use people, and whatever other bitchy thing she wants.

• Julie says:

Dial it down. You’ve commented multiple times on this same article. Perhaps it’s time to take a step back from the TV and computer and go find some real people to interact with. You’re a bigger drama queen than Rachel Berry (A FICTIONAL CHARACTER).

• sm says:

The show is for fun and enjoyment. If it doesn’t give you that, then go out with friends for laughs and forget the day. Enjoy your life with NO TV. One needs to understand that a show is what it is, not to be consumed with its content as if it’s your family. So if it is so consuming then one needs to alter one’s lifestyle.

• lola says:

Very nicely said! I feel like some posters have the person yells the loudest wins the argument mentaility or in this case the person that posts the most. State your opinion on the article, comment on a post or two and move on. Let others be heard. Also word of advice, if you don’t like the main character or core couple, perhaps you should find a new show. I am very excited about Rachel’s and Finn’s stories together and apart. I also will wait to see to see the actual show before I judge. Thanks for the teasers, they certainly spark some interesting discussion!

• sm says:

Just what I’m gonna do as well. I very hyped about their separate storylines. I liked to see them mature into well rounded adults, living life and knowing what life is and how they want to live in it. It will be very interesting how they bring them back together. I hope they find their own goals and ambitions to even obtaining them. In Goodbye season 3 finale, Rachel was unsure if she was ready to marry Finn ,even in Heart episode, she was insecure about getting married. With the new guy showing interest in her, she realizes that she is special without Finn’s reassurances and she might even really like a guy(Brody) with like minds and interests but will she ever get to the level of intimacy(not physical) as she did with Finn. I think this will be the adult type show that Glee can be at 9pm. This is something that I’m going to love watching on Glee. More mature subject matter-adult life processes being explored.

• glad Im not like this poster says:

Wow she isn’t that bad and she is fictional . You don’t have to deal with her. Some people need to relex

• head canon doesn't count says:

Your head canon needs and adjustment. I don’t see anyone here saying she isn’t selfish just that she isn’t the devil you are making her out to be.

11. Kelly says:

yay rachel story!! i so approve!! she’s my fave character!!

• Emma and Rach says:

Amen

• Angel says:

Mine too. I love her so much. Finn is my second favorite.

• wierd says:

Rachel is a very interesting character love her or hate her. I agree with Ian (the writer) she is the soul of the show and always has been. I still can’t understand people surprised at her being the main character did they only watch like 3 episodes in the middle of season 2 to decide that?

12. Michelle says:

Yay a Rachel focused season to bring down a show that should have ended already. Not enough people are dumb enough to buy into the poor little Rachel routine anymore, not when she doesn’t deserve her spot at the school. Next time someone blows an audition or interview, stalk the boss, bribe him with gifts, and get your friends to tell him how awesome you are. Then enjoy your jail cell because that’s how the story really ends, not with a big undeserving reward for a psycho girl.

• Lara says:

it’s a tv show, they have to find stories that might be not too realistic. come on chill a bit, don’t take it too hard on a fictional character.

• needshelp says:

Changing you name doesn’t fool anyone. One person has an axe to grin for a tv character. You aren’t making her look bad just yourself.

• Oh kurtsie says:

You do know sometimes glee exaggerates things for comedic purposes right.like the phone calls and muffin basket (really a bribe,ha). Oh wait of course oyu don’t cause you are taking things way to seriously.

• blame helps nothing time to get over it. says:

wow you made up a whole lot of stuff for this post. sorry Kurt didn’t make it but that isn’t Rachel’s fault. it isn’t her fault for any of his loses, stop blaming her.

13. CA says:

Hopefully this solidifies most people’s thought that season 4 of Glee will be centrally focused on one character — Rachel Barry. Remember way back when (like about two and three years ago) when Glee had a core ensemble cast, when the writers could almost have continunity? Ahhh…those are good memories. Good thing I have my DVDs to remind of way I so loved this show and why I am so frustrated with it now.

• Jim says:

The irony of your comment is that in the beginning season, the “core ensemble cast” you speak of had clear leads: Matt, Lea and Cory. They were the first introduced in the pilot, and their stories drove all the stories in the first part of the first season. That’s when the show was at its best — when it had a focus on those characters. Supporting characters had plotlines in episodes, but the show had a focus. I’d like for it to go back to that. I for one AM THRILLED that Rachel (and Finn) will play a big part in season 4. They’re (and Kurt) the only reason I’m sticking around.

