Comic-Con

Teen Wolf Renewed for a Super-Sized Season 3

MTV apparently is over the full moon about Teen Wolf, and thus has renewed the series for a super-sized Season 3.

That commissioning of 24 new episodes represents double the order of either of the show’s first two runs, while the third-season pick-up marks a first for any scripted MTV primetime series (pretending for a moment that the Jersey goons aren’t working off a script, albeit one written in crayon).

Teen Wolf represents a terrific foray into the scripted world for the millennial MTV audience, and marks tremendous success in the continued diversification of our schedule,” MTV programming boss David Janollari said in announcing the Season 3 order. “Renewing the show for a third season celebrates the creative vision of executive producer Jeff Davis and the remarkable talent of the cast who bring this bona fide fan favorite to life.”

Season 3 will be shot in Los Angeles versus Atlanta, where the first two cycles called home.

Teen Wolf fans, are you howling over the big vote of confidence in Scott, Lydia et al?

1. Bella says:

And yet the show with better ratings (Awkward) gets shafted

• ishivi says:

I wouldn’t worry, there is no doubt MTV will renew Awkward. for a 3rd season, and with this news of Teen Wolf getting a 24-episode season, I think Awkward. may be likely to get the same as well.

Either way, I could not be happier as I love both Teen Wolf and Awkward. They’re both well written shows with great casts, witty humor, and to be honest, they are quality shows. Bring ‘em on! And MTV renew Awkward. for a 24 episode season 3 SOON!

• Danyelle says:

I wouldn’t freak all out about it, this news probably came first because Teen Wolf is at the Comicon today.

• R. says:

Teen Wolf won a tax credit lottery, and to get it they had to shoot 24 episodes. So don’t worry, that’s the reason they got the nod, and the double order, ahead of Awkward.

• I’m glad I’m not the only one who had this reaction. I like Teen Wolf, but Awkward had higher ratings and better reception from critics. So if they just give fans 12 episodes it will be like a slap in the face!

• Tom says:

It’s very likely that Awkward. will only get a 12-episode order for next season as well, and that Teen Wolf’s 24-episode season may be spread out across two summers. As far as ratings go, both shows are scoring 0.7 in the 18-49 demo, with Teen Wolf scoring better in the P12-34 one. With regard to viewers, the first two episodes of their second season were as close to identical as it gets. Teen Wolf creates more buzz and is a hit with social media. So while I like both shows, there’s no reason to elevate Awkward. onto an MTV pedestal; both shows will be renewed, and Teen Wolf was first because they were at Comic-Con, and so it made sense to make the announcement about the renewal.

• Miranda says:

Awkward did get renewed for a third season…

• Lol. I Wouldn’t mind if they made teen wolf never ending. (:
      I love that show so much. its one of the best! they should do ALOT of season.
      Stiles+Lydia should goout
      scott+Allison shld goout
      and boyd and erica looked cute in the last epp :3

2. lydia says:

CRYING

3. Rob says:

Very Happy about this. The show has proven to be great and I cant wait to see what they pull out with a 24 episode season. I’m sure Awkward will be coming soon. It just started their new season after all.

4. C says:

SWEEEt! Does that mean we get new season 3 episodes earlier than Next summer?!

5. Clay says:

I’m glad it got renewed but I’m not so sure about the super-sized episode order. One of Teen Wolf’s biggest strengths is having all killer, no filler. I’m concerned having more episodes means that we’ll have some episodes were nothing happens and the plot doesn’t advance at all.

• ishivi says:

I think Jeff Davis once said that should they have a larger season, they’d break it up into two parts and keep it going with the same format they have now. So, we’ll see! I have total trust in these writers.

6. Mick says:

Teen Wolf got a big tax credit so this announcement was inevitable. Awkward’s future hasn’t been determined yet.

7. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Knowing networks I wouldn’t doubt if season 3 pt1 airs next summer then season 3 pt2 airs summer 2014.

