Comic-Con

True Blood's Joe Manganiello Breaks Down That Infamous Sookie-Alcide Sex Scene

True Blood fans who’d been wishing and hoping for a Sookie-Alcide sex scene got a lot more than they’d bargained for when the super sexy duo hooked up early in Season 5. The man behind the latter character, Joe Manganiello, stopped by TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite to talk specifically about what “came up” during that infamous interlude — and how exactly he felt when it happened.

RELATED | True Blood Season Finale Death Watch: ‘Our Sets Were Covered in Blood’

Plus, Manganiello and co-star Kristin Bauer talk Blood-y bloopers, cryptic codes and Manganiello’s life since Magic Mike. A key exchange: “I think I pretty much dry-humped every daytime talk show host in New York City.” “Who hasn’t?”

Press play below for Manganiello’s play-by-play, then hit the comments with your thoughts. And for more scoopy good Comic-Con video interviews, follow me on Twitter @MichaelAusiello.

Comments (8)

• I would Love to see that blooper reel, sounds great.
    I can’t wait to see the rest of the season! There are a lot of story lines going on, but I am loving it :-)

Comment by JFrizzle – July 14, 2012 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These interviews are way too short. It should be at least 5 minutes for each guest.

Comment by Lili – July 14, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Alcide/Sookie romance will continue ? I’m a bit relieved after the Comic con trailer! (Seeing Bill with Sookie again is nightmare, same for Alcide with another wolfgirl!)

Comment by ripleyaeryn – July 14, 2012 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the lines gotta be something to do with lois and clark ie see 5:06 “SUPER obvious clue”

Comment by fiona – July 14, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joe Manganiello is CRAZY hot.

Comment by Florence – July 14, 2012 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um there are no words to describe how hot he is. I die!

Comment by rachelle – July 15, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I knowwwwwww… ug.

Comment by Danielle H – July 18, 2012 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m seriously considering a career change. For some reason, NYC talk show host is really calling to me at the moment.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – July 19, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post