• Lara says:

completly agree, the show was at his best when it had a narrow focus, not when it tried to follow all the characters all the time. I hope to see this in season 4 as well.

• SAW says:

Yes, when glee went away from the orignal formal that worked and got too big is when it went off the rials. This Rachel Berry show stuff is crap. She will have no more or less then she has had any other season.

• jason says:

According to Ryan Murphy, back in interviews from the season 1 timeframe, the main character was supposed to Shuester and his attempts to help the loser kids navigate the highs and low of being talented but in a school where all their eccentricities were considered to be slushy worthy. By the time the show was picked up for a full season, he realized that he has gems in his original kids — he never signaled out Rachel and Finn as being THE STARs. So if you look back at season one you get a reasonable balance in the story lines (with some great focus on some over others — Kurt coming out, Quinn’s pregnancy, Rachel’s drama, Artie’s frustration with being in a wheelchair, Tina’s non-stutter, Finn’s drama, and so on). In season 2, Ryan Murphy decided he wanted to introduce a handful (means a small number) of new cast members and did so with the likes of Blaine, Sam, and Coach Beiste (he miffed it with Sunshine, no doubt). But had their introductions have overlapping storylines with those characters that already existed and had established storylines. By season three — all that went out the window and it became a big guest name free for all with storyline lacking in continuity and, in some cases, purpose.

• Laura Aquelia says:

He singled out Rachel and Finn all the time as well as Lea and Cory. Look at the promotion, look at the story line. LOOK AT THE PILOT. The other didn’t get a back story. Then they decided to focus more on the kids story and following Rachel and Finn was a huge part of that. Ryan always mentioned how Rachel and Finn were the ones to link the geeks and the popular crowd. The first person cast was Lea as Rachel because she was always meant to be the lead kid. Lea was put in as the lead female category, why not Dianna, becasue they were going to follow Quinn as much. Rachel and/or Finn’s storyline ran through most of the episode , while those other sorties you mention get B plots in a few episodes. Quinn pregnancy was nearly nil the second half because she wasn’t needed as much cause she wasn’t linked to Finn any more.

We had lead characters being Rachel and Finn, their stories (season long arcs) will be present in nearly every episodes has been singe the first episodes.
        We have main characters: Kurt, Quinn, Puck, Santana, Will.
        they will get mini arcs. So their arc or arcs will appear in a few episodes through out the season. There stories will be touch on but not in nearly every episode.
        You have supporting in character; Mercedes, Artie, Sam etc – They will get a few focus plot line in a few episodes throughout the season very little arc in their plots.

The origanl screener had the credit as Matt, Lea, Cory, Jessliyn, Jayma, etc. Just an FYI.

• sm says:

I watch and love the show. Season 1 had an outline with introductions of cast with shining moments on the adult equivalence(Will and Emma) of Finn and Rachel. Their stories mirrored each other. This is for the Glee fan who has watched the show since the pilot. No matter what one says about the plan or outline of Glee since the start(lead character based to ensemble cast)every Glee fan is passionate with their own belief and no one will change it.
          I am a solid believer in that Will and Emma and Finn and Rachel were intended to the lead characters with stories mainly about them, Since viewership is mainly younger with less interest in Wemma, they have taken a lesser role in the show. The writers have all spoken about the main storylines in season 3 and the main focus turned into Finn and Rachel and their relationship. This was and will always be what the writers will have emphasis on.

• never says:

I can’t belive people ever thought this was an true ensemble show. It really never has been.

• how is that not clear? says:

Scary, it was evident from the start. They did veer away from Will being a lead when they wanted to concentrate on the kids more though. But Rachel and to some extent Finn has for sure always been the lead character.

• Angel says:

Completely agree Jim. I watch this show first Rachl and Finn. They are the main characters

• modern family is an nesmble not glee. says:

This show is not an ensemble and never has been. Season 1 especially was not. Season two gave more to like 2 characters and lost focus and season 3 was pretty much the same.

14. Dran says:

Not looking forward to this storyline at all. I’m a huge Finn/Rachel shipper. Not sure i shall keep watching until Finn comes back on the scene tbh. This storyline has been done to death and I don’t think I can watch a rehash.

• Fran says:

Gee this stuff bugs the hell out of me. It is like if I don’t get my toy I’m leaving.

