Fall TV Preview

Exclusive First Look: The CW's Arrow Lets Loose With Some Killer Moves

Five years of being stranded on an island can harden a man and hone him into a lethal weapon — an Arrow, if you will — as evidenced by this intense sneak peek of The CW’s DC Comics-inspired new action-drama.

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV First Impression: Is Arrow on Target?

The set-up: Billionaire playboy Oliver Queen (played by Stephen Amell), not long after being rescued as a castaway, is abducted by a pair of masked goons. They ask: Did Oliver’s father survive the shipwreck as well? If so, did he share any secrets with his son?

Oliver, though, believes actions speak louder than words, so in response to the interrogation the man also known as Arrow promptly makes his point. Press PLAY and witness the world of hurt unloaded upon his would-be captors. (P.S. What if I told you this wasn’t even the pilot’s most badass one-man assault?)

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: What Will You Be Watching on Wednesdays?

The CW’s Arrow, which also stars Katie Cassidy, Susannah Thompson and Paul Blackthorne, premieres Wednesday, Oct. 10, at 8/7c, leading into Supernatural. Will be you be watching?

Loading video...

Tags:

Comments (40)

• Dorothy, we’re not in Smallville anymore. *_*

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – July 12, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no, they’re not…

Comment by Phil – July 12, 2012 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s awesome! I can’t wait for October 10th.

Comment by Jim – July 12, 2012 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really looking forward to this! I love me some action.

Comment by Renee – July 12, 2012 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I rolled my eyes during some of the shots fired scenes but that last scene made me sit up at attention and say, “Alrighty, then!”

I. Am. IN.

Comment by Tea – July 12, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m SO in for watching this. Intriguing. :) Hurry fall!

Comment by Diane Elhard – July 12, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s looking very good. That scene could perhaps do with a little tightening up but that’s only a minor quibble.

Comment by hammard – July 12, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was leery of this when it was announced, but if they’re going to be working it like this, I’m in.

Comment by Charles – July 12, 2012 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really lookin forward to this one!

Comment by Sue – July 12, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks great. Can’t wait for this to fill my superhero void. ;) D:

Comment by Vannesa – July 12, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so in, hot guy and violcence I’m there. I love how dark it looks too and he isnt afraid to kill.

Comment by Isabelle – July 12, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, this looks dumb, but I kinda want to see it anyway.

Comment by jejehi – July 12, 2012 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Matt Horn's Blog and commented:
    The more I see, the more I cannot wait!

Comment by hornm16 – July 12, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Better than I expected. Could be good.

With the lethal aspect of things, maybe it’s okay that they changed a bunch of names from the comics.

Comment by QuinnMallory – July 12, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna check out the first couple of episodes. So far its not a must-see for me but it comes on Wednesdays, a near-empty TV night for me (my only other show on that night is Nashville).

Comment by Ally – July 12, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The CW might finally have another hit besides TVD…

Comment by Sparky – July 12, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Finally?” Were not Supernatural and Smallville hits as well – on a CW level, of course? That said, Arrow does look promising.

Comment by Lisa London – July 12, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Technically neither of those are CW hits because they premiered on other channels. The CW’s only real “hits” have been Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries.

Comment by Captain – July 12, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm, lousy writing, cheesy acting, average looking hero (he looks like Burt from Raising Hope), BUT really good action/stunts. Could I possibly watch it? Ehhhh….I’m thinking no.

Comment by zaza – July 12, 2012 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re misusing the term cheesy.

Comment by idiot troll – July 12, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s a….killer?

Comment by Michael – July 12, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I was a little disturbed by that as well. Is it too much to ask that our heroes aren’t murderers?

Comment by Keren – July 12, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It does seem odd doesn’t it. I do not recall a “superhero” killing in order to keep “his secret” before. While it does turn me away a little, I think it should provide an intriguing story line…the line between superhero and murderer. I’ll give the first few episodes a chance.

Comment by Vicki – July 12, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • While not a regular part of his MO, the comic book version of Green Arrow has killed twice in extreme circumstances – once to rescue Black Canary and again in cold blooded revenge for the death of his niece. I hope it’s not a regular occurence on this show, but he’s definitely not beyond it in the comics. He’s not the “I never kill – ever” character Batman and Superman are.

Comment by Eric H. – July 13, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks pretty awesome, but I can’t help but think he should’ve been shot five times over. Won’t stop me from tuning in though.

Comment by DL – July 12, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like how dark this show will be, first time The CW goes dark like that. As soon as I heard Kaite Cassidy was in this I was already in my chair ready to watch.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – July 12, 2012 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did you see how much spit was coming out of his mouth in that chair? What was that haha? It was like he was part horse or something. Anyways lol, I am excited to watch!

Comment by Fabe – July 12, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m definitely excited for Arrow! I like the darker take on the character (although I also loved Justin Hartley’s Oliver, and he was a little dark too).

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – July 12, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • at first when the show was announced, i wasn’t really into it. but promo after promo, i’m getting quite hyped for this. i’ll definitely give this a shot.

Comment by Polly – July 12, 2012 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe, maybe not.

Comment by V – July 12, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch it at the start, but if it turns into a show like Smallville, I will stop watching promptly. Smallville is a bad excuse for a superhero anything.

Comment by James R. – July 12, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Smallville is an awesome show. I think you’re just dumb.

Comment by Bobby Fisher – July 13, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The trailers aren’t really grabbing me but I will give it a chance. Mostly looking forward to Supernatural.

Comment by V – July 12, 2012 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the fact that he kills, Clark Kent was always against that even when he probably should of.

Comment by Martin – July 12, 2012 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? The Green Arrow would not MURDER and an unarmed man! How is this appropriate? It’s not bad ass. It’s just gross. It’s one thing to watch a supposedly heroic vampire on the Vampire Diaries commit murder because we know it’s fantasy but this is cloaked in realism. Imagine an undercover police officer killing someone to protect his cover, would we celebrate him?

Comment by Blake – July 13, 2012 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too much realism can ruin it for this one – similar to Nolan’s material. Too much realism can pretty much ruin the superhero genre, in which the superhero genre clearly involves fantasy in it. i mean you can have a sense of realism, just do not overdo it, otherwise, again, you’ll just ruin the genre, let alone lacking the connection to the comic, which is friggin’ dumb and it is basically a smack in the face to those who are fans of the comic and such and I’m sorry, that’s just not right. You might as well call it “broken arrow”, being since it has a lot of potential to have it being canceled in a season or LESS.

Comment by Anthony – July 13, 2012 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just awesome!!

Comment by Melody Paris – July 13, 2012 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So why is the man with the machine gun running from an unarmed man? :)

Comment by bleefb – July 16, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oliver Queen should be played by Justin Hartley!

Comment by Austin – July 17, 2012 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gonna be hard to root for a murderer…

Comment by Joanna Eph (@PausedLife) – July 26, 2012 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post