Fall TV Preview

Hart of Dixie Doc Gets a Girlfriend — But She's Got Drama With [Spoiler]!

Hart of Dixie Golden BrooksZoe Hart is getting a new confidant.

Girlfriends actress Golden Brooks is joining The CW’s Hart of Dixie in a recurring role for Season 2 as Zoe’s new gal pal, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED | Exclusive: Lori Loughlin Returns to 90210… For Dixon’s Funeral?

Brooks’ Ruby makes quick friends with the resident doctor upon her return to Bluebell. (What about AnnaBeth?!) She is described as a successful woman with acerbic wit, making her something of kindred spirit to Dr. Hart. Her relationships with Lavon and Lemon, however, will be less harmonious as there’s some unresolved issues there. As we previously reported, Ruby was the mayor’s high school sweetheart, putting her at odds with the southern belle.

Hart of Dixie returns Oct. 2 at 8/7c.

Comments (20)

• Awesome!!! Zoe desperately needs a galpal. I adore the show, but that’s the element that was missing. So yay!!

Comment by mia – July 21, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Annabeth was ashamed of Zoe and didn’t deserve Zoe’s friendship. Closeted friends are the worst.

Comment by Phil – July 21, 2012 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice choice, she is a funny actress.

Comment by Stay – July 21, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Golden Brooks! I still watch Beauty Shop all the time!

Comment by dude – July 21, 2012 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely adore her. Fantastic choice!

Comment by Summer – July 21, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with previous posters that Zoe needed a gapal she clicks with and I can these two having that type of chemistry. Golden is a good actress, and I look forward to seeing her on Hart of Dixie. Sounds like it’s going to be an awesome season with another triangle added to the mix.

Comment by starry118 – July 21, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That sounds really good. A girlfriend for Zoe and a potential love interest for Lavon in one swoop. I think the show can use both really well.

Comment by awelle – July 21, 2012 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve had such a crush on Golden Brooks since she was Maya on Girlfriends and Chanell from Beauty Shop! This news makes me want a Girlfriends movie or reunion.

Comment by ChuckieChk – July 21, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just talking to my momma bout Golden Brooks and she reminded me that last season Persia White (Lynn Searcy) was on the Vampire Diaries as Abby Bennett, the mother of Kat Graham’s Bonnie Bennett! The CW is showing love for the former stars of Girlfriends, so give us a Girlfriends movie or reunion special!!!

Comment by ChuckieChk – July 21, 2012 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • speaking of Annabeth any news on if she will be around more next season? Would really like to see her as a regular

Comment by ggny – July 21, 2012 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to hear Zoe’s getting a friend, that girl needs one!

Comment by Kristina – July 21, 2012 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW I never realized til now that it was Persia White!!!! I’m gonna go back and rewatch those episodes.

And now I’ll check out HoD just to watch Golden

Comment by Ram510 – July 21, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Hart of Dixie – it’s like the perfect replacement for Gilmore Girls in my heart.

Comment by Kasper F. Nielsen – July 21, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t start to take after TVGuide by finding the worst picture of celebs to post. lol.

Comment by tp – July 21, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Hart of Dixie come back! I’m rooting for soulmates Zoey and George! But this new girl…I hope this is just a bad photo because she looks like she has had a mountain of work done!

Comment by Tracy – July 22, 2012 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No she doesn’t. I think she looks nice. Just maybe she’ll show Zoey how to show some RESPECT for herself … she was EMBARRASSING.

Comment by OK – July 30, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another black best friend role yawn, sure I applaud you CW from growing from the “token black” to actually having more POCs in one show, more so in the upcoming season but do all black people have to be some white kid’s black best Friend, is that all there is.

Comment by zee – July 23, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, What the…………………..

Comment by no george please – July 30, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah but Tara in Trueblood has a pretty big
      role and is a really cool character!

Comment by Lucy Lovett – August 21, 2012 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post