Emmys

Emmy Nominations 2012: My Snappy Judgments

Get More: Commentary, Emmys

Emmy Nominations 2012The 2012 Emmy nominations were, as per usual, a mixed bag. For every inspired nod (congrats, Max Greenfield!) there was one that had me scratching the skin off my scalp (Kathy Bates over Katey Sagal?!). So without further adieu, I give you the good, the bad and the downright ugly from this year’s list.

RELATED | Emmy Nominations — the Complete List

I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* Nods for Downton Abbey‘s Michelle Dockery and Joanne Froggart
* Don Cheadle sneaking in for House of Lies.
* All of the Homeland love.
* The best comedy nominations for Girls and leading lady Lena Dunham.
* New Girl scene-stealer Max Greenfield makes the supporting actor in a comedy cut.
* Finally, Breaking Bad‘s lone female, Anna Gunn, gets some love.
* Mayim Bialik becoming the first Big Bang Theory female to score a nod.
* All the nods for Sherlock, including best movie/miniseries and stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.
* Jason Ritter making the guest actor in a drama series cut for Parenthood.
* The long-overlooked Merritt Wever from Nurse Jackie being recognized.

PHOTOS | Emmy Shock — The 37 Biggest Snubs

I’m Rolling My Eyes About:
* Kathy Bates getting recognized for the now-cancelled Harry’s Law over Sons of Anarchy‘s Katey Sagal.
* Jon Cryer getting nominated for Two and a Half Men over Community‘s Joel McHale.

RELATED | Emmy Nominees React — Who Said What?

I’m Super-Pissed About:
* The Good Wife getting shut out of the drama series category for the first time. And where the hell is Carrie Preston in the guest category?!
* Emmy flunking Community (save for one writing nod).
* No love for Cougar Town. Ditto Happy Endings.
* Parks and Recreation
failing to score a best comedy nod.
* The absence of Fringe‘s John Noble.
Southland getting bubkes.
Sons of Anarchy’s Katey Sagal getting screwed.
 Again. Ditto her criminally underrated co-stars Charlie Hunnam and Maggie Siff.
* No major nods for The Walking Dead. Ditto Justified.

Okay, that’s my two cents’ worth. Now it’s your turn. Post your own snappy judgments below. And click here to view a list of all the major nominees.

Tags:

Comments (316)

• six acting nomes for downton abbey? really?

Comment by anna – July 19, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way does Hugh Bonneville deserve a nod at the expense of Timothy Olyphant or Hugh Laurie. NO WAY!

Comment by dolphinlights – July 19, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JASON ISAACS!!! the man make me cry!!! sniff…

Comment by Nadia – July 19, 2012 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Hugh Laurie? He should have been nominated for his phenomenal work.

Comment by Bill – July 19, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Overall – I AM NOT HAPPY. There are a few things to smile about (Max Greenfield, Mayim Bialik, Jason Ritter, a few others) but I am just baffled by how some of these other people can be nominated over people I feel are far more deserving. Kathy Bates over Regina King AND Katey Segal? Such an effing joke.

Comment by CJ – July 19, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is the nomination for Kyra Sedgwick and *The Closer*? MAJOR oversight.

Comment by Leslye – July 19, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would put in the mix Madeleine Stowe and Lana Parrilla…the two greatest villains of this season!

Comment by Dave – July 19, 2012 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe Katey Sagal was snubbed!! WTF, she is a great actress! Charlie & Maggie should have been nominated as well!

Comment by gina c – July 19, 2012 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just goes to show, you can’t believe in ‘official awards’. Citizen Kane, for example, did not get “best picture”. Buffy never got an emmy and only one nomination for the “silent” episode. What do the awards mean? bupkis! Nada.

Comment by bobbie – July 19, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true. Thanks for reminding me about Buffy. Fringe and Community are in good company there.

Comment by Chiana – July 19, 2012 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello, it’s Joanne FROGGATT, not Froggart.

Comment by Elizabeth – July 19, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe Caterina Scorsone was not nominated. She was fantastic. What about Sandra Oh. And glee may not have been great but what about Naya Rivera. I also knoe CW shows never get nominated but One Tree Hill was pretty good this last season. Do the emmys not like Grey’s and Private Practice or CW shows….I don’t understand

Comment by BL – July 19, 2012 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t have said it better myself Aus.

Comment by Catalina – July 19, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Michael Pitt from Boardwalk Empire!

Comment by JoRayne – July 19, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh and Jason Issacs! Excited about Girls, Downton, Jason Ritter and Max Greenfield noms though.

Comment by JoRayne – July 19, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy for Connie Britton on her AHS nom! Other than that… booo! All the same stuff as previous awards. Oh well…

Comment by Liz Thompson Attaway – July 19, 2012 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a complete joke. Sorry but most of the nominations are crazy for the drama categories. Its like these stupid Emmy nominators watch 3 or 4 shows a year. WHERE THE HELL IS LEA MICHELLE? WHERE THE HELL IS KERRY WASHINGTON? Sorry but this is crazy. Oh not to mention Sandra Oh. She did the best work she has ever done this year on Grey’s and gets nothing. The EMMY’s are a freaking joke and its time the networks put a stop to Cable domination. Split the damn categories already. Cable and Broadcast then if you like an overall category.

On the plus side i am so happy about Downton Abbey scoring nods. This is one of the best series to come out of the UK. Homeland will have a run for its money that is for sure. Also happy with some of the comedy nods like Big Bang and Modern Family along with Loretta Divine for Grey’s but

Comment by greysfan – July 19, 2012 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So because cable dramas are just flat out better than Network dramas they should handicap the race by separating them? That’s silly. Let’s also not forget that one of the best drama nominees airs on PBS. The Networks losing out to a PBS show is funny. Maybe they should focus on making better shows instead of the garbage they have been churning out.

Comment by AJ – July 19, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also have you noticed everything on your list pretty much appeals to predominately women? If the emmys were decided on that basis every primetime soap with some good looking guy or a female lead with a pity party story line would be walking away with the awards instead of the deserving actors.

Comment by AJ – July 19, 2012 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No i didn’t say that. I said its time to split the categories into Cable and Broadcast then have an overall category like it is now. So many good people and shows are missing out to Cable because the Emmy people seem to hell bent on them winning all the time. I do agree they are better dramas but still. AS for Downton, yes its on PBS but it is from the UK which makes it an even better feat.

Comment by greysfan – July 19, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree that the categories need to be split but you have the wrong dividing line. Instead of separating Cable and Broadcast, the division should be the length of season. All series that are 13 episodes or less should be judged in one category and those that have the fuller season of 22-26 episodes in another. You don’t compare someone who runs the 100 yard dash to the one who runs a mile.

Comment by HGFM – July 19, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you even listen to yourself? Quote: “I do agree they are better drams but still…” Well, if they are better dramas then they should win. Period. You don’t get to change the rules just because your favorite show doesn’t win. I think the competition will only serve to make things better. If you want to win then start writing better dramas.

Comment by Alan – July 20, 2012 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You have no freaking idea what i am trying to get at. The reason they are better is because they produce less episodes. I said it before and i will say it again, i would like to see Cable produce 22 episode seasons and keep up the quality that some broadcast dramas do. Its like comparing apples with oranges. There is a huge difference and that is what i am trying to point out. There is a massive difference between a Cable show and a Broadcast one. I mean even Downton, which is one of my favourites right now only gave us 8 episodes plus a Christmas one. I mean Revenge, Once, Grey’s etc all gave us 22 or more. If you picked the best 8 episodes of each of these shows then the quality is the same but because they have to break it up over longer, people say its not good enough. Sorry but there needs to be a split category here now. Under 12 episodes and over 12 episodes. Rant over!!!

Comment by greysfan – July 20, 2012 09:02 AM PDT
      • No. The problem is with the monopoly of big cable network productions like Downton Abbey and Mad Men (even agains smaller cable networks who produce EXCELLENT Emmy deserving shows like Justified, Southland, Sons of Anarchy. Great shows both …. but 1) this past season was not the best for either Downton Abbey or Mad Men, and 2) neither is worthy of ALL these nominations at the expense of other superior shows.

Comment by dolphinlights – July 19, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Technically Downton Abbey is from UK and not PBS and is on ITV. So its not cable. Don’t go calling Downton Abbey a cable drama.

Comment by greysfan – July 19, 2012 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No cable network has the kind of money that one of the big four networks has. Not. Even. Close. Not HBO, not Sho, not AMC, not any of them. The issue at hand is that the big 4 cannot outdo smaller cable networks with probably 3 or 4 times the money to invest. It could be because they have far more hours to fill any given night. I think it is a sad state of affairs when the networks that have so much money to spend on shows can’t come up with anything better than Glee or Crime Procedural #153. But then again, they aren’t interested in creating art. They are interested in creating big ratings so they can charge more for their ad time. The emmy’s should have to split the categories up to compensate for the network business model. They can either adapt or they can not get awards.

Comment by AJ – July 19, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • AJ you hit the nail on the head. As we all know high ratings do not equal quality. In fact, the two seem to be directly opposed. With a few exceptions, it seems that you can either make lots of money or you can make lots of awards but you can’t do both. The networks want to make money so they will continue to churn out very bland but very popular shows. The cable networks aren’t as dependant on advertising dollars as the networks are so they can focus on producing high quality works that won’t get them high ratings but will get them awards and publicity which is very important for them. (although, to be fair, there is a lot of crap on cable as well. Jersey Shore…I’m looking at you!)

Comment by April – July 20, 2012 04:26 AM PDT
  • I pretty much agree with you. I’d like to echo my No. 1 Pet Peeve … Justified was ROBBED!!

And add Alec Baldwin to the head scratching categoy. He needs to go away.

Comment by Dolphin – July 19, 2012 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Darren Criss, but Glee’s decision to bring his character of Blaine in and take over the show was a big mistake. It threw the whole chemistry of the show off, and the writing focused on a small group of now ungrateful fans who want even more than they’ve been given. I don’t think Glee will ever recover from Ryan Murphy’s terrible decisions of the past year and a half.

Comment by Laura Hum – July 19, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • downton abbey ladies indeed! i would never have dreamed joanne froggat would get a nomination, and look at her! nobody leaves anna in a corner (when her husband is on death row)!

Comment by cjeffery7 – July 19, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha! Love it. I couldn’t agree more!

Comment by Alan – July 20, 2012 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely delirious happy about all the Sherlock nominations, hope they clean up in all of the 13 categories it was nominated for!

Comment by Emma – July 19, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justified? Timothy Olyphant? How about Walton Goggins and Neal McDonough? Disappointing.

Comment by Grey – July 19, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be too busy watching all the incredible acting on the snubbed shows like Southland, Justified and Community to watch one second of the Emmy Awards.

Comment by Becky Vann – July 19, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I couldn’t agree more about Carrie Preston being snubbed. Her performances on The Good Wife have been truly fantastic. Martha Plimpton doesn’t deserve her slot.

Comment by TMW – July 19, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I love Carrie Preston, I always get overjoyed when Martha Plimpton guest stars. She’s hilarious!

Comment by A – July 19, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks and Rec not getting nominated for best comedy it’s just plain wrong.

Comment by andreia – July 19, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t expect any of my choices to actually make it since they were all long shots, but the Robert Carlyle snub stings. The man essentially plays three roles that are one man. All three separate but the same: the cowardly pre-curse Rumplestiltskin, the ruthless imp Rumplestiltskin, and then the menacing Mr. Gold. He’s the best thing about that show. Community is another one. What does Joel McHale have to do to get a nomination. I mean, come on, Jon Cryer…still!

Comment by Jo – July 19, 2012 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMC is one the best at producing original television. Unfortunately, the successes of Mad Men and Break Bad has overshadowed some equally great television shows, Walking Dead, Hells on Wheels, and The Killing when it comes to nomination time. Equally so, FX’s Justified did some great television, and on a lighter note, Archer. Not enough love going around.

Comment by Bill Blank – July 19, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another year and no John Noble. He should have been nominated the first year Fringe was on air! I can’t say much about the other people in the category but for Aaron Paul and Giancarlo Esposito, and I believe that John Noble is much better then either of them! (Not saying that they aren’t good, just that John Noble should have gotten a nom and since I can’t say anything about the other nominations, I would have prefered John Noble over them)

Comment by Kelsey Boeckermann – July 19, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is it that TVLine only ever supports Damon Wayons Jr and Casey Wilson for Happy Endings? The entire cast is great, as is the writing. And I agree about Parks/Rec. This past season was by far their best one, and that’s saying something, considering the show has become one of the funniest (and also most moving) shows around.

Comment by Matt – July 19, 2012 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great about Max Greenfield! Kaley should have been nominated by now..they all should!
    I’m pissed about Robert Carlyle not getting a nomination for his excellent work in Once Upon a Time.
    And can someone please explain to me how people from SNL are getting nods for best supporting actor or guest in a comedy when the show fall under best variety, music…it’s not nominated in The Best Comedy section so the people on that show shouldn’t qualify for that section. I don’t know anyone that thinks Kristin Wigg is all that.
    Community definitely deserves more recognition.

Comment by KC – July 19, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uggghhh! How can the Emmys look at John Noble’s acting/work without nominating him. That is just plain wrong in all universes.

Comment by Chris – July 19, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve given up on the emmy’s. None of the shows I enjoy are ever nominated. Guess they are what is referred to as precedural (sp) dramas and they don’t get the attention.
    I will say however I’m really surprised at no mention of Hugh Laurie. House was such a good show.

Comment by Joy – July 19, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD WAS SNUBBED!

Comment by Lauren – July 19, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Girls is the worst show on television. It’s disgusting that the praise from pseudo-intellectual critics (and paid for by HBO) resulted in this piece of garbage stealing a slot from a deserving show.

Comment by Kyle – July 19, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what about shameless?! damn!!! happy about game of thrones though.

Comment by Cristina Afonso – July 19, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I stopped caring about the Emmys last year when neither John Noble, Anna Torv, or Fringe in general was nominated. And lo and behold those idiots ignore them again. If they can’t accept that scifi is a celebrated and embraced genre in today’s television, then they don’t deserve to be an awards show. Let me know when the Emmys regain some credibility.

Comment by Suhara – July 19, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When did the Emmy’s ever have credibility?

Comment by April – July 20, 2012 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Biggest snubs IMO: All things Community (Though not really surprising. But I did jump on the couch in excitement over the Remedial Chaos Theory nod). I do think Katey Sagal got robbed, I am with you on that one. Kelsey Grammer (and that one was shocking to me), Dustin Hoffman, Mandy Patinkin, Kelly Macdonald (2 more shocks), Parks and Rec (what the hell happened there?) You know there’s no way Amy Poehler can win now if her show didn’t get a nod. Also snubbed, Nick F’ing Offerman. And that one was I surprised about because he had 22/1 odds. I’m sorry, but Max Greenfield does not have a fraction of the talent Danny Pudi, Nick Offerman, Jim Rash, and Donald Glover have and should never have gotten over it them. If you want to talk true scene stealers, then take a look at the work of John Benjamin Hickey on The Big C. He is also better than Greenfield. Jere Burns also got robbed for guest appearance on Justified, so did Lucy Liu for Southland, Louise Fletcher for Shameless. Shameless got the shaft in general. Good for Joan Cusack though. And I don’t really want to live in a world where Jon Cryer gets a nod over Joel Mchale.
    But there were a few happy surprises. Veep for best comedy I was not expecting. The snub of New Girl for best show was pretty awesome in my eyes. Lena Dunham and Girls are great choices. Edie Falco, happy surprise. So was Bobbie Cannavale for his guest spot on Nurse Jackie. I didn’t see that coming, but I’m so glad for it. He was great on that show. Jeremy Davies was a surprise, but I’m glad for it. Sure wish it had been Jere instead though. The two BEST surprises though that I would never have guessed could happen were Merritt Weaver and Jared Harris getting the Mad Men nod over Slattery. I’ve always been a fan of Jared on that show and felt he was underappreciated, and Merritt, she’s just so incredibly funny. Cant decide how I feel about the addition of Kathryn Joosten. She’s funny and stuff, but I would have preferred a Community lady get a nod. Good for Bill Hader for scoring a nod.

Things I am pleased as punch about and like to think I could see coming: The Louie writing nod for Pregnant, the Louie directing nod for Duckling (which is my all-time favorite episode of the show), Girls getting a writing and direction nod, The snub of Modern Family in the writing category. Mad Men’s Commission and Fees gets a writing nod! I was so happy about that. It was the one episode of any drama out there that I wanted to see get a writing nod. And I was really surprised to see Mad Men get 3 of the writing spots. Unfortunately with this news, I think they are probably a shoo in for best show. I was hoping Homeland would give them a run for their money, and they may yet still do it. But it doesn’t look good. Homeland may still get a direction win for the pilot. And here is my final happy dance nomination. Mad Men got a cinematography nod for The Phantom which is going to win. Do you remember how beautifully shot that episode was? I loved it. Finally, I know he had 100/1 odds, but I totally picked Jon Hamm for his guest appearance on 30 Rock. That was hysterical. I hope he wins.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 19, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Had no idea Curb Your Enthusiasm was still even on. Travesty that Parks and Rec wasn’t nominated.

Comment by Jessica – July 19, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Glee but I’m glad it wasn’t nominated, the writing was so bad and Finchel sucked ass. But I think Naya and Max Adler deserved to be nominated, esp Naya on the lesbian story line. Simon and Kaley from TBBT were robbed and why Modern Family dudes in 1 category. I love the she-version of Sheldon, but Penny’s scenes with Shelly are the best, don’t get me wrong, I love Mayim.

Comment by lovesglee – July 19, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know why I am surprised when sci fi, fantasy and family shows get over looked all the time but I guess I still hope to see it change. Psych, Fringe, Once Upon a Time deserved some nods as did Community.

Comment by Patti – July 19, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that the following were snubbed:

-Shamless for best drama and Emmy Rossum
    -Happy Endings for comedy and the entire cast
    - Maddiline Stowe for Revenge

Comment by Gogo – July 19, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • get frustrated every year. its always the same shows. what happened to once upon a time or fringe? great jobs on both of those shows. emmy people make me mad!

Comment by tracey – July 19, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • walking deadis entertaining but doesnt deserve major nods…and dont diss harry’s law…i love katey sagal and think she should’ve been nominated (extend the category likenthe comedy one) but leave kathy bates, her and harrys law was great….also , all the comedy nominations are a complete joke…same with the variety leaving out the late late show and reality leaving out ru paul bit keeping utterly boring ryan seacrest and past its prime dancing with the stars

Comment by courtland – July 19, 2012 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone explain to me why they never give USA shows any nominations? White Collar? Psych? Suits? I mean these are awesome shows right here.

Comment by A – July 19, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have no idea. Monk was the last thing to get a nomination off USA (I believe), but White Collar really could use some love and Suits is really cool so far.

Comment by Brandon – July 19, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with ALL of Michael’s Snappy Judgements. ALL OF THEM.

