Fall TV Preview

Fall TV: CBS Premiere Plan Leads Off With Survivor 25, Ends With Relocated Mentalist

CBS Fall TVFollowing NBC, Fox, and The CW, CBS is the fourth broadcast network to detail its fall TV premiere plan, as seen here. No premieres of unusual size, no delayed launches. Just a traditional roll-out.

ABC, all eyes are on you now.

RELATED | Fall TV: Watch Full Trailers For CBS’ Partners, Elementary, Vegas and Made In Jersey

Wednesday, Sept. 19
8 pm EST Survivor: Philippines (aka 25th edition premiere, 90 minutes)

Monday, Sept. 24
8 pm How I Met Your Mother
8:30 pm PARTNERS [new]
9 pm 2 Broke Girls (new time slot)
9:30 pm Mike & Molly
10 pm Hawaii Five-0

Tuesday, Sept. 25
8 pm NCIS
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles
10 pm VEGAS [new]

Wednesday, Sept. 26
9 pm Criminal Minds
10 pm CSI

RELATED | Criminal Minds Scoop: Big Love‘s Jeanne Tripplehorn Joins Cast as a Series Regular

Thursday, Sept. 27
8 pm The Big Bang Theory
8:30 pm Two and a Half Men (new time slot)
9 pm Person of Interest
10 pm ELEMENTARY [new]Read our Fall TV First Impression!

Friday, Sept. 28
8 pm CSI: NY (new time slot)
9 pm MADE IN JERSEY [new]
10 pm Blue Bloods

RELATED | Ringer‘s Kristoffer Polaha Joins CBS’ Made in Jersey as Series Regular

Saturday, Sept. 29
10 pm 48 Hours Mystery

Sunday, Sept. 30
7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm The Amazing Race 21
9 pm The Good Wife
10 pm The Mentalist (new time slot)

RELATED | How Will a Change in Football Kickoff Times Affect Your CBS Sunday Favorites?

ON TAP FOR MIDSEASON: Undercover Boss and Rules of Engagement, as well as new series Friend MeGolden Boy and Mark Burnett’s latest reality gamble, The Job. Unforgettable Season 2 premieres next summer.

NOT RETURNING THIS SEASON: CSI: Miami, A Gifted Man, How to Be a Gentleman, NYC 22 and Rob.

Tags:

Comments (60)

• No unnecessary two-hour premieres, no delayed October premieres? Finally someone got it right.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – July 11, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like oak trees.

Comment by Laquisha – July 11, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have no idea why, but this made me chuckle.

Comment by missmiggles – July 11, 2012 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, and by the way, Matt – do you know if the second 90-minute block on Sept.19 will be used for the Big Brother finale?

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – July 11, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No announcement has been made re: the BB finale date.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – July 11, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if they would only do something with their Sundaynight schedule thru the end of football season….

Comment by mspenn1013 – July 11, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree mspenn1013, that is why CSIMIAMI is gone becasue noone wanted to stay up till late late to watch it..bet you The Mentalist will go by the wayside as well. It looks like that time slot ‘kills’ a program that is popular. Loved all the characters on CSIMIAMI show. It will be missed. :-(

Comment by Andi – September 4, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG, I didn’t know they were not bringing CSI Miami back this fall, how rediculous is that I am
        very disapointed in that decision, who’s bright idea was that?, I am not a football fan and this
        was my best pass time to get through the football season this really sucks!

Comment by Pam – September 17, 2012 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I like the Mentalist, altho I don t believe in all that hocus pocus, but I really like his cunning way of fooling the bad guys with his little inueindos of info to the suspects. Kinda reminds me of a new kind of Columbo, ya know what I mean. Plus this one is much easier on the eyes.

Comment by Andi – September 17, 2012 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i agree with you all the way. i like csi miami. BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Comment by TINA – October 21, 2012 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • WELL, CBS KILLED IT WHEN THEY MOVED IT TO THE SUNDAY NITE TIME SLOT. NO ONE WANTED TO STAY UP PAST 12 AM TO WATCH AND THEN THE NEWS AFTER THAT. TAKE TONIGHT 102112 ‘THE MENTALIST’ DID NOT COME ON TIL ONE HOUR AFTER THE ORIGINAL AIR TIME. SO ME THINKS THIS IS THE TIME SLOT FOR KILLING OFF A POPULAR PROGRAM….WHAT U THINK?

