Comic-Con

Dax Shepard on Directing Love Kristen Bell, New Scenes With Parenthood 'Best Bud' Mae Whitman

Dax Shepard is a busy man. Not only did he write, co-direct, and star in the new film Hit and Run (due Aug. 24) alongside fiancée Kristen Bell, but he’s set to start shooting Season 4 of NBC’s Parenthood this Monday. Plus, he found time to stop by TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite to dish both projects and crack a number of jokes both wacky and inappropriate.

What’s the one thing Shepard does faster than everyone except Tyler Perry? Which of his recent costars has “a terrible odor about her”? What Parenthood intel did he only learn during the course of this interview? Press play below to find out!

And for up-to-the-minute alerts to all of TVLine’s Comic-Con coverage, follow me on Twitter @MichaelAusiello.

Loading video...

Comments (11)

• Love Parenthood! I was actually in the midst of rewatching Season 1 when this article came up. And Dax Shepard is so good on it! Next to acting heavyweights like Peter Krause and Craig T. Nelson I never expected him to be as excellent as they are, but he is!

Comment by DL – July 15, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s not very good looking, but I find him extremely attractive. He isn’t a great actor(I’m not saying that he’s a bad one either) but I find him to be charasmatic and intriguing onscreen. I groaned a bit when I heard that he was going to be on the show and now I find him to be one of my favorite characters. Stop screwing with my head, Dax.

Comment by Michael – July 15, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it appears ausiello has been enjoying some icecream bars and heaps of strawberry quik. the lbs add up, gurlfriend.

Comment by shlomo – July 15, 2012 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And you’ve been neglecting your midol, cut back on the bitch bars.

Comment by KriV – July 15, 2012 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • … maybe I am overly sensitive due to my own dog dying, but I did not care AT ALL for the dead dog rape joke. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Can’t wait for parenthood being back. Love Mae Whiteman, I think it’s great that she gets a new job, but I sincerely hoped that would open the door for a love story with that sweet politician… Where did he go?

Comment by astrid – July 16, 2012 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW CANT WAIT!!!!!

Comment by Sher Delling – July 16, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for parenthood to come back it’s my favorite show .

Comment by Ashley – July 16, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood? What can I say, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Comment by Beth – July 16, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Dax!!

Comment by Chrissy – July 17, 2012 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood is the greatest. Both of my grown daughters and I look forward to each episode and can’t wait for the next one to start. Keep up the good work. An excellent show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by ljunesk – July 17, 2012 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SEASON 4!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Comment by SME – July 24, 2012 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post