Exclusive

Exclusive: Nikita Promotes Devon Sawa to Series Regular for Season 3

Nikita‘s third season is still many months away, but it’s already shaping up to be the best yet.

Recurring player Devon Sawa has been promoted to series regular in Season 3, TVLine has learned exclusively.

“We are very happy about the return of Owen and looking forward to the excitement he will bring to an already exciting cast,” Nikita creator and showrunner Craig Silverstein tells TVLine about the upgrade.

RELATED | Exclusive Post-Mortem: Nikita Boss Reveals Why [SPOILER] Had to Die — and What’s Next!

Sawa, who plays endearing and good-hearted Guardian Owen Elliot, has appeared sporadically on the CW spy thriller since early in its run. He quickly became a favorite among fans, despite their typical leeriness toward new male characters who might pose a threat to the show’s core couple, Michael and Nikita.

RELATED | The CW Renews Nikita for Season 3

Sawa isn’t the only Nikita vet getting a bump in the coming season. As previously reported, Noah Bean’s stalwart CIA agent Ryan Fletcher was made a series regular shortly after Season 2 wrapped.

Nikita’s Season 3 premieres Friday, Oct. 19, at 9/8c.

Are you happy to hear that Devon — and Owen! — will be back full-time? Let us know in the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, Scoop

1. Vannesa says:

Can’t wait to see more of Devon Sawa. :)

2. albtrex says:

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love him and his character!!!!! I’m so happy!!!!!!

3. Susy says:

I’m starting to envy Nikita- so many fine,sexy men to choose from: Michael, Ryan, and Owen! Michael will be so jealous- I can’t wait to see this!!!

4. David says:

YES! Oh boy this is going to be a fantastic season!!! Love Noah and Devon! The dynamic that Owen brings to the Mikita relationship is one of my fave story-lines of the show, he isn’t afraid to tell Michael how it is when he needs to hear it now and again! Ha! I almost want him with Nikita more sometimes…but yeah I know that’s not going to happen unless Michael dies in the end…

5. Deion says:

The show did lack good Owen time last season and focused too much on Michael and Nikita relationship drama. I’m ready for a few good rumbles.

6. Rob Stewart says:

ROAN NEEDS BACK IN SEASON 3!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS A TRUE TERMINATOR. roan is BADASS

7. OMG i couldnt be more excited for OWEN hes one of my faves and DEVON is genius!

8. Melissa says:

Hell yeah! Love Owen and Ryan! Someone has to give Michael a run for his money. Love square?

9. nasir says:

Noah Bean as regular made some sense to the show as he’d now be running division but Devon Sawa is not really a regular type of guy. Personally I liked that Ryan is a regular next season but Now i dont like the whole regular good guys team and then the addition of Owen makes it more sucky.

10. krishnaprem says:

Best decision. Now team Nikita is complete. They’re all regulars now. I’m so excited. I love Devon’s character…

11. yasmine says:

Best News everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ,He is one of the main reasons I watch Nikita :D
    and I wish to see him with Alex, they would make a great couple

12. sidzz says:

YES YES YES!!!! AAAAH! i don’t give a damn abt who he is with, nikita or alex (though i do have a fantasy of him and alex now that mikita r officially engaged..) but man i have been IN LOVE with owen ever since his first appearance! he’s a bada&& character, and dewon plays owen to the t! aaah dewon has made owen just AMAZING! and i dig ANY owen scene, i watch nikita just for owen! so be it okita or olex, having owen as regular is the BEST BEST thing that cud have happened !!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! glad the cv’s know how much owen is adored by us all!!!!!! <3 THEY BETTTTER NOT KILLL HIM! like EVER!

13. Gidier says:

Why they don’t promote sonya and birkoff