• Angel says:

We don’t know if he will be gone long. Lea and Cory are both excited and they are HUGE Finchel shippers. Don’t give up.

15. Crystal says:

I’m very excited for all the things that are happening with Rachel in the beginning of the season. Finchel is still my favorite glee couple and I’m looking forward to watching Rachel and Finn’s journey to reuniting with each other. I know Lea and Cory will do their characters justice.

16. Arinna says:

Uh, not again! <.<

17. chris says:

In real life, going away to college and still having a high school romance is tough.

18. Erin says:

New boy better be careful. If he pisses her off, she’ll hurt him on purpose, his problems will never be taken seriously by her, she’ll throw things at him when she’s pissed, she’ll hint for expensive presents and dates but never plan a date he’ll enjoy, she’ll want compliments up the ass but never return the favor, and he’ll have to defend her selfish actions to any of their friends. “Okay yes she stalked Carmen Trubodeux into giving her a second chance that no one else got but guys, she’s talented and a girl so it’s okay that she breaks the law and school rules to get what she wants and you all should really just give the freshman all the solos you worked so hard for because it’s Rachel Berry and she deserves them even though she gets everything she wants and doesn’t work for it.”

• Jim says:

WOW. That’s quite the diatribe there. If a fictional character pisses you off this much, you should probably step back and reevaluate yourself. Or take a Valium, whatever works.

• Penny says:

Erin, Rach or Michelle or whatever name you are going by now, we get it it, you don’t like her. I smell a Kurt fan so I know there is know reason to say Kurt will be successful cause a good many Kurt fans can’t let go of this. Do not want to offend Kurt fans cause I love him but some are going over board with this Rachel resentment IMO.

19. Julie says:

I’m thrilled that Rachel will be getting a good story to start the season. My favorite thing about the early seasons was how it had a clear focus and clear leads (Lea, Matt, Cory). I look forward to seeing Rachel interact with different characters at the drama school; her roommate situation sounds hysterical and very typical (I had a roommate from hell in my freshman year, too). I can’t wait for Lea to have the opportunity to act with Kate Hudson and stretch herself in what I hope is a career-focused story. Personally, I hope that not too much time is spent on the relationship part of her story, but I look forward to seeing how it plays out. The actor seems to be quite charming.

20. Minx says:

I am actually looking forward to the new season. The Rachel Berry character was stifled last year with being nothing but an apendage for Finn and a Stepford to Finn/Kurt (Oh no Kurt must win the election, I’ll risk getting in trouble for him). Rachel is at her best and the show at it’s funniest when she’s all about herself and out for all she can get. The character was so much better paired with Jesse and Puck, so I’m hoping I like her mixing it up with this “Brody” guy as well. Anything has to be better than Finn.

• Jenny says:

YES!!! Just yes… Couldn’t have said it better myself

• megan says:

I didn’t find her character stifled at all. On the contrary, I thought there was some really amazing and interesting character growth. I thought Finn, on the other hand, was more of an appendage to Rachel, and did most of his “growth” in the final episode. I’m excited to see how his new understanding of adult love and adult responsibility transfers into the next season, and I hope the writers give Cory the opportunity to really exercise his talent.

• Fran says:

She was stifled as an indiuval. Unitl the last 4 episodes she was just part of a couple and it was hard to watch the once strong Rachel defer her dreams for nothing.

• megan says:

I completely disagree with this, lol. When you’re in a relationship, part of you has to be devoted to that relationship. That’s maturity. It’s infantile to suggest that a person should be in a relationship and pretend they’re not. She also never once deferred her dreams – on the contrary, she specifically put her relationship with Finn second when he suggested California… so I’m not sure what show you were watching.

• keq says:

Um she said twice she would defer her dreams. She said she would so Finn could find his and even then said his dreams might be bigger (BS), than again she said at the end she would defer wait a year in hopes Finn and Kurt made it into a school the next year in NY. Which contradicted her own statmetn that there was only so much time to be an ingenue. Which show did you watch or do you not understand what defer means?
            And yes when you are in a relationship you should be devout ed but you always need to remember your own needs. Rachel was willing to sacrifice a lot of Finn. And yes she was deferring her dream and when she said that it was hard to see cause she would have resented it later even if it was one year.