Comment by Andi – October 21, 2012 10:24 PM PDT
  • Where’s Unforgettable?

Comment by Jane – July 11, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also returning in mid-season is Rules of Engagment.
    Yea, some FOX, NBC & CW shows won’t premiere until October

Comment by Davin Peterson – July 11, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to fall. Feel really bad for American viewers with the football delays that will inevitably ruin their Sundays. I watch the entire CBS sunday block now….thank goodness I’m in Canada

Comment by mia – July 11, 2012 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going to try all CBS new dramas , but I will stay away from Partners. The worst promo I have watched in my life. Which is good because Mondays are The Voice and Revolution for me.

Comment by Sam – July 11, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch any of this junk.

Comment by Velvet – July 11, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 60 Minutes is junk?

Comment by Minerva – August 15, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate the Mentalist on Sunday night.

Comment by sandee – July 11, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same!

Comment by cynthia – July 11, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nothing special about Sunday night, IMO. I would hate it just as much any other night.

Comment by Larc – July 11, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna give The Good Wife another shot. Also gonna watch returning shows Big Bang Theory and Hawaii 5-0. I will also check out Vegas and Partners. I actually thought the promo for Partners looked very good.

Comment by Ally – July 11, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch two hours of CBS on Tuesdays & Thursdays. That’ll do it for me.

Comment by Renee – July 11, 2012 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is when I know it’s time to hang up my party shoes… I would gladly watch CBS for at least 1 hour EVERY NIGHT.

Comment by Dizzle – July 11, 2012 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS – nothing but mindless trash for dullards.

Comment by Lyle – July 11, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t know what you’re talking about, they have some great shows like: The Good wife, 2 Broke Girls, Person of Interest and The Big Bang Theory.

Comment by Gerald – July 11, 2012 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you think Person of Interest is trash, then you would be mistaken.

Comment by Sg.Grant – July 11, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think your comment is crap, but you get a pass for your excellent use of dullards!

Comment by tripoli – July 11, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never understand why people come to a tv website to comment that everything on tv sucks. If you don’t like anything on CBS, don’t click the link. There is no reason to come here and tell everyone that you think it is trash.

Stick to ridiculing posters for improper spelling and grammar, like I do.

Comment by Sg.Grant – July 11, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they had left the Mentalist alone. Sunday night tv is always late. It is hard enough to catch Amazing Race much less any of the shows after it on the East Coast.

Comment by Dbalcer – July 11, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Partners looked horrible! I will NOT be watching and I hope it gets pulled off the schedule faster than How to be a Gentlemen and replaced with Rules of Engagement.

Comment by Ram510 – July 11, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see when Survivor is supposed to premiere. Maybe my eyesight is going!

Comment by Margie – July 11, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never mind, I just saw it.

Comment by Margie – July 11, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mainly HIMYM, will probably keep up with TBBT, too. Are they not playing anything at 8PM on Wednesday, or have they just not announced it yet?

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – July 12, 2012 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe your not bring back A Gifted Man, give the show a chance.

Comment by Marsha – August 11, 2012 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am very disapointed that gifted man isn’t coming back on i agree give it a chance.

Comment by tracy – August 31, 2012 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS is my preferred network !!! I agree about Sunday night. Love the goodwife but late to watch it. Thanks for the schedule. :) got the calendar marked.

Comment by Sheila – August 28, 2012 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is two and a half men returning this fall to CBS?

Comment by looking to laugh – September 17, 2012 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI MIAMI cancelled. How could you CBS? Nothing but trash reality and stupid comedies. There hasn’t been a good comedy show on since Cosby’s. I’m giving up TV. Who makes these decisions anyway? Obviously someone who doesn’t care to watch anything of value on the tube.

