Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: The CW's Arrow Lets Loose With Some Killer Moves

Five years of being stranded on an island can harden a man and hone him into a lethal weapon — an Arrow, if you will — as evidenced by this intense sneak peek of The CW’s DC Comics-inspired new action-drama.

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV First Impression: Is Arrow on Target?

The set-up: Billionaire playboy Oliver Queen (played by Stephen Amell), not long after being rescued as a castaway, is abducted by a pair of masked goons. They ask: Did Oliver’s father survive the shipwreck as well? If so, did he share any secrets with his son?

Oliver, though, believes actions speak louder than words, so in response to the interrogation the man also known as Arrow promptly makes his point. Press PLAY and witness the world of hurt unloaded upon his would-be captors. (P.S. What if I told you this wasn’t even the pilot’s most badass one-man assault?)

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: What Will You Be Watching on Wednesdays?

The CW’s Arrow, which also stars Katie Cassidy, Susannah Thompson and Paul Blackthorne, premieres Wednesday, Oct. 10, at 8/7c, leading into Supernatural. Will be you be watching?

Loading video...

1. Dorothy, we’re not in Smallville anymore. *_*

2. Jim says:

That’s awesome! I can’t wait for October 10th.

3. Renee says:

Really looking forward to this! I love me some action.

4. Tea says:

I rolled my eyes during some of the shots fired scenes but that last scene made me sit up at attention and say, “Alrighty, then!”

I. Am. IN.

5. Diane Elhard says:

I’m SO in for watching this. Intriguing. :) Hurry fall!

6. hammard says:

It’s looking very good. That scene could perhaps do with a little tightening up but that’s only a minor quibble.

7. Charles says:

I was leery of this when it was announced, but if they’re going to be working it like this, I’m in.

8. Sue says:

Really lookin forward to this one!

9. Vannesa says:

Looks great. Can’t wait for this to fill my superhero void. ;) D:

10. Isabelle says:

I’m so in, hot guy and violcence I’m there. I love how dark it looks too and he isnt afraid to kill.

11. jejehi says:

Wow, this looks dumb, but I kinda want to see it anyway.

12. hornm16 says:

Reblogged this on Matt Horn's Blog and commented:
    The more I see, the more I cannot wait!

13. QuinnMallory says:

Better than I expected. Could be good.

With the lethal aspect of things, maybe it’s okay that they changed a bunch of names from the comics.

14. Ally says:

I’m gonna check out the first couple of episodes. So far its not a must-see for me but it comes on Wednesdays, a near-empty TV night for me (my only other show on that night is Nashville).

15. Sparky says:

The CW might finally have another hit besides TVD…

• Lisa London says:

“Finally?” Were not Supernatural and Smallville hits as well – on a CW level, of course? That said, Arrow does look promising.

• Captain says:

Technically neither of those are CW hits because they premiered on other channels. The CW’s only real “hits” have been Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries.

16. zaza says:

Hmmm, lousy writing, cheesy acting, average looking hero (he looks like Burt from Raising Hope), BUT really good action/stunts. Could I possibly watch it? Ehhhh….I’m thinking no.

17. Michael says:

He’s a….killer?

• Keren says:

Yeah, I was a little disturbed by that as well. Is it too much to ask that our heroes aren’t murderers?

• Vicki says:

It does seem odd doesn’t it. I do not recall a “superhero” killing in order to keep “his secret” before. While it does turn me away a little, I think it should provide an intriguing story line…the line between superhero and murderer. I’ll give the first few episodes a chance.

• Eric H. says:

While not a regular part of his MO, the comic book version of Green Arrow has killed twice in extreme circumstances – once to rescue Black Canary and again in cold blooded revenge for the death of his niece. I hope it’s not a regular occurence on this show, but he’s definitely not beyond it in the comics. He’s not the “I never kill – ever” character Batman and Superman are.

18. DL says:

Looks pretty awesome, but I can’t help but think he should’ve been shot five times over. Won’t stop me from tuning in though.

19. I like how dark this show will be, first time The CW goes dark like that. As soon as I heard Kaite Cassidy was in this I was already in my chair ready to watch.

20. Fabe says:

Did you see how much spit was coming out of his mouth in that chair? What was that haha? It was like he was part horse or something. Anyways lol, I am excited to watch!

21. I’m definitely excited for Arrow! I like the darker take on the character (although I also loved Justin Hartley’s Oliver, and he was a little dark too).

22. Polly says:

at first when the show was announced, i wasn’t really into it. but promo after promo, i’m getting quite hyped for this. i’ll definitely give this a shot.

23. V says:

Maybe, maybe not.

24. James R. says:

I’ll watch it at the start, but if it turns into a show like Smallville, I will stop watching promptly. Smallville is a bad excuse for a superhero anything.

25. V says:

The trailers aren’t really grabbing me but I will give it a chance. Mostly looking forward to Supernatural.

26. Martin says:

I like the fact that he kills, Clark Kent was always against that even when he probably should of.

27. Blake says:

Really? The Green Arrow would not MURDER and an unarmed man! How is this appropriate? It’s not bad ass. It’s just gross. It’s one thing to watch a supposedly heroic vampire on the Vampire Diaries commit murder because we know it’s fantasy but this is cloaked in realism. Imagine an undercover police officer killing someone to protect his cover, would we celebrate him?

28. Anthony says:

Too much realism can ruin it for this one – similar to Nolan’s material. Too much realism can pretty much ruin the superhero genre, in which the superhero genre clearly involves fantasy in it. i mean you can have a sense of realism, just do not overdo it, otherwise, again, you’ll just ruin the genre, let alone lacking the connection to the comic, which is friggin’ dumb and it is basically a smack in the face to those who are fans of the comic and such and I’m sorry, that’s just not right. You might as well call it “broken arrow”, being since it has a lot of potential to have it being canceled in a season or LESS.

29. bleefb says:

So why is the man with the machine gun running from an unarmed man? :)

30. Austin says:

Oliver Queen should be played by Justin Hartley!

31. Gonna be hard to root for a murderer…