21. megan says:

I don’t mind them mixing it up with Brody as long as it ends in a Finn/Rachel reunion. I don’t want to see this show throw away the beautiful storyline they have there just because of a bunch of annoying online whiners who clearly do not understand the metaphor-heavy relationship of Rachel and Finn.

• lola says:

This! Let’s face it, epic teenage love does not always translate into a successful real-life adult relationship. There is not doubt that Finn and Rachel have things to work on both as individuals and as a couple, but isn’t the purpose of the show to show us the journey? I am excited for it and trust that the writer who wrote what is probably be best scene that Glee has ever done (Goodbye) and the actors that beautifully delivered their lines in that final episode will continue to bring us a great story and great scenes. The actors and the audience deserve it.

• sm says:

Way to go, Megan. Rachel and her metaphors. Finchel is the metaphor of the show.

22. Hannah says:

I love Dean Geyer! I’m very excited to see him on Glee. It’s been too long since I’ve head him sing!

• Amy says:

Ditto. I liked his voice on Australian Idol. Also don’t blame the boy for being scared about the crazies in the Glee fandom…

23. Jess says:

I definitely think Glee was at its best when it had the main characters (Mr Schu, Rachel, Finn, even Kurt) and then background players. It got messy and sloppy writing when they tried to accommodate all these other background characters (some with questionable acting IMO) Pandering to fans caused a ton of inconsistency as well and this will only make things worse in the long run if they keep doing it.

Lea, Cory, Chris are the best actors on the show. They should definitely be showcased more and I can’t wait until they have the 3 of them together in NYC (which is where this should have went without this drama… it’s a comedy right?!) Throw in Naya too and we have a hit! Lose the excess baggage! (looking at your random glee project winner Alex who can sing but can’t act to save a lick!)

• Jess is right says:

Yes, Yes!!!!

• mary says:

Agreed. I really think they are the best actors. That “Goodbye” car escene was superb. I want more of that. I hope Lea Michele and Cory Monteith gift us with more escenes like that. I will like more comedy with all of them in Ney York

24. Linds says:

it will be interesting i guess for this new character for the finchel relationship, but i adore finn and rachel together, and i love seeing lea and cory work together because of how amazing they make the storylines. i also am excited to see what happens to finn and rachel apart, and hopefully the writers will give lea and cory storylines to show off how amazing they are. Overall, i am still definitely rooting for finn and rachel to be together in the end.

25. Josie says:

I really wish Glee could be more original than the same old 3rd party interference for Finn and Rachel. I have no doubt that they are it for each other. I’m just a little frustrated at the moment not knowing when Finn and Rachel will interact again. I just hope it’s sooner rather than later. I cannot wait for the epic reunion I know they will have.

26. vrn says:

I cant wait to see what happen to Finchel, I love them and I know this guy is going to be a problem but I will enjoy the Drama. :) #FinchelForever

27. Jenn says:

I just want Cory Monteith back on my TV screen again. Only then will I be a happy fan.

28. Julie says:

I’m OK with a new guy coming along to help Rachel realize, like Finn realized at the end of Season 2, that Rachel and Finn are tethered to each other. The last epiosde of Season 3 clearly set up the dynamic where, while Finn is 100% sure about Rachel, Rachel needs to become 100% sure about Finn. Insofar as the interaction with Brody helps her realize that, it will make for a good story.

But don’t make it take too long for Finn and Rachel to be interacting (and singing together — they only had 1 duet in all of Season 3!), and show us a strong story that, even if long and complicated like Cory said at Comic-Con, leads them back to each other in the end.

I love the characters, and I love them together. And I have immense respect for Lea, and for Cory, in their incredible acting abitlies and the way they’ve made Rachel and Finn living people we know and care passionately about. They as actors, and their stories, were what hooked me on Glee at the beginning; they’re the main reason I still watch, much as I love other stories and actors too, and when they are acting together on screen, no matter what the situation, we see Glee at its very best. Months later, critics talking about the show are still praising the power of the car scene in Goodbye — it was a standout, defining moment for the show.

Can’t wait for Season 4, and eagerly (and kind of anxiously) waiting to see how the journey leads Rachel and Finn back to each other and their happy ending.

#FinchelForever!!!

