Comic-Con

Bones' David Boreanaz on Cryptic Tweets, Clock Mystery, Booth/Brennan Wedding and More!

Oh Bones fans, prepare yourself.

When star David Boreanaz chatted with TVLine at Comic-Con, he noted that Booth’s anger at Brennan’s sudden disappearance (with their daughter, no less) has left the FBI agent “upset.” And though you almost can’t hear him say it, the actor definitely utters these words: “There could be a break-up.”

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle, Bones, Glee, Psych, Weeds, Dallas, Leverage, Dexter and More

Doesn’t bode well for B&B’s wedding hopes, eh? The cagey thesp also played coy regarding some tweets that hinted he might not stick around if the drama continued past its upcoming Season 8. But don’t worry, fans, we got a definitive answer. “Of course!” he told us. “If…” (You’ll have to watch the video to get the rest.)

Press play on the video below for more about a new face at the Bureau, the classic way Boreanaz describes Christine’s conception and just what was going on with the alarm clock in the season finale.

1. Mikaylah says:

I’m still pissed at Brennan, so I would imagine Booth will be too. I understand the decision to a degree, but it feels like she didn’t consider what it would do to him at all.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

I think she considered it a great deal, that’s why she said what she said before he left to get the car. It was her way of giving him something to hold on to

2. Lorena says:

And we love you David

3. Lorena says:

That damn freaking clock is all i can think

4. Livvy says:

Hanson and company promised no soap opera type breakups for B&B. He should keep his promise for that kind of nonsense would “jump the shark.”

5. val says:

Gorgeous guy. 15-16 years after “Buffy”, and he’s still gorgeous. Like a good wine, he just gets better. Plus tongue-in-cheek funny, saucy, naughty, master of the tease. He’s so aware of everything going on around him, his show, the viewers and the online fandom, and the difference between those factions, about how TV showbiz works and its unwritten rules. You don’t kid the kidder.

6. Bella says:

It must be hard to be in an interview trying to promote your show and yet not give too much away. And by the way, what’s with that annoying background jungle music? It makes it hard sometimes to actually hear the interview.

7. Independent and Headstrong says:

NOT everybody wants to see them get married. And Temperance USED to be such a good role model for girls.

8. Astrid says:

I’m so exited for the next season!

9. I love Bones. Thanks for sharing, this was nice. David Boreanaz is loved and I’m so glad to hear it’s still coming back next season. I look forward to watching what developes next between Booth and Brennan.

10. Cherie Miller says:

I agree..less is more.. i think that by not showing bones and booths sexual encounter.. they remain the classy characters they are

11. cati says:

so glad to here your coming back next season and hope you two get married please please please,,,,,love the show by the way!!!!

12. DebRNBSN&9yBCsurvivor says:

I hope season 8 starts soon. And I HOPE Booth, though upset, can understand why Bones did what she did. She was set up by a psycho, what, was she supposed stay and be arrested for a crime she did not commit? Come on! Booth has always had an anger management issue and he needs to realize that both Bones and their baby were in danger and he could not do anything to protect them so Bones had to run. Love both Booth and Bones, but I think its time he took a hard look at himself and deal with his anger issues and welcome Brennan back with open arms.

13. Loy Chen says:

what a damn can’t get the dvd version..

14. Loy Chen says:

what a damn can’t get the dvd version..
    really like to watch it

15. Mary says:

Getting together may have a bit premature. Perhaps, if he married his last girlfriend and they broke up…..Bones a shoulder to cry on?

16. One of the greatest smiles in Hollywood. Love the show. We’ve watched it from the beginning. We’d also like a little Buffy and Angel reunion.

17. Sarah schwendeman says:

Dr.brennen was right to run. She was protecting herself as well as her daughter . She was right the law was in her favor so she did what she thought was right. Booth will understand that. Great show, great characters, great storyline . Cait wait for the next season.

18. Emily says:

The Bones panel was bizarre. It seemed like Boreanaz was on something, and Emily was like I don’t know what to do about the crazy coming out of the man next to me.

19. kylie hampton says:

i love the show i am like the # 1 fan i cant wait till the new season is on fox

20. Dawanna says:

First I would like to say I love the show! And I’m happy with the way things are. Well things could be a lot different but were is the fun an excitement in that. Although I would like to see how Booth an Brennan got together that night, somethings are best unsaid but we waited forever for that.with much love!

21. Kally says:

Booth and brennen are good togeather. just want to see something steamy. Especially with david’s oh but so hot bod.