Comic-Con

Dave Annable Cheers His New 666 Park Avenue Address, Jeers Brothers & Sisters' Non-Finale

ABC’s 666 Park Avenue, premiering this fall (Sundays at 10/9c), may be a bit scary and supernatural-themed, but for Dave Annable it marks a chance to show off his pearly whites.

“It was the first time I’ve gotten to smile in five years,” the actor jokes in TVLine’s Comic-Con suite, alluding to his run as Brothers & Sisters‘ always-anxious Justin. “The note they gave me in the pilot was, ‘Every line you say, say with a smile.'”

In 666 Park, Annable plays Henry Martin, a NYC mayor’s office hot shot who, with his honey Jane (Grey’s Anatomy‘s Rachael Taylor), moves into an Upper East Side apartment building where they will double as the managers. Terry O’Quinn (Lost) plays the owner of The Drake, Vanessa Williams (Ugly Betty) his wife.

“It’s the big league” of ensembles again, raves Annable, who also was in very fine company on B&S.

RELATED | Brothers & Sisters Exclusive: Find Out What Would’ve Happened to the Walkers in Season 6

Speaking of his former ABC series, Annable counts himself among those who felt cheated out of the rumored 13-episode final season that ultimately didn’t materialize. “If they had let us know [Season 5 was the end], the writers would have taken a different approach,” he says, “and write a series finale instead of a season finale.”

Press play below for more of Annable’s thoughts on that, his new 666 Park address and moving himself and actress-wife Odette Annable (House) across country for his new gig.

1. Jesse says:

I’m still holding out hope for a proper Brothers & Sisters finale. *SIGH*, I should let it go, but I just can’t :-/

2. TheDude says:

His wife is hot.

3. Jaime says:

I just love him. So much.

4. Jake says:

He is really such a great actor

5. Drew says:

Was there really a lot left unsaid with B&S? The final episode seemed pretty fitting to me… then again, it’s not like I considered the show a nail-biter to begin with.

• tim says:

It’s a show that ran for 5 years, such shows should get a proper ending.

• Courtney says:

Well Sarah just found out she had a bunch of siblings, so they could have been met.. and Kitty was going to have a baby- even though that could have been really dangerous for her (and I think a producer or someone said *spoiler* would have died during child birth or something) so it’s not like there was a whole lot left, but they did plant seeds for more things to happen, and I for one wish they did.

• Drew says:

I guess. But then again, in a show like this you’re going to have the same problem whenever you end it, unless you kill everyone off. It was a family drama, and as long as there is a family there will be drama. How do you end that properly? You can send people to live elsewhere but then you’re just opening more stories. If it wasn’t about a family they could just go their own ways and that would be the end of their connection, but family doesn’t end just because you live somewhere else.

• Courtney says:

Yeah, but if they knew they weren’t coming back then they could have not thrown a Kitty pregnancy in, or say that Sarah was more siblings. I just think if they got the chance, they wouldn’t have left things open. Of course we know families in real life keep growing, but if given the chance on a TV show, you can wrap it up better.

• Ben says:

You obviously haven’t seen the end of Six Feet Under, which is the ultimate family drama… And which had the most amazing series finale ever, including a proper ending for all the characters.
          … Woops, you’ve said “unless you kill everyone off”, so you might have seen this series finale.
          My bad !

• Courtney says:

We could have also seen Justin and Tyler’s romance fully come to be.

6. tim says:

I love Dane Annabelle, such a charismatic actor — actually first saw him in the FOX tv show Reunion — in which every year was a year in this group of friends life where one ended up murdering another — that never got resolved because Fox cancelled the show.

• Annie says:

I still wonder about who killed Sam in that show! I actually really liked it.

• Joe says:

The creator of the show gave an interview after the show was cancelled and said that it would have turned out that none of the 5 remaining friends was the murderer. It was actually the grown daughter of the victim who did it. At the time the show was cancelled, she was still only a little girl, but she’d have an angry teen (I guess) by the time the murder took place.

• Annie says:

Really? Wow. The daughter was the one she had with Will (I think that’s his name, the one who ended up being a priest) right? It seems odd they went through all of that trouble to cover it up (Chyler Leigh’s character throwing the gun into the river) and all of those cryptic messages they kept finding.

7. kim says:

Cannot wait to see the reunion of sorts of brothers and sisters alum on Sundays — Emily van camp on Revenge at 9 and Dave Annabelle at 10.

8. kim says:

**Annable

9. Marjorie says:

Glad someone else remembered Reunion. Thanks for sharing how it was going to end I always wondered.

10. I’ve been browsing on-line more than 3 hours as of late,
    but I never discovered any interesting article like yours.

It is beautiful price sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and
    bloggers made excellent content as you did, the net shall be much more helpful than ever before.