Comic-Con

First Look: Beauty and the Beast's Comic-Con Art

Given that Comic-Con is bubbling over with beauties and beasts (and geeks!) of its own, it’s only fitting that The CW is bringing its new fall series Beauty and the Beast to partake in this year’s festivities.

As a show of just how beauty-ful the procedural really is, the network and CBS TV Studios have created some very cool artwork featuring series leads Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan, to hand out to (potential) fans at The Con. (Note: As you tilt the lenticular artwork, Ryan’s eyes change to a more menacing glare, while the words “Beauty” and “Beast” appear alongside the respective photos.)

RELATED | TVLine’s Full Comic-Con Schedule

For more Beauty and the Beast-themed fun at Comic-Con, be sure to check out a panel and screening of the pilot on Thursday, July 12 at 3:30 pm in Ballroom 20. And for a chance to meet Kreuk and Ryan, head to their autograph signing following the panel at the CW/CBS Booth at 5 pm on the Convention Center floor.

Comments (27)

• I LOVE Kristin Kruek, but I’m not all that excited for this show. I think the the production team should have made bolder choices…. Since when does facial scaring make you a beast? This looks more like Beauty and the Beauty. And yes I’ve seen a preview of the show… But even when Jay Ryan is in his full facial makeup, he still doesn’t look all that beastly. When Ron Pearlman played the beast, in the 80′s television version, he looked like an actual beast at all times.

Comment by Elicia – July 10, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more. Oooh he’s got a scar on his cheek, how hideous!!! And then he hulks out into semi-cat? Nope sorry. Missed the WHOLE point of the original show. I was all ready for some new updates and storyline changes, that’s fine. But take away the main theme of the show you’re trying to emulate? Vincent is NOT a freaking A&F model jeez. Ron Perlman should go kick this new guy’s butt!
      Boo, and I thought I could finally watch Vincent and Catherine get a happy ending :*(

Comment by Lindsay – July 10, 2012 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Itsthe CW, they are bound to ruin this show one way or the other

Comment by Stranger – July 11, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to another interview that Jay and Kristin did Vincent becoming the Beast is based more on his rage than his looks which may seem like a cop out but I still find it interesting. Plus The CW couldn’t afford to make him look like a Beast lol

Comment by TheCaptain – July 13, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my God he’s hideous! What a Beast! Look at that facial scar!! OH MY GOD!!!! Where is my pitch fork!

It’s so nice that CW is so deep and filled with character that they can remain true to a classic tale and not cast an incredibly good looking guy as the Beast. I mean do you see that facial scar!

The CW…just about the bravest network on TV.

Comment by Josh – July 10, 2012 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jay Ryan is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG

Comment by Rashad – July 10, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, someone please explain to me how this guy qualifies as beastly… because I am SO SCARED of his… terrifyingly chiseled cheekbones?

Comment by Ace – July 10, 2012 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He has a scar! A SCAR!!!

He’s practically a disfigured demon by CW standards.

Comment by Josh – July 10, 2012 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL its funny because all of the skeptics were saying before the trailer hit “he’ll probably be an abercrombie model with a snaggle tooth” they weren’t expecting a freaking SCAR!

Comment by Captain – July 10, 2012 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ppl have u not seen the trailers? He CHANGES into the beast when he is angry!! This is CW there is no way they r gonna keep their male lead covered in fur when the CW main attraction is teen girls

Comment by sara – July 10, 2012 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more I see the “beast” in this show…the more I am more compelled to check out the 80s version w/ Ron Perlman

Comment by Lauren – July 10, 2012 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was excited when i heard about this show but now that i found out he’s more like a werewolf then a true beast i’m disappointed. the beast should be a beast not convert back and forth. i hate the fact this show is based off the old one from the… 80′s? i think?

Comment by Dennis – July 10, 2012 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fans of the old BATB should stop complain that he isn’t full time beast.If he was,wouldn’t that be too unrealistic? And its a Reboot, of course it isn’t the same with the 80s version.Geez what did you expect.

Comment by Jay – July 10, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The whole point is that he could not walk among humans so he had to hide underground at all times and that is what kept the romance apart and the fact that the beautiful woman saw the inside soul of a monster.This is like Teen Wolf, Incredible Hulk, and Smallville combined. A girl liking a really cute guy!!! Real exciting and romantic , not!!

Comment by JASon – July 10, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol, because a part-time beast is realistic? Whether it’s part or full-time, whenever he is the beast he should look like one.

Comment by Elicia Gordon – July 10, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But that isn’t Beauty and the Beast. Beauty and the Beast is about a beautiful and smart dreamer is able to look past the grumpy and beastly monster to see that he’s a good man, that she loves him no matter what he looks like.

This ruins that.

Comment by Josh – July 10, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is surely gonna be a hit!! Can’t wait!

Comment by Michelle – July 10, 2012 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have got to be kidding me.

Comment by Dana – July 12, 2012 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow we get to see Kristin Kruek actually try to “act” I think I’ll pass on this one

Comment by Lynn – July 10, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow.. that artwork is really bad. Sorry, but I just feel that way.

Comment by Danielle H – July 10, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin is a beautiful actress who has real talent. If anyone deserves a hit series it is her.
    I will support her and hope this series will lead to even better things for her and her fellow cast mates and crew. Pictures and art work are great..this is a fantasy but it is still down to earth. I am glad they did not go overboard and try to do a cartoony show . Good luck folks. Make us a great show.

Comment by easy – July 10, 2012 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blah. So boring. I saw this movie once when it was called Beauty and the Beast, and the second time when it was called Beastly. The second one went way downhill from the first. I won’t get fooled again.

Comment by amy – July 11, 2012 12:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok fair enough, he can be a “beast” part time or whenever he feels like it. So why not put that “beast” on the promotional stuff , so people know there is a “beast” in Beauty and the BEAST. What the deal with using the guy in his non beast form in the promos. If the people of CW are this shallow and vain they shouldnt be attempting this TBAB in the first place. They want the exposure that comes out from this but are not willing to put in the work. What they are doing is insulting viewers intelligence.

This so far is looking liking the weakest new show on CW.

Comment by zath – July 11, 2012 03:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m shocked CW allowed a show to contain the word “beast” in the title. It’ll just scare people off and i’d be shocked if it gets a second season.

Comment by It's-a me Mario! – July 11, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just when you thought the CW couldn’t be more superficial.

Comment by Sam – July 11, 2012 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For Kristin….I am willing to wait and see.

Comment by hrmscott123 – July 11, 2012 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dude, Kristen looks more beastly than he does. He’s HOT! And even when he does transform, I don’t really think it’s enough. I mean, realistically, how are they supposed to stretch this out? If my love interest looked like that AND saves my life on a regular basis, I don’t know why we wouldn’t be together. It may be complicated, but not THAT complicated. And hot guys with beastly qualities is something that happens on The Vampire Diaries and we had it for years with Angel. Because he’s not a full beast, it doesn’t really live up to what it is. Then because he goes back and forth, it’s pretty much just like everything else. I may tune into the pilot, but I’m not intrigued. The only saving grace is how hot this guy is.

Comment by Chris – July 15, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post