29. Dee says:

It amazes me that so many people who watch this show feel as if they should decide the direction(s) that the show should take. Lea Michele and Cory Monteith are both outstanding actors who have managed to move the show forward through three seasons. As it has been said before if you don’t like the show or the characters or the way the plots have been written DON”T watch! If you feel that certain segments of society are under represented write your own show. I am curious to see how things develop. I support Finn and Rachel and am anxious to see how their relationship resolves.

• Bobbie says:

Both Cory and Lea are amazing actors!!! They’re the reason why I love Finchel so much, they just light up my tv when they have scenes together!!!

30. Feel sorry for the poor fella – he’s walking into a Hornet’s nest lol – Sigh Finchel all the way for me but. They better be back together ASAP! :(

31. Esme says:

I’m not going to watch Glee until Finn and Cory comes back. You can berate me for not being a true Gleek or a good fan, but Finn is my favorite character and I can’t get any excitement out of this show without him in it. I’m sure lots of other fans feel that way too.

• Laura says:

My favorite is also Finn, but I’ll be watching the first episode. Yeah, I know Cory will be busy filming his two new movies back to back. But don’t worry. I’m sure Cory will be back soon! :)

• wow says:

So I guess be pissed at Cory for getting outside work.
      He isn’t off the show they are working around his schedule it seems to me. A hissy fit can’t chance that.

• MM says:

Yes! Cory Forever!!!

• sm says:

I respect Cory and all the acotrs on Glee. Glad he has the opportunity to grow as an actor into movies. 2 of them which makes Glee Finn-light for a while. But when he returns I bet the story starts rolling pretty fast. He will jump into a big storyline for Finn. This will light up my life too. Until then, I’m watching every episode.

32. Pam says:

IDK, I am not a huge Finn/Rachel fan but I do enjoy them together mainly b/c Cory and Lea play so well off each other. It is kinda disappointing to me that it appears they will not share scenes for several episodes. Also, if last season told us anything it was that these two characters love each other immensely, so much so for Finn that he sacrificed his happiness for her to go to NY without him. I think just bringing in a new love interest for Rachel is disheartening for a lot of fans and I for one was so off put by it that I might skip the beginning myself. Rachel moving to NY just to get interested in another guy doesn’t make sense…..

• shippers urgh says:

Well so far all we know is that he is interested in her.
      Finn also told her she need to go experience things for herself. I don’t see how people don’t want to see the journey of how these two live without each other only to find their way back as hinted by Finn also. If they are meantot be they they will be.

33. JET says:

I love Finn and Rachel, as separate characters and as a couple. I’m tired of the third party interference — this SL is tiring and weakens the relationship a little bit each time they do this to them IMHO. If there is one thing that someone can take away from Glee, it’s that Finn and Rachel love each other. They may not be perfect, but they love each other. I don’t need to see this proven for the 4th time. I want to see Finn and Rachel struggling, and realizing their dreams, together. They should be able to support each other on an adult level, as they did on a high school level, IMO.

34. Akary says:

I love drama I survived to Lucas and Peyton, Sabrina and Harbey, Cory and Topanga (when they break up) Ross and Rachel and still waiting for Barney and Robin
    this would be good

35. Olive says:

Finchel all the way! :) But I’m excited for Dean to join the show!

36. Lizzie says:

Fans are becoming SUPER creepy, I don’t like the way this trend is going, thinking you can berate or tweet an actor in an angry or aggressive manner over a fictional couple or plot line shows a blurring of reality that is scary.

• Adam Wain says:

becoming creepy? some are already there.

• Me says:

Yes, why don’t you ask G.Gustin or C.Monteith about receiving angry/aggressive tweets from fans/stans of other characters/couples… This isn’t new in the Glee fandom…

• ick says:

You could name any glee cast person and they have gotten creepy tweets. I mean not just angry but even sexual one.

37. Kaycee says:

I’m a little tired of the ‘put them together, pull them apart’ thing, but I guess there’s no escaping that. I hope that I can enjoy this new character and his relationship with Rachel, but at the end of the day I’m still rooting for the Finn/Rachel reunion and can’t wait to see how they do that.

38. Nikki says:

I’m a Finchel fan but I’m really excited about this bit of casting. I can remember Dean from all the way back to his Australian Idol days, and he was fantastic (and not to mention gorgeous!) back then, and then in Neighbours and Terra Nova. It’s so great to see him getting some decent gigs over in the U.S! I hope they keep him around even after the inevitable Finchel reunion.

39. Elyse says:

hes hot. so i can dig it.