8. Jake says:

i know its likely their going to split up the season into two parts of 12 episodes but i wonder if their going to air them close together and start season 3 earlier than season 1 and 2 or their going to have one part in summer 2013 and then another in summer 2014, and if they do that, why didnt they just renew the show for two seasons of 12 eps each.

anyways still really happy about this! =D

9. Marie says:

Awesome! Now hopefully we’ll get to see more of the supporting character and more in depth. Would love to see more of Chris Argent. I have really liked how they are giving Derek more screen time this season too :-)

10. TheBeach says:

Now if DirecTV and Viacom would end their p*ssing contest, I could watch the rest of this season (and Awkward too) :(

11. M says:

More Teen Wolf? More Sterek? Great news!

12. Jared says:

I doubt MTV will air all 24 episodes at once..it will most likely get broken up into either 2 season(3 and 4)..Or split into season 3A(12 episodes) and 3B(12 episodes). Awkward fans..dont worry..if the show can maintain the ratings it currently has..the show will be a lock for a season 3 renewal. Awkward is MTVs critical darling..theres no way there gonna let it go.

13. Ashley says:

Here’s hoping they choose to do this like Pretty Little Liars, where they air half the season, go on break for two, three months, and then air the back half. That way there, there’s less filler and a season long storyline doesn’t stretch out too long like it does on a lot of 24-episode seasons. Also so that there’s not a near year-long hiatus between the seasons. It’s one of the reasons I love about Teen Wolf, they have 12 episodes to work with, which keeps the suspense live and thriving. Though hopefully with the extended episode, we’ll get some back-story on both Derek and Stiles before we met them on the show. Maybe an episode set when Kate was seducing Derek so that we can glimpse the Hale family, and the another where Stiles and his father discuss the Stilinski matriarch.

• Gerald says:

Are you serious? PLL is the definition of filler and stretched out storylines. Also, the fact that they have the great Laura Leighton and never seem to use her doesn’t help.

• Ashley says:

I meant in the way of format, where they split up their season. Jeff’s already confirmed via Twitter though that there will be 12-episode storylines, like the first two seasons have been, so it’ll sort of feel like two seasons. And Holly Marie Combs! The Mamas need some love too.

14. Olivia says:

Love Teen Wolf. I am still mourning the loss of Death Valley though :(

15. Pawan says:

I love Teeen Wolf. It has been awesome this year. Last year was good but this year is better. Get rid of the lame Argents or have them work with the wolves to destroys the big bad. The team would be unstoppable.

16. Jessica says:

More Sterek please!

17. Brandon says:

18. Mememeine says:

That guy has the weirdest jawline ever.

19. parg says:

This show has been a pleasant little surprise. I personally have not watched anything on MTV since 2004, as I was just out of high school and felt that I had outgrown it. As a fan of True Blood, Lost Girl, and other shows in that vain but not Vampire Diaries which is geared towards a younger audience, I didn’t know what to expect. Teen Wolf has been awesome though! I still can’t believe this show is on MTV. I watch it online because I still can’t get myself to actually turn to the channel. This is such good news!

20. Hamster20780 says:

i am sooooooooooooooooooo happy teen wolf will have a 3rd season!! i cant wait for it!!! I wounder if they will make a 4th season? i hope because i dont want the drama, action, and awesome to end. I want them to make 20 seasons!! i just luve teen wolf.

21. marco says:

I wounder what’s going to happen with dereks uncle? Why is he back? And I wounder what’s. Season 3 is going to be about

22. Duncan ewing says:

I think teen wolf is the real deal for yound adults as it portrays action and excitment, i think this series should have not just a third season but a season 4, and 5 with 36 episodes in each season 5 and 6. Teen wolf is THE best show i have seen, I love how the actors make it seem so real, like you are actually starring in the movie, I would like to be an actor one day myself and I would like to star in film and TV, anyway, I am just curious as to what happens tonight in the episode, I am very curious as to if they kill Jackson

23. jdrules says:

I enjoyed the fact, but was also saddened by it, that they portrayed old characters through new ones this season, as they’d never done that before. Using a young Peter Hill to get to Lydia while also displaying older Peter’s manipulative qualities? Genius!

I like how the mythological aspects of the show are beginning to show as well.

I don’t understand why there is always an antagonist in shows, though. I don’t want happy go lucky, but save the would stuff gets a little tiresome.

I think they should explore the effects and affects Lydia’s psychological instability is having on her as well as her parents and friends.

