Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Preview: Alcatraz Star Moves to Vegas

Sarah Jones is relocating from The Rock to Sin City.

Jones, who played Det. Rebecca Madsen on J.J. Abram’s one-and-done Fox series Alcatraz, is the newest addition to CBS’ upcoming drama Vegas.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Vegas is based on the real-life Ralph Lamb’s experience as a Nevada sheriff in the 1960s, right around the time that the desert city cemented its anything-goes reputation. Per TVLine’s sister site Deadline.com, Jones will play the firecracker daughter of a powerful Chicago man. She’ll be associated with Michael Chiklis’ Vincent Savino, a Windy City gangster out to take over Vegas.

The retro drama also stars Dennis Quaid – who plays Lamb — Carrie Ann Moss and Jason O’Mara.

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: What Will You Watch on Tuesdays?

Jones’ other television credits include Justified, House and Sons of Anarchy.

Vegas premieres Tuesday, Sept. 25 (10/9c) on CBS, following NCIS: Los Angeles.

Comments (11)

• I misread this as Alcatraz Moves… I was a little disappointed when I realized my mistake but good for her. I’ve enjoyed her performances and I might have to check this out.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – July 23, 2012 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I misread it at first,too. I so want to know what happened on/in Alcatraz!
      This show does sound interesting though…

Comment by sarah – July 23, 2012 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This chick is gorgeous but this is going to be another “one-and-done” series for her…

Comment by luke – July 23, 2012 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope this works out. I miss Alcatraz. Any hope she can bring Jorge Garcia with her?

Comment by Steve – July 23, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jorge Garcia is in talks for a role on Once Upon A Time, so I doubt it.

Comment by nick1372 – July 24, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if we will ever find out the truth about Alcatraz.
    They should release something telling the fans the mystery behind the disappearances etc.

Comment by Z – July 23, 2012 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what’s with the dual-tone hair color in that picture?

Comment by cj – July 23, 2012 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uhoh….Jones + O’Mara in a show together. Its going to get cancelled. I really enjoy both those actors, but they have bad luck.
    I still miss Alcatraz.

Comment by mia – July 23, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It seems anything I like with any actor I like gets cancelled pretty fast.

Comment by Steve – July 24, 2012 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks a lot younger with this hair. I didn’t recognize her for a second! Cool news.

Comment by Gilda – July 23, 2012 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Jason O’Mara and Sarah Jones, but this show looks AWFUL (to be nice).

Comment by nick1372 – July 24, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post