Comment by Roma Kong – July 19, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOOO many things I am upset about.
    1. Although House wasn’t at its prime in its last season, Hugh Laurie was still brilliant and totally deserved a nomination for season 8. Especially the series finale. His work during the building fire scene was great.

2. Even though it was better than season 2, Season 3 of Glee was crap. That being said though, they had some of the most powerful storylines and acting this season. The scene between Rachel and Finn in the car when he tells her she has to get on the train was heartbreaking. And Max Adler and Naya Rivera did a fantastic job delivering heartfelt performances despite terrible writing. Glee definitely deserved more love for its actors.

3. Really Modern Family. REALLY? I’m sorry, but I just don’t think that show is funny AT ALL any more. In fact, I have always thought that it was very overrated. Sofia Vergara is very funny and it was cute in its beginning, but I find myself laughing rarely anymore and its plotlines are just getting more and more ridiculous. Definitely did not deserve as many nominations as it did. Especially with its men. Could’ve left so much more room for more deserving actors like….

4. NICK OFFERMAN. My blood seriously boiled seeing that he got snubbed. Parks and Rec is definitely the funniest show on television right now and Ron Swanson is the most complex, endearing, hilarious character on the show. I don’t get why Parks and Rec doessn’t get the love it deserves when its so much funnier than 30 Rock, Community, and Modern Family. Also, ADAM SCOTT. He was so great with Ben’s supporting role, and his work as Leslie’s campaign manager was hilarious in the show’s best season by far.

5. Also really upset that Happy Endings didn’t get any love. Eliza Coupe is ridiculously hilarious on that show, and that show has only gotten better every season. Far better than Modern Family. Shows like Happy Endings and P&R are shows that are much more consistently funny than Modern Family and its billion nominations. They totally deserve some respect.

Overall, I’m just really upset at the stupid shows that one over that actually good shows on television. (REALLY, nominations for Two Broke Girls? that show is terrible.) Thats why they have People’s Choice I guess…

Comment by Ale – July 19, 2012 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • goodness, I must have missed reading that. Two Broke Girls has a nomination? That is the most stupid show I’ve seen on TV

Comment by Joy – July 19, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No John Noble, Robert Carlyle, Hugh Laurie, Michael Emerson, Lena Headey, Maisie Williams, Madeleine Stowe, or Lana Parrilla? Looks like it’s all Mad Men and Modern Family again. Pass.

Comment by Brandon – July 19, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy about Mayim Bialik-who is brilliant! Also super happy about all of the American Horror Story, Homeland, and Downton Abbey noms, and Giancarlo Esposito for Breaking Bad. Would have liked to have seen a nom for Scott Wilson from The Walking Dead.

Comment by Meredith – July 19, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So tired of seeing the overrated Mad Men on this list when Justified, SOA, The Walking Dead, Southland, and Fringe get screwed over. Really hoping Homeland cleans up.

Comment by jrudez – July 19, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Jake Johnson. No John Noble. No Damon Wayans, Jr. No Katey Segal. No Anna Chlumsky. No Jon Bernthal. No Nick Offerman or Christ Pratt. No Regina King, Michael Cudlitz, or Shawn Hatosy. No Joel McHale, Donald Glover, Danny Pudi, Jim Rash, Allison Brie, or Community.

So basically, I’m left rooting for Amy Poehler, Max Greenfield, and every one of Sherlock’s nods (though they still managed to snub Lara Pulver). What are the Emmy voters on?

Comment by Courtney – July 19, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking at the list of categories, I think they need to add a new one: THE B.S. AWARD.

Unfortunately since the Emmy voting people are the only qualified group for this award, it’s unlikely to ever happen

Comment by Richard Katze – July 19, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only shows I watch, True Blood, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead & Sons of Anarchy were all but snubbed completely this year. So I plan to snub the Emmy’s this year.
    I’m sick of the way they operate. Mad Men? Snooze fest. As are the rest of the ones they rave about. No thanks!

Comment by kimberlyinoklahoma580 – July 19, 2012 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post