Comic-Con

The Community Crew (Mae West Included!) Talks Season 4′s Big Change, Stunt-Casts Jeff's Dad

Get More: Comic-Con, Interviews, Video

When a quorum of Community cast members stopped by TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite, the first order of business was to address the “elephant in the room” – that is, the big change the beloved NBC comedy must deal with going into Season 4.

Though Joel McHale, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie and Gillian Jacobs at first tried to dance around the issue, McHale finally stepped forth to confirm it: “They’re going to bring more color into Gillian’s costumes.”

RELATED | Community @ Comic-Con: New Bosses Promise They ‘Won’t Screw It Up!’

But seriously… the cast showed themselves to be excited about new showrunners Moses Port and David Guarascio, whom they just recently had formally met for the first time. “They are great guys and very funny,” said McHale, who worked on a pilot with the duo a few years back.

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Enrolls Community’s Joel McHale to Play a [Spoiler]!

Also in this video: Mae West (or a facsimile thereof) makes the occasional cameo as the quad stunt-cast Jeff’s to-be-introduced dad (sometimes with an actual stuntman), tease “confrontation and tension” for the Greendale 7 and tout Chevy Chase for an Emmy. And hey, what’s Joel doing to our nice pillow?!

Loading video...

Comments (30)

• I love this cast. I hope Community gets a Emmy nomination. PopPopComicCon SixSeasonsAndAMovie

Comment by anik (@11starthestral) – July 14, 2012 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stunt cast it with a stuntman? Lee Majors.

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 14, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was Admiral Slaughter, the Greendale sailing teacher.

Comment by sindella – July 14, 2012 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh, that’s right! I forgot. How about the other guy from Fall Guy? What was his name?

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 14, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • HIs name was NotasfamousasAdrianZmed.

Which is a hell of thing to live with.

Comment by howie troll – July 14, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Funny thing, the name I was looking for came to me like 20 seconds before I saw your reply. The actor’s name was Douglas Barr. Zmed was TJ Hooker’s partner and the antagonist in Grease 2, btw.

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 14, 2012 01:30 PM PDT
    • Lee Majors was exactly who I thought of!

Comment by Jill – July 14, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be fair, according to the leaked manifesto, the cast and crew HAVE to say they’re looking forward to working with the new showrunners.

Comment by Larry FP – July 14, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Snore.

Comment by Lauren – July 14, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What are Sony going to do? Fire half the cast? Brie and McHale have both been fairly candid on the topic (they wish Harmon wasn’t fired, they don’t really know what will happen going forward). Brown is always optimistic and Jacobs is just always adorably awkward, so their responses have been consistent too.

I suspect they’re choosing to be positive because they hope it’s good, they really love their jobs, and it’s the professional thing to do. They haven’t seen a script yet and they’ve barely talked to the new show-runners (barring McHale on the pilot), so they know about as much as we do.

Comment by Oliver – July 14, 2012 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, yeah, it doesn’t help your show if you go around saying, “Yeah, these changes totally suck and we hate what’s happening.”-of course people will put out good comments. But I also think they aren’t just saying that stuff just because, I think their feelings are genuine. Joel knows them from past experience as well, so it’s not like he’s just being nice for the sake of it.

Anywho, my god, what a goofy, bubbly, funny bunch. They’re right, too, about the fans-I’ll certainly be tuning in on Fridays. Whatever helps. Good luck with the new showrunners, I hope things turn out well for everyone.

And Emmy nominations are next week? Ooh. Fingers crossed for these guys.

Comment by Angela – July 16, 2012 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This cast is so perfect!

Comment by M – July 14, 2012 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, I think I’m about to develop nystagmus because I can’t pick – who do I look at? Gillian! Alison! Gillian! Alison! Alison! Gillian!

My eyeballs are going crazy. >.<

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – July 14, 2012 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re both so beautiful. Such bright clothing they were wearing, too!

Comment by Angela – July 16, 2012 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know the best candidate to play William Winger: Michael Keaton

Comment by Cameron – July 14, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I laughed so hard at Joel’s cheeky grin into the camera as he pretend-vandalized the pillow.

Comment by Dale – July 14, 2012 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved that, too. So devilish and so cute.

Comment by Angela – July 16, 2012 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So adorable this cast!!! Haha Mae West, I love you Ausiello for always asking about Jeff and Annie. I know I can count on you.

Comment by Lee – July 14, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know!!! I love that he ALWAYS asks about Jeff and Annie!!! :)
      I wish they were serious about that part though :’(
      Troy/Britta shippers are new, most of us Jeff/Annie shippers have been wanting them together since season 1

Comment by Lisa – July 15, 2012 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wish they were serious about it too, but as they said at the beggining of the video, they just met the new showrunners so they don’t know much about the new season. Hopefully their jokes will be real.

Comment by Luz – July 15, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love them both and their characters, and the show. but I honestly hate Jeff/Annie as a couple like… a lot, I hope it never happens. (but it probably will)

Comment by lana – July 18, 2012 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. They’ve done too much with the Jeff/Annie thing to just let it go, and they just work together.

I find it funny that some people get up in arms about the 13 year age diff. between Jeff/Annie, but I’ve never heard anyone protest when it comes to Troy/Britta, who have a 10 year, or close to it, age difference. Double standard anyone?

Annie is going on 22. Time to give up the age difference crap.

Comment by Ashley – September 2, 2012 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, this show.

Comment by Raksha – July 15, 2012 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish I could see it, but this video file won’t play on an iPad. :-(

Comment by Ck – July 15, 2012 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Jeff and Annie are gonna have sex or what?

Comment by kk – July 15, 2012 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • God no! ew ew ew

Comment by florence – July 18, 2012 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope so.

Comment by M – July 27, 2012 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • annie’s pretty young, we try not sexualise her.

Comment by zzzz – August 9, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lame. Since when do they try not to sexualize Annie? She’s been sexualized a lot in S3. She’s a 21 year old woman ffs, not a child. The quotes from S1 are annoying.

Comment by Ashley – September 2, 2012 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second the hope so. They’ve done too many hints and build up with those two long enough. Time to give it a chance.

Comment by Ashley – September 2, 2012 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post