SOAPnet Sets Dates for General Hospital's 'Gold Medal'-Winning Moments

Get More: Daytime TV, News

While the rest of the world is rooting for their favorites in the Summer Olympics, those who carry a torch for General Hospital will have something to celebrate, too.

SOAPnet will broadcast 10 fan-selected episodes of the ABC daytime drama weekdays between Monday, July 30, and Friday, Aug. 10. These “Gold Medal Moments” eps – with honorary titles like “Hottest Supercouple” and “Best Back from the Beyond Moment” — were chosen based on votes entered on GH’s Facebook page.

Each day’s episode will air at 8/7c. That’s when you’ll find out whether Stone’s death or BJ’s heart donation (or another sob-inducing scene) won for “Best Tearjerker,” or whether your favorite Port Charles pair took part in the “Steamiest Seduction.” Was Bobbie catching Tony in bed with Carly the “Best OMG Moment,” or was it Elizabeth discovering Rick’s panic room — with Carly inside? Will Luke and Laura’s wedding beat “Clink, Boom” for “Most Memorable Moment”?

The best part: Even the agony of defeat won’t be so bad… after all, you’ll still get to revisit a classic from the Alphabet network’s last remaining sudser.

The list of categories is below. Once you’ve skimmed them, hit the comments and tell us what episodes/couples/moments from the soap’s long history you would choose.

Monday, July 30 | Best OMG Moment

Tuesday, July 31 | Best Take Your Breath Away Moment

Wednesday, August 1 | Best Back From the Beyond Moment

Thursday, August 2 | Best Wedding

Friday, August 3 | Best Dramatic Moment

Monday, August 6 | Steamiest Seduction

Tuesday, August 7 | Best Soap-tastrophe

Wednesday, August 8 | Best Tearjerker

Thursday, August 9 | Hottest Supercouple

Friday, August 10 | Most Memorable Moment

Comments (17)

• Don’t expect alot of classics, the fans on the FB page wouldn’t know classic if it hit them upside the head. These are the people that whined and complained when ABC showed classic episodes during holidays a few years ago. expect ALOT of the unholy trinity: Sonny, Carly Jason and Sam *barf*

Comment by Lynn – July 10, 2012 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do know that a “trinity” involves only three, right?

Comment by Sara – July 11, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ahhh i don’t have SOAPNET anymore… this makes me sad.

Comment by rebecca – July 10, 2012 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brenda and Sonny…all day, every day. Even though the writers totally ruined her return last year, I will always love them! Hottest couple ever!

Comment by LR – July 10, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Luke & Laura’s wedding >>>>> clink/boom

Comment by Meg – July 10, 2012 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best tearjerker by far is the BJ’s heart storyline when BJ died and Maxie got her heart.

Comment by Raevin – July 10, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BJ’s Heart stuff is still some of the best acting I have ever seen. Period! I was only 11 when I saw it and I can still remember the scene exactly, it was that good! PS I just rewatched it on YouTube and it live up to my 11 year old memory, lol.

Comment by Bri – July 11, 2012 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, so true…I remembee the BJ storyline so clearly. I may still have it own VHS sonewhere. But I wonder which episode would they show+ the actual transplant ep that ended with Tony resting his head on Maxie’s chest, or the REAL tearjerker, when Felecia realizes the truth and she starts just wailing. Ugh! Just thinking about that scene kills me!

Comment by McGee – July 10, 2012 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sarcasm button on – Luke and Laura’s storybook wedding (other than Scotty showing up for the bouquet tossing) following him raping her – oh yeah, what true love is made from – Sarcasm button off.

Comment by NoChance – July 10, 2012 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping they show Lois and Ned’s wedding! I wish they had more choices to vote on–but I’m so happy they decided to do this–it’s fun to relive some of my favorite episodes! I love SOAPNET!

Comment by JAmandaFan – July 10, 2012 11:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There was oone episode I really loved when Lucky founf out Luke raped LAura and Luke has to explain it to Lucky!!! I wish They would show that one!!!

Comment by JASon – July 11, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Anna and Robin had Casey the alien hidden in their garage!

Comment by Matt – July 11, 2012 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many moments to choose from. I have been watching General Hospital since I was in high school 1978, except for a years during the 1990′s when I was raising children. I think Felecia finding out where Maxi’s heart came from was one of the most gut wrenching moments in daytime history! Whichever moments they choose. I will be glued to my TV set on soapnet for the next 2 weeks!

Comment by Debra – July 31, 2012 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been enjoyIng Gold Medal Moments on GH. Wish the years of their roDcast were shown at the intro or ending.

Comment by MaryAnn Casey – August 10, 2012 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • good, but Stone’s death should have been the best tearjerker. Kind of disappointed.

Comment by jamie cortez – August 10, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • August, 2013/ I’m so mad at GH Classic. Several months were skipped over. Last week Sonny was on trial for killing his wife plus other story lines. This week; it picked up much later while Sonny is now on trial for shooting Johnny. So many story lines were unresolved. What gives?

Comment by Babs Brizen – August 8, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am not sure if you responded from my previous post about skipping months of GH Classic episodes. It appears from last night’s show that you decided to show the missing ones. Thank you.

Comment by Babs Brizen – August 10, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post