40. So Excited says:

I am so excited for this season. As a Finchel fan I was kind of upset how last season ended but I am so very excited to see how this new interaction with Brody will affect Rachel and essentially Finn in future episodes. Love Finchel. Love Finn and Rachel. Love Lea and Cory and I can\’t wait to see what this season has in store for them all.

41. nicole says:

I love finchel i want them to get back together! I was sad how season 3 ended! finchel forever!

42. Amy Fitzgibbon says:

Another Finchel fan here too! I love Finchel, particularly because I truly love watching Lea Michele and Cory Monteith play off each other as the characters. As much as i didn’t enjoy the Season three finale decision of setting Rachel “free”, I will watch Season 4 because I am a fan of the show. I will buckle up and be a passenger on the bus for whatever ride RIB and Glee want to take me on. BUT, I can’t wait to see Finchel back together! I am excited to see how that will happen on the show.

43. omgShanna says:

#finchelforever I’m not excited to see them apart but I know it’s what has to happen to bring them together again, and the finchel reunion? THAT I can’t wait for! They love each other so much and I can’t wait to see the journey the show takes them in season 3!

44. amy says:

As long as Rachel has a good story I’ll be happy. Love is good as long as they don’t make that her full story. I’ll be thrilled if they really go back to a smaller core cast

45. just a general comment. says:

Why do the writers of Glee make their characters so unrealistic and unlikable? How are we supposed to relate to these bizarre caricatures with twisted moralities? They’re all either stupid (Finn) or insane (Quinn) or bitches (Santana) or all three (Rachel). None of them have any of their crap together, and their motivations are hard to understand. And it’s not entertaining. It’s frustrating.

• nonononononononono says:

And what on earth did they do to Blaine’s character. Poor Darren. Blaine was originally so put together and then boom, they tried to make him as oblivious as Finn (HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?). That’s not what we want you to do to fan faves, Glee. THAT’S NOT WHAT YOU F*******NG DO. You give him agency and give him a mind of his own and convictions and a morality and motives that line up and make sense with who he is/was last season and line up with the fact that he cares for kurt (his own words).

And then you give him trivial hair plots and the fact that Cooper stole his doll or something, and give him zero agency regarding sebastian (he became a rag doll that Kurt and Sebastian were each pulling on). Stop.

• elphaba says:

I always feel like I’m wanting Blaine to be properly assertive (Flat out saying get lost to Sebastian in a firm but kind way). And being understanding and smart, knowing what he wants, being really aware instead of oblivious. And not wishy washy. But that’s what they do with him. They make everything he does wishy washy, shuffle him to the back, character assassinate him by changing his aesthetic or his previously (strongly implied) age, retcon everything about him. and bring him out again for a song that doesn’t relate to him. People who write fanon Blaine write better.

• Kay says:

I so agree with you. Blaine was so strong and confident in Season 2 but by Season 3 he completely changed. I just hope that they do not bring Sebastian back into the story to try to get back with Blaine now that Kurt will be in NY but I have a feeling that might be what they plan to do (to create drama). If they do, that would be so wrong in so many ways due to what happened in Season 3. I just hope that Blaine will finally be able to get back to the way he was when he first came on the show (just not go back to Dalton Academy – I want him to stay at McKinley).

• Henry of the hiatus says:

Everytime they make Blaine less solid than what I though he was, it feels like the writers are punching my pet Labrador. And saying, oh look. The character you loved? we don’t care about his integrity at all. He’s probably a bad person, and a weakling, who has weird issues that we won’t address. We’ll let the haters draw the worst conclusion possible. And you can have that for your canon.

And then I feel like scratching everybody’s eyes out.

• jef says:

Rachel isn’t insane or stupid or a bitch. Sad some people don’t get the humor of the character. Quinn is the only one to have been shown as insane and a bitch.

46. huh says:

Finchel seems to be making an unforeseen comeback in fandom. Must have been the break up.

47. Ro says:

So excited for season 4! I wonder what it has plan for Finn, Rachel, and the rest. Finchel forever! I love Glee, always have, and I always will. We might have had our ups and downs, but I trust Ryan, Ian, and Brad, without them, we wouldn’t have fallen in love with the cast in the first place.

48. Leyla says:

#FinchelForever. I don’t like this new guy at all and the redundant storylines.

49. Nara says:

#finchelforever I really hope they get back together :)