The onetime Princess of Pop gives resident meanie Simon Cowell a run for his money in the brutally honest department, telling some contestants that their performances were, respectively, “very predictable” and “bad to the bone.”
Press PLAY below for a peek at the “(You Drive Me) Crazy” singer in action, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on her judging chops!
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Science Channel is celebrating Firefly‘s 10th anniversary on Sunday, Nov. 11 with an all-day marathon and Browncoats Unite, an hour-long special filled with exclusive footage from the series’ Comic-Con panel (featuring creator Joss Whedon and stars Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Summer Glau, Adam Baldwin and Sean Maher). For those lucky enough to be at the Con, the Serenity gang’s reunion will take place on Friday, July 13 at 12:30 pm in Ballroom 20.
• Hart of Dixie alum Wes Brown has nabbed a recurring role in 90210‘s upcoming fifth season, EW.com reports. He’ll play a club promoter with an eye for talent — namely, Adrianna’s. Also set to recur in Season 5 is Trai Byers (ex-Mookie, All My Children), who joins as Max’s business partner.
• Iain Glen (Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey) will guest-star in the sixth episode of Haven‘s third season (premiering Sept. 21) as a bitter man who’s been trapped in his home for nearly three decades.
• Despite Seth Meyers’ claims otherwise (to the Orlando Sentinel), ShowBiz411.com is sticking by its report that the Saturday Night Live vet is the frontrunner to land the permanent co-host spot on Live! With Kelly.
• CBS has ordered its first pilot for the 2013-14 TV season. Titled Ex-Men, the single-camera comedy from Rob Greenberg (How I Met Your Mother) centers on a young guy living among a group of more experienced men.
• TruTV has ordered 10 episodes of Upload with Shaquille O’Neal, a weekly series in which the NBA vet and his comic friends Gary Owen (Think Like a Man) and Godfrey (The Mr. Men Show), along with a special guest, comments on the funniest online videos, as well as create their own viral videos, pull pranks and parody current pop culture stories.
• WWE has partnered with Tout in an effort to create real-time video interaction between wrestling fans and the Superstars themselves. Kicking off the new initiative is John Cena, who is asking viewers to “Tout” their favorite RAW memories here. Select responses will be featured on Friday Night Smackdown (8 pm, Syfy) and Monday Night RAW (9 pm, USA Network).
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?