Comment by Kathy – September 19, 2012 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the so called sit coms are trashy and nasty….big brother is cut thoat just like survivor….just seen trailers but that was nuff to say no to them all. now we will never know how thhings turned out on the CSI Miami show? bummer

Comment by Andi – September 19, 2012 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You tell them. I love CSI & CSI Miami. All that reality crap isn’t worth 2 cents. I would rather watch reruns or dvd’s

Comment by Jo – October 2, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WHY DID YOU CANCEL CSI MIAMI

________________________________

Comment by Andrea Anderson – October 3, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WOULD RATHER SEE CSI MIAMI THAN CSI LOSS VEGAS SINCE THE GOOFUS AS THE HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT. AND I LOVE CSI NY AND MIAMI AND CAN’T STAND 60 MINUTES GUESS I WILL BE WATCHING SOMETHING ELSE ON SUNDAY NITE AND I KNOW A FEW HUNDRED FOLKS LOCALLY THAT WILL BE DOING THE SAME THING.

Comment by DAN SCOGGINS – September 23, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is CSI Miami cancelled!?? Thats the original one, then LV,NY, LA came along! Was so looking forward to CSI Miami!

Comment by liliana – September 24, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, csi(lv) is the original. Csi:Miami was the first spin-off, then csi:ny. Csi(lv) has always been my favorite, though the show hasn’t been the same since Grissom went off & I miss Katherine too. But I’ve always continued to watch it. I had watched csi:Miami from the beginning, but I got so used to it being on Monday that when they moved it to Sunday I’d forget it was on & missed it all season. Though I’m sure its viewership went down last season since moving to sundays, I’m still surprised its going off.

Comment by Linda – September 25, 2012 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very disappointed that CSI Miami will not return. One of the best shows on TV. This was a big mistake.

Comment by Carol A Childers – September 30, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY THIS DECISION WAS MADE? IT WAS DONE AFTER THE ‘SEASON FINALE’. IT WAS NOT ADVERTISE AS A SERIES FINALE. SO WHT HAPPENED? WE FANS NEED AN ANSWER. PLZ?

________________________________

Comment by Andrea Anderson – October 1, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No CSI MiAMI omg they could have cut that other nonsense stuff ….CSI MIAMI is what jump started the whole CSI world …I was wondering why it hadn’t came on …Cbs ur tripping ….love the show ….

Comment by nicole – October 6, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wat the #*+% no csi miami? r u guys smokin dope? u gotta b hi on sum really good *&¢= if u not bringin dat show bak! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

Comment by gino valdez – October 7, 2012 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the #%*+^ …no CSI Miami…what are you thinking. This show was my favorite show of ALL shows.. I love this show and now I am going to miss it…ugh

Comment by Ines Hildebrand – October 7, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI Miami was one of the best weekly series CBS had to offer. It is really sad to see such an interesting series be taken off the air? What was CBS thinking?l

Comment by George – October 14, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE BRING CSI MIAMI BACK, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Comment by TINA – October 21, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES PLZ….NOW THAT YOU TOOK MADE IN JERSEY OFF…CALL ‘H’ AND HIS TEAM BACK……THIS IS SOMETHING NEW….CBS….I JUST SAW…..WHAT S UP WITH YOU NOT STANDING BESIDE MS. ESPOSITO IN HER FIGHT WITH HER AUTO-IMMUNE DESEISE?LOVE THIS SHOW AND CBS…IT IS OUR MAIN TV WATCHING DURING EVERY YEAR BUT COME ON NOW….EVEN A TEACHER ACCEPTS A DR. NOTE TO EXCUSE SOMEONE DUE TO AN ILLNESS….LET’S BE NICE….OK?

________________________________

Comment by Andrea Anderson – October 21, 2012 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really loved CSI:Miami. I am going to miss that show I loved all the characters, that’s not fair it was a great show and they need to bring it back.

Comment by Yesenia – November 3, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back CSI MIAMI CBS that was stupid to take that away

Comment by Will – November 14, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVED CSI MIAMI! THE PROBLEM I HAD WAS THAT THE SHOW WAS ALWAYS LATE!!!! HATED THAT MY DVR WOULD NOT RECORD THE RIGHT SHOW BECAUSE SOMETHING ELSE WOULD INEDVITABLY RUN OVER DURING THE CSI MIAMI TIME SLOT!!!!!!!

Comment by Na' – November 27, 2012 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post