24. andrew fallon says:

I’m confused why are they shooting in LA instead of Atlanta???

25. thisisalifeanddeathmatter says:

So like do I have to wait till next summer for the 3rd season of Teen Wolf? or like just wait for awkward or inbetweeners season to end and they’ll air season 3 on January?

26. Katelyn Davern says:

Teen Wolf is a very good show! I’m so glad they’re making a 3rd Season :D

27. joe says:

so, does this mean we will have to wait until next summer as usual for season 3 or will it be aired earlier? Teen wolfs great :) pls get rid of jackson already !

28. Rosalina says:

I love teenwolk more then awkward but there hella funny and cool shows :) <3

29. glad that is back for a third season I don’t mind how long the series is as long as it is on.

30. Raul says:

I love teenwolf it is freaking awsome i wish that they could air season 3 earlier before next summer :)

31. shannon says:

I am so excited for season 3! This show is amazing and if it ever ends I will cry. The hard part is waiting for next summer!

32. Nathan Fennell says:

When can we get the first two seasons in stores

33. Yudhis says:

When will season 3 begin airing? Please reply fast GOTTA KNOW!!!!

34. Not Important. says:

Looooove teen wolf, but some of these comments are really annoying . Think before you write. Oh and not Yudhis, that was a genuinely good question :)

35. Nykia Higdon says:

I Think styles should become a werewolf

36. Chuck b says:

Love the show we loved the twilight saga this is for sure the next twilight one hundred percent , the show just sucks u in, love it huge thums up

37. Jeremy P. says:

hurry up season Teen Wolf season 3!!!!!! Can’t wait! #PsychedOut

38. Rebecca says:

They HAVE to make a third season – and even more than that! I mean they can’t just end it all now that there’s an alpha pack, and wtf happened to Jackson? Doesn’t anybody want to know? They need to make a lot more than two season, cus i love it!<3

39. Su Ling says:

I would like to watch more seasons of teen wolf…definitely love it however please don’t go on for like too many seasons with no endings or else it’ll begin to get all boring

40. Brady says:

Niggggga, Teen coyote is bigger than my big Italian pinky! Hah jk it gay.

41. Brady says:

Just joking. I love teen wolf, I love every episode. Scott is like one of my role models. So is my cat…Mr. Pussy pounda.

42. Stars1100 says:

Its good that its renewed but Its been very hard for me as I am sure its hard for other to keep up with these shows, like True Blood and Teen Wolf. They are just off the air for so long a 10 month wait which is almost a whole year for the next installment and not to mention the net works are taking much longer breaks during their seasons, that right there is a big turn off for me and with that said I can’t always be around to catch all the episodes as they air, so I really don’t watch them anymore during its run of the season, I download from Amazon each new episode every week and wait till the season is over then I watch it, I don’t like commercial breaks and the long breaks the Network’s takes. I think that why a lot of show get cancelled before they should with show taking way to long to return people begin to lose interest or the move on to something else.

43. mario says:

well I say that there will not be a werewolf or who knows is there are several thematic stiles because nobody really knows much about this character as some and seen in the series as one of them as it is called because it really blames the death of his mother as there may be recognized instantly because the boss Derek Hale and Scott orintadora whether interested in a somewhat strange as if they were trained teacher and embers for something very important and as the can use magic and the latest news about the third season that says in chapter two has a friend who seems to be having a secret that has to do with what I shall ask werewolves because Stiles is surrounded from before with people who know werewolf and who was sumama and they do not speak of your family will alguin important in the series and because stlies said to have been an 10 that if others say 5 or 6 years that I know Derek will be better than it is because derek seemed to recognize her smell inside the patrol when he was talking to the other thing in the ep magic bullet by bullet according derek podioa not control his transformation as they spend much time with stiles and after some ecenas seems controlling and simpre Derek Stiles hits because you will like

44. winifred says:

when is season 4 starting

45. lisa says:

OMG!! I’M SO HAPPY TEEN WOLF IS COMING BACK FOR A THIRD SEASON.

46. Billy says:

And comment by mario!! Are u a retard? Because half of ur comment I couldnt even understand! Dumbass