Comic-Con

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog to Air on The CW

Get More: Comic-Con, News

Move over, Serena, Blair, Dan and Chuck. Dr. Horrible, Penny, Captain Hammer and Bad Horse are coming to The CW.

At San Diego Comic-Con Friday, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog co-creator Joss Whedon – who was there on behalf of a little indie project he directed called The Avengers — said the network would air his three-act musical sometime in the near future.

RELATEDFirefly Reunion @ Comic-Con: Shiny-Happy Memories, Much Serenity and So Many Tears

For those who haven’t had “A Man’s Gotta Do” memorized for years: The miniseries, created during the 2008 Writers Guild of America strike, stars How I Met Your Mother’s Neil Patrick Harris as the titular doc, an unconfident young man whose alter ego is a maniacal wannabe evil mastermind. Felicia Day (Eureka) is the woman he secretly worships, and Nathan Fillion (Castle) is the nemesis who actually gets the girl.

Though the project streamed for free online and was later sold as a DVD, it never made it to broadcast television – until now.

Comments (23)

• YESSSS!!!!!! Now we need the sequel!

Comment by Adrian – July 13, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is one of my favorite things in the entire universe.

Comment by CJ – July 13, 2012 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I am SOOOOOOOO excited about this!!!!!!!!!! I have it on DVD but I wanna see it on TV! Thank you CW! You just won happy points with me!!!

Comment by Julie (@CDNspnFAN) – July 13, 2012 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEAH!!!!!

Comment by RUCookie – July 13, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!!

Comment by Kristina – July 13, 2012 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can it win a second Emmy after airing on regular TV?

Comment by WayneInNYC – July 13, 2012 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually wondered this myself. I don’t know how the rules would work there (especially since it’s pretty unlikely anything airing on The CW would be nominated in a major Emmy category) but one can always hope!

Comment by J. – July 14, 2012 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • very exciting! to me it’s Felicia Day (The Guild) and Nathan Fillion (Firefly)….. Will love to watch this again.

Comment by bobbie – July 13, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So…much…win

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – July 13, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • amazing!!! ♥♥♥

Comment by nico – July 13, 2012 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

Comment by madhatter360 – July 13, 2012 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and the sequel will be made…?

Comment by murley – July 13, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s been confirmed time and time again… I think all the puzzle pieces just need to fall into place for it to actually happen. But the constant “yes” response when someone who worked on it is asked the sequel question means that it’s going to happen one way or another.

Comment by Mitholas – July 14, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such great news! Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog is so amazing, and it makes me sad that there are people out there who haven’t seen it. More eyeballs to see Joss Whedon’s genius is always a good thing.

Comment by Mikaylah – July 13, 2012 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yippieeeeeeee!!!

Joss we need a sequel and another commentary the musical!!!

Comment by aim – July 14, 2012 04:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In one of his Avengers interviews Joss said he had half the music written for the sequal – just hadn’t had the time to finish it. SQUEEEEE

Comment by ladyhelix – July 14, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited it will finally get the opportunity to air on TV. Hopefully this will draw the attention of more mainstream viewers who didn’t see it or know about it online!

Comment by J. – July 14, 2012 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! I saw this about a year and a half ago and loved it. I can’t wait for more people I know to see it!

Comment by Armanda Benites – July 14, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oooohhh, If the ratings are good enough I wonder if the CW would order the sequel… yay!

Comment by Walter – July 14, 2012 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So it is ok to broadcast a project filmed non-union during the writer’s strike?

Comment by provacateur – July 14, 2012 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was just watching it on Netflix. Love love! 12 episode season with all 3 main cast members would be amazing.

Comment by saxyroro (@saxyroro) – July 14, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMAZING. I can’t wait!!! I wonder when, though. Hopefully soon?

Comment by Rachel – July 15, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If memory serves me right Joss announce that they were planning a sequel in the firefly panel or at Nerd HQ.

Comment by gio – July 30, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post