Comic-Con

Beauty and the Beast: Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan Preview a New Kind of Superman for The CW

Get More: Comic-Con, Scoop, Video

Smallville‘s Kristin Kreuk returned to Comic-Con Thursday with a new super man at her side — her Beauty and the Beast co-star Jay Ryan.

The pair, who are headlining The CW’s reboot of the ’80s hit, entered TVLine’s Con interview suite to discuss their familiarity with the original CBS series (limited), the story behind how Ryan’s “CW-ized” beast got all furry (chemicals and rage are involved) and whether Smallville fans will hold out for this hero the way they did for Clark Kent (“It’s a very different show”). And watch how excited they both get when I bring up the possibility of original beauty Linda Hamilton guest-starring…

Loading video...

Comments (25)

• If the show was a follow up of the original and the new beast was Vincent and Catherine’s son, then of course Linda Hamilton could be the mom… then again, she’d be dead, lol.

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 12, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe they’re rebooting this, can’t Hollywood think of anything new these days. Smells like a big fail to me and it’s on the CW so there’s the biggest fail of all.

Comment by Jake – July 12, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll tell you this much: it’s fantastic.

Comment by silverfox – July 14, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping this gonna be the next hit for CW, so far it has been getting a lot of buzz.

Comment by Jay – July 12, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL a lot of buzz, what? You wouldnt happen to be Jay Ryan would you

Comment by Zath – July 13, 2012 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin is so cute!

Comment by Jess – July 12, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, that was the main impression I came away from that interview with as well.

Comment by wordsmith – July 12, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too! I’ve always loved her but watching that interview I was just like “damn, she’s adorable”

Comment by Captain – July 12, 2012 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mmmhmm. I can’t believe she’s nearly 30 – the girl could totally still pass for high school!

Comment by grace2552 – July 12, 2012 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. But has she learned to act yet?

Comment by Keenan – July 12, 2012 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Clois fan??

Comment by Zath – July 13, 2012 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Dear god not, I’m more of a Chloe fan

Comment by Keenan – July 15, 2012 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best luck for her show :) just can’t stand The CW.

Comment by SVClois – July 12, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KK is sooooooo cute. And Jay is hot I can’t wait for this show

Comment by sara – July 12, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • great show!! they have great chemistry. my new favorite show and also Arrow. CW you are great

Comment by Debby – November 2, 2012 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jay ryan seemed super nervous? and/or a bit dull. i hope it’s the former. kristin is wonderful as always.

Comment by cjeffery7 – July 12, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin is still so awesome!

Comment by Adam – July 12, 2012 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin Kreuk is INSANELY ADORABLE!!!

Comment by ZmaX – July 12, 2012 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeahhhh JAY RYAN from New Zealand! I loved Go Girls! and Kristin Kreuk from Chuck! this cannot get much better! <3

Comment by Bernadine – July 12, 2012 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin seems really cute and funny. I’m really going to watch this now. I’m sort of excited, so I hope it’s good and lasts more than one season.

Comment by Fabe – July 12, 2012 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Kristin! I am so glad to see you interview her Michael! I first started following you for the Smallville spoilers, so I hope you keep up the great work with her new show.

Comment by Elliot – July 13, 2012 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jay and Kristen are both GORGEOUS people…WOW!

Comment by Rashad – July 13, 2012 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hollywood has a hard time with original shows, because the best of them always end up being cult faves but never record breaking ratings….but some do end up surprising execs. But this show looks good esp with KK in the lead.

Comment by aim – July 13, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Kristin Kreuk as a person, but this pilot was not good. Not good at all.

Comment by Emily – July 16, 2012 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post