Comic-Con

Dax Shepard on Directing Love Kristen Bell, New Scenes With Parenthood 'Best Bud' Mae Whitman

Dax Shepard is a busy man. Not only did he write, co-direct, and star in the new film Hit and Run (due Aug. 24) alongside fiancée Kristen Bell, but he’s set to start shooting Season 4 of NBC’s Parenthood this Monday. Plus, he found time to stop by TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite to dish both projects and crack a number of jokes both wacky and inappropriate.

What’s the one thing Shepard does faster than everyone except Tyler Perry? Which of his recent costars has “a terrible odor about her”? What Parenthood intel did he only learn during the course of this interview? Press play below to find out!

And for up-to-the-minute alerts to all of TVLine’s Comic-Con coverage, follow me on Twitter @MichaelAusiello.

Loading video...

1. DL says:

Love Parenthood! I was actually in the midst of rewatching Season 1 when this article came up. And Dax Shepard is so good on it! Next to acting heavyweights like Peter Krause and Craig T. Nelson I never expected him to be as excellent as they are, but he is!

2. Michael says:

He’s not very good looking, but I find him extremely attractive. He isn’t a great actor(I’m not saying that he’s a bad one either) but I find him to be charasmatic and intriguing onscreen. I groaned a bit when I heard that he was going to be on the show and now I find him to be one of my favorite characters. Stop screwing with my head, Dax.

3. shlomo says:

it appears ausiello has been enjoying some icecream bars and heaps of strawberry quik. the lbs add up, gurlfriend.

4. astrid says:

… maybe I am overly sensitive due to my own dog dying, but I did not care AT ALL for the dead dog rape joke. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Can’t wait for parenthood being back. Love Mae Whiteman, I think it’s great that she gets a new job, but I sincerely hoped that would open the door for a love story with that sweet politician… Where did he go?

5. Sher Delling says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SHOW CANT WAIT!!!!!

6. Ashley says:

I can’t wait for parenthood to come back it’s my favorite show .

7. Beth says:

Parenthood? What can I say, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

8. Chrissy says:

Love Dax!!

9. ljunesk says:

Parenthood is the greatest. Both of my grown daughters and I look forward to each episode and can’t wait for the next one to start. Keep up the good work. An excellent show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. SME says: