Arrow Stars Spill Secrets Behind That Shirtless Scene, Tease 'Bold' and 'Weird' Stuff Ahead

To hear series leads Stephen Amell and Katie Cassidy tell it, The CW’s Arrow (premiering Wednesday, Oct. 10) hit the bulls-eye not just with its well-received pilot but also beyond.

During their visit to TVLine’s Comic-Con interview suite, Cassidy — who plays Laurel Lance to Amell’s Oliver Queen aka Arrow — assured fans (and potential fans) that as rock-‘em sock-‘em as the pilot is, Episode 2, which they just got the script for, is just as “awesome” and even “bold” in the directions it goes. The Gossip Girl alum also teases that her costar has his “work cut out for him” in that second hour.

VIDEO | Exclusive First Look: The CW’s Arrow Lets Loose With Some Killer Moves

Speaking of which: Amell leads off our discussion by talking about Oliver’s intense workout montage from the pilot (glimpse it here), and whether that is really him doing those extreme pull-ups and such. Also not to miss: Exclusive scoop on [spoiler alert!] Laurel’s favorite ice cream flavor. Plus: Are they prepared to run 10 years like Smallville?

VIDEO | Beauty and the Beast‘s Kristin Kreuk, Jay Ryan Preview a New Kind of Superman

Loading video...

1. Tt says:

I can’t wait for this show

2. M3rc Nate says:

I liked this interview a LOT. I feel they have great chemistry, he seems to have a really solid head on his shoulders, all three people got me even more excited for Arrow, and i loved the G4 American Ninja Warrior shoutout. :D
    This show is a instant PVR series subscription, cant wait, i LOVE me some dark super hero media, especially with killing (not to sound insane, but the not killing pulls me out of the realism of super hero stories). If the guy that found Tom Welling really thinks hes the next Tom, my expectations just went sky high, and i dont have many doubts he will live up to them.
    Holy hell is Katie Cassidy gorgeous. Yowza.

• Xten says:

When is there going to be Black Canary?, this question will be asked every comic con until there is Black Canary. Don’t take 10 years to wear the fishnets lol.

• Alan says:

the show is called Arrow, his story comes first. i expect that they will get there eventually but they need to focus on oliver first because it is his show, not her’s

3. tvaddict says:

This is my # 1 most anticipated fall show. I hope it lives up to all the hype!

4. ishivi says:

I’m just guessing here, but I see this as the CW’s new #1 show this coming Fall. LOVE YOU TVD, but I’m just guessing here. This interview, all the great reviews I’m hearing, I’m REALLY excited about this!

5. Temperence says:

Stephen is a really cool dude, and very, very nice to his fans. Katie is also extremely talented, and I’m pretty thrilled that the whole cast is really comprised of really good to excellent actors. I hope Arrow is great and they have a multiple season run.

6. JT says:

I can’t wait for the sex scenes o_o

7. Lee says:

I cant watch any of these damn videos they just keep rolling,can they be on youtube already

8. Elyse says:

can’t wait. October seems so far away!!

9. Sasha says:

He’s hotter in this interview then in the Arrow Preview.

Does that make sense?

10. TJCrinc says:

yay! Ruby1 is back!

11. judebeaux says:

That was little bit awkward.. at the end. OMG ahahah

12. Little MY says:

Come on who cares about Arrow, we want Black Canary, Katie Cassidy has her work cut out for her.

13. Emily says:

This was one of the best pilots I saw at Comic Con. I wasn’t expecting much and was pleasantly surprised. It helps that Stephen Amell seems like a more legit actor than what you usually expect to find on the CW.

14. aditi says: