Hart of Dixie Doc Gets a Girlfriend -- But She's Got Drama With [Spoiler]!

Hart of Dixie Golden BrooksZoe Hart is getting a new confidant.

Girlfriends actress Golden Brooks is joining The CW’s Hart of Dixie in a recurring role for Season 2 as Zoe’s new gal pal, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED | Exclusive: Lori Loughlin Returns to 90210… For Dixon’s Funeral?

Brooks’ Ruby makes quick friends with the resident doctor upon her return to Bluebell. (What about AnnaBeth?!) She is described as a successful woman with acerbic wit, making her something of kindred spirit to Dr. Hart. Her relationships with Lavon and Lemon, however, will be less harmonious as there’s some unresolved issues there. As we previously reported, Ruby was the mayor’s high school sweetheart, putting her at odds with the southern belle.

Hart of Dixie returns Oct. 2 at 8/7c.

1. mia says:

Awesome!!! Zoe desperately needs a galpal. I adore the show, but that’s the element that was missing. So yay!!

• Phil says:

Agreed. Annabeth was ashamed of Zoe and didn’t deserve Zoe’s friendship. Closeted friends are the worst.

2. Stay says:

Nice choice, she is a funny actress.

3. dude says:

Love Golden Brooks! I still watch Beauty Shop all the time!

4. Summer says:

I absolutely adore her. Fantastic choice!

5. starry118 says:

I agree with previous posters that Zoe needed a gapal she clicks with and I can these two having that type of chemistry. Golden is a good actress, and I look forward to seeing her on Hart of Dixie. Sounds like it’s going to be an awesome season with another triangle added to the mix.

6. awelle says:

That sounds really good. A girlfriend for Zoe and a potential love interest for Lavon in one swoop. I think the show can use both really well.

7. ChuckieChk says:

I’ve had such a crush on Golden Brooks since she was Maya on Girlfriends and Chanell from Beauty Shop! This news makes me want a Girlfriends movie or reunion.

8. ChuckieChk says:

I was just talking to my momma bout Golden Brooks and she reminded me that last season Persia White (Lynn Searcy) was on the Vampire Diaries as Abby Bennett, the mother of Kat Graham’s Bonnie Bennett! The CW is showing love for the former stars of Girlfriends, so give us a Girlfriends movie or reunion special!!!

9. ggny says:

speaking of Annabeth any news on if she will be around more next season? Would really like to see her as a regular

10. Kristina says:

Glad to hear Zoe’s getting a friend, that girl needs one!

11. Ram510 says:

WOW I never realized til now that it was Persia White!!!! I’m gonna go back and rewatch those episodes.

And now I’ll check out HoD just to watch Golden

12. Kasper F. Nielsen says:

I love Hart of Dixie – it’s like the perfect replacement for Gilmore Girls in my heart.

13. tp says:

Please don’t start to take after TVGuide by finding the worst picture of celebs to post. lol.

14. Tracy says:

Can’t wait for Hart of Dixie come back! I’m rooting for soulmates Zoey and George! But this new girl…I hope this is just a bad photo because she looks like she has had a mountain of work done!

• OK says:

No she doesn’t. I think she looks nice. Just maybe she’ll show Zoey how to show some RESPECT for herself … she was EMBARRASSING.

15. zee says:

Another black best friend role yawn, sure I applaud you CW from growing from the “token black” to actually having more POCs in one show, more so in the upcoming season but do all black people have to be some white kid’s black best Friend, is that all there is.

16. Carneyluv1 says: