Emmys

Eye on Emmy: Key Art Unveiled — Who Do You Want to See Score a Nod on Thursday?

Emmy nominations are less than 48 hours away, and the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences is revving up the buzz machine by releasing the official key art for the Sept. 23 ceremony.

And we are embedding the poster below largely for two reasons — to remind you to set your alarms for 8:30 am/EST Thursday, and to solicit your last minute dream nods.

RELATED | Our Dream Emmy Nominees

So view the artwork below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: If you could pick one show or performer you’d like to see recognized on Thursday, who (or what) would it be?

Ready, set, go.

1. Emily says:

Parks and Recreation, Amy Poehler, Nick Offerman, Girls, and John Noble (a girl can dream).

2. ESS says:

- Modern Family
    – Amy Poehler
    – Jim Parsons
    – Sofia Vergara
    – Ed O’Neil

3. Tania says:

John Noble

4. kimberly says:

Sons of Anarchy – Best Drama
    Katey Segal – Lead Actress
    Charlie Hunnam – Lead Actor
    Maggie Siff – Supporting Actress

5. hershey says:

Seriously, i want JOHN NOBLE to win. Or at least give Fringe an Emmy. That show deserves it!

6. Kristen says:

Jennifer Morrison

7. karo says:

The emmys again, didn`t we vote allready for our dream-nomination? I say Hugh Laurie and Robert Sean Leonard, Robert Carlyle,John Noble, Jennifer Morrison, Anna Torv. The depressing thing is none of them will get nominated. :(((

I hope that at least Community gets some love!

8. Carmen says:

Katey Sagal and Emmy Rossum!

9. amberjj says:

sandra oh!

10. courtland says:

parks & rec, community, archer, john noble and anna torv..louie..NO GLEE. kathy nates for harrys law, claire danes, lena headey and christina hendricks…also the late late show with craig ferguson deserves a variety emmy….fallon ,leno, conan and letterman have nothing on ferguson.

11. lljd says:

Sandra Oh.

12. T Casullo says:

SHERLOCK!

13. Maura Tierney for her arc on ‘Rescue Me’ She already should have gotten an Emmy for several performances on ER.

14. GeoDiva says:

Anyone from Fringe and the show itself!

15. jbkr73 says:

Timothy Olyphant!

16. rike says:

MAURA TIERNEY!
    because of ALL THE REASONS!

17. Tracy says:

Stana Katic

18. THawk13 says:

Jason Isaacs

19. Lili says:

Rico Rodriguez from Modern Family!!!

20. BabyFirefly says:

Cat Deely

21. Brenda says:

Once Upon A Time and/or Ginnifer Goodwin

22. sarah says:

Sandra Oh deserves it the most this season!!! Its her year!!!

23. Yibbet says:

Cheryl Hines for “Suburgatory”.

24. Angela says:

Ooh, also, for the variety/music program category, it’d be really nice to see Craig Ferguson get some recognition finally.

25. ingmarhappy says:

Ellen Pompeo has been underrated since the start of Grey’s and I honestly think she deserves a nod. I don’t even need to see her win, but a nod is something she deserves. I don’t like how each year the same actresses/actors are getting nominated while so many other talents are being overlooked ( John Noble / Lauren Graham as a few other examples ). But if I had to choose one it would be Ellen Pompeo. I adore her work and I think she should be rewarded for it.

Desperate Housewives had better times but it had so much influence for network TV that I think they should get a nod aswell ; for best comedy. But that’s just me.

Other names I am thrilled about are Archie Panjabi ( TGW ), Julianne Marguilles ( TGW ), but these 2 have a high chance of being nominated so that’s good. Another favorite is Kyra Sedgwick for The Closer and Anna Paquin for True Blood.

26. Domenica says:

I desperately want Megan Hilty and Nick Offerman to be recognized.

27. Annie says:

If I could only choose one dream nod it’d be, hands down, without a doubt, Community for Best Comedy.
    I have a million dream nods, but Community is #1.

28. Juan says:

If I had to choose one I would do Ellen Pompeo because she was herat with the adoption this season and it is just horrible that she has never been nominated, if not her then Courtney Cox cause how the hell did she never get nominated for friends and right now for Cougar Town which is so amazing and funny, others are Sandra Oh, Lana Parrilla, Cat Deeley, Robert Carlyle, Revenge, and A few more

29. Susanne says:

Maura Tierney truly deserve an Emmy. It is beyond me that she still has not recieved one previous years. The way she embrace every single character she take on is breathtaking. She does it in such a moving and realistic way. Her arc on ‘Rescue Me’ was something extraordinary. It takes a lot of strenghts to portray a lifechanging event like that. Although it would be sad to see that one would have to adapt a personal matter on screen to finally recieve an Emmy. On the other hand it would be even more sad if such circumstances would’t give her an Emmy. Because if not, when will true talent ever be recognised? This year must be her year!!!

30. aleks says:

Happy Endings and the whole cast! Madeleine Stowe!!!!

31. ........................................... says:

f’ the emmys…carrell never won; laurie never won…F UCK THE EMMYS :)

32. ILoveEllen says:

Ellen Pompeo deserves it more than anyone else!!!

33. Jon says:

Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation)
    Madeleine Stowe (Revenge)
    Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation)
    Ty Burrell (Modern Family)
    Christina Hendricks (Mad Men)

34. Snsetblaze says:

Colin Ferguson for Eureka in the comedy category. Besides having some great lines and reacitons, he is fantastic at physical comedy which you really don’t see much today. He also plays the straight man at times well. Plus, this is the show’s last year.

Melissa RAusch and Mayim Baylick and Johnny Galecki for the Big BangTheory.

Paul Rudd for guesting on Parks and Rec.

Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman, Parks & Rec.

The entire cast of Breaking Bad with the exception of the kid who plays the son and the sister in law.

35. Stephanie says:

Yvonne Strahovski! But I heard the Chuck people didn’t even submit her this year. So maybe next year for Dexter :)

36. kevinc says:

lena dunham for sure

37. Max says:

Chloë Sevigny. I mean after 5 snubs for Big Love they better give her a nod for L&O: SVU.

38. Kelly says:

Max Adler for Best Guest Star. Glee has become a giant piece of crap, but Max deserves a nom.

39. Nabil Mazidi says:

The People who deserve an Emmy Nomination the most are
    Amy Poehler, Zooey Deschanel, Joel McHale, Jim Parsons, Adam Scott, Aubrey Plaza, Allison Brie, Mayam Bialik, Nick Offerman, Danny Pudi, Max Greenfield, Ed O’Neill,
    Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Julianna Margulies, Kerry Washington, Bryan Cranston, Christine Baranski, Sandra Oh, Archie Panjabi, Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle, Giancarlo Esposito, Josh Charles, Alan Cumming. The shows that deserve an Emmy Nomination the most are; Parks and Recreation, Community, New Girl, The Big Bang Theory, Once Upon a Time, The Good Wife, Scandal, Breaking Bad

40. Dawn says:

Sandra Oh hands down. She’s always fantastic but this past season was freaking unbelievable. It sometimes hurt to watch her scenes you felt her pain so much. Absolutely awesome performances year!!!

41. Dawn says:

Sandra Oh hands down. She’s always fantastic but this past season was freaking unbelievable. It sometimes hurt to watch her scenes you felt her pain so much. Absolutely awesome performances this year!!!!

42. Danielle H says:

Hmm.. even though I don’t watch anymore John Noble probably deserves his due.

43. Red says:

Evan Peters from American Horror Story. Happy Endings in some capacity hopefully. In dream land: Castle. Stana Katic with PTSD…wowzer.

44. Britta Unfiltered says:

I know this will be terribly original of me to say, but I pick Community as the best comedy of the year. It’s the funniest and most original show I’ve seen since a young Arrested Development. Only Louie truly comes close to its perfection. And if Community doesn’t get nominated, for the love of all that’s holy, please nominate Danny Pudi. I’m going to cry if I get online on Thursday and see that Max Greenfield got it over Danny. New Girl really isn’t that good of a show. It’s extremely overrated as are all its actors.

45. Paula says:

Definately MAURA TIERNEY! Come on, she’s been rocking television for ages and never received such credit she really deserves!
    She’s amazing in every role she plays, but her ‘RESCUE ME’ performance worths an Emmy this year!
    Go go Maura!

46. This says:

Homeland, Damian Lewis, Claire Danes. Sherlock, Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman. I know it’s more likely that only Benedict Cumberbatch will get a acting nomination for Sherlock, but I’d like to see Martin Freeman break through awards-wise on this side of the pond as well. He was a major part of the reason The Reichenbach Fall was so devastating.

47. sam says:

Revenge, Breaking Bad and the good wife. Jake johnson on New girl. Would love Castle, but it’s already so crowded.

48. Jon says:

Justified, Hell On Wheels
    Parks & Rec
    Jake Johnson, Charlie Day

49. Katy says:

Max Greenfield, New Girl – supporting actor, comedy
    Silas Weir Mitchell, Grimm – supporting actor, drama
    Courtney Cox, Cougar Town – actress, comedy (and this is more that she should have been nominated many times before.
    Max Adler, Glee – guest star

Those are just my top choices for who would tickle me if they got nominated. Of course I don’t think I’ll be upset if none of them happen seeing as I’m still on a Kyle Chandler win-high from last year! LOL!

50. Mindy says:

Benedict Cumberbatch! He was absolutely brilliant in “Sherlock”!

(And I figure this nomination has more of a chance of happening than John Noble.)

Also, I am not getting up at 5:30am to see these. Emmy nominations are not kind to west coast residents.