Exclusive

First Look: Mob Doctor Jordana Spiro Has Blood on Her Hands

The Mob Doctor is in… over her head. And TVLine has a first look at the key art for the new Fox drama.

RELATED | Fringe and Oz Alums Make Appointment With The Mob Doctor

Premiering Monday, Sept. 17, at 9/8c, Mob Doctor stars Jordana Spiro (My Boys) as Grace Devlin, a top-notch Chicago surgeon who finds herself doing the bidding of a South Side crime lord as payback for a debt incurred by her sketchy brother (played by Jesse Lee Soffer, As the World Turns).

From the looks of this poster, Grace, no matter her best intentions, will forever be looking over her shoulder as she saves lives — and is occasionally “asked” to (gulp) not save them — on behalf of the big, bad Constantine Alexander (Boardwalk Empire‘s William Forsythe).

Rounding out the cast are Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights), Zeljko Ivanek (Damages), Floriana Lima (Glory Daze), Jaime Lee Kirchner (Mercy) and Wendy Makkena (NCIS).

Check out the poster here, and scroll down to watch the trailer for The Mob Doctor.

1. “Grace, no matter her best intentions, will be forever be ” remove one of the “be”s. Looks cool.

2. Sam says:

The poster art is cool, but i need this to be a serial. I simply cannot stomach another network procedural, especially with an idea this full of potential.

• George says:

If they were telling pulply crime stories and she was a doctor who had losses her medical license could see that same potential. It basically a generic procedural that won’t make it to mid season. The Chicago Code had better use of a Chicago backdrop but now that title has passed on to Boss which is not even half as good as The Chicago Code.

3. Mary F says:

Still miss “My Boys” but “New Girl” helps.

• Baltimorehon says:

I miss My Boys too. Jordana will forever be P.J. New Girls on the other hand is a copycat of My Boys. Mob Doctor looks very interesting. I hope it is good as it looks.

4. This is definitely on top of my list of most anticipated shows of this fall, this show is tied with Revolution

5. c-mo says:

Definitely looking forward to this show and seeing Jordana Spiro again…even though I wish it was in a revival of My Boys!

• Baltimorehon says:

c-mo, I couldn’t agree with you more. I find it ironic that her new show is set in Chicago as her old show My Boys. Don’t expect for the feel good sports references in this one. I don’t think this is that type of show for it.

6. Cassie says:

I’m excited to read the first impression review when the time comes. It’s set in Chicago, which means we should be treated to an occasional Chicago Cubs reference from her character as a nod to “My Boys” fans.

7. Isabelle says:

I want to see this but fox always cancels their shows too quick. I’m still all these years hurt about dark angel and fastlane. I hope this show does good and if renewed then I’ll watch. I won’t let fox play my emotions.

8. Sarah says:

I will watch anything with Zach Gilford in it.

9. mia says:

I’ll see if this show makes it past season one (it won’t) then maybe I’ll watch. Been burned too many times by networks, I’m not checking out anything new this season.

10. notsouthside says:

On the south side of Chicago anything can happen, unless, you are filming on the far North side… dun dun dun!