Boardwalk Empire, Treme Get Premiere Dates

“Nucky” Thompson’s life of crime will resume Sunday, Sept. 16 at 9/8c, when Boardwalk Empire uncorks Season 3 — sans Michael Pitt’s Jimmy Darmody, remember.

HBO has also announced a Season 3 premiere date for Treme, which has been off the air for over a year now. The New Orleans-based drama will kick off its next, 10-episode run on Sunday, Sept. 23, at 10 pm.

RELATED | Curveball! Eastbound & Down Is Renewed for Season 4

Joining Boardwalk Empire‘s Atlantic City scene for the third season are Bobby Cannavale (as a series regular) and Stephen Root (recurring), while Paz de la Huerta (Lucy) is no longer a regular.

RELATED | HBO Orders New Seasons of The Newsroom and True Blood

Which of the two series are you most looking forward to?

1. curly says:

I don’t plan on watching Boardwalk Empire this season…once Jimmy was killed… so was my interest.

• Alex says:

They killed Jimmy too soon he was a main character ….. I think this was a show for Steve Buscemi and Micheal Pitt took up too much of the spotlight so Hollywood had him wacked….. dumb move

2. Britta Unfiltered says:

I most look forward to Treme. I have really missed that show and never forgot about it despite the extra long hiatus.
    But Boardwalk Empire is exciting too! So I guess Bobby Cannavale isn’t coming back to Nurse Jackie next year if he’s moved on to Boardwalk Empire. Stephen Root will be awesome on that show. I can totally picture him on there. And I hope he still has time to make appearances as Judge Reardon on Justified.

3. finally Treme returns! can’t wait to watch he new season!

I’m glad Lucy is not coming back this season on BE. She had a good storyline for Season 2, but it would be too much to have her back so soon.

4. MJ says:

I’m still upset over Jimmy’s death =(
    I’m looking forward to the next season even though I’m not exactly thrill with the six months or whatever time jump.

5. Tahoe Mike says:

Glad to hear that TREME is coming back! It’s about time.

6. Hard to choose which HBO Sunday block is better: Boardwalk Empire/Treme or Game of Thrones/Veep/Girls. i give the latter a slight edge, but it’s a close one.

Can’t wait for both BE and Treme.

7. JudyVee says:

Oh, you’ve made my day – my husband and I have been eagerly waiting for Treme to come back on. LOVE that show!

8. DanielleZ says:

I’ll miss Jimmy and my beloved Angela but I’m still psyched for Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire. :)

9. Magically Suspicious says:

I’m just not sure I care about Boardwalk Empire without Jimmy.

10. I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout for your blog. Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent high quality writing, it’s uncommon to peer a nice blog like this one these days..

11. Music Diva says:

Treme is a favorite of mine and my husband!!! Took way toooo looooong to bring it back,but glad you finally did :-)

12. Comment by The Resurrection of Jimmy Club says:

I would never miss an episode of Boardwalk Empire. But, since the killing of Jimmy, I have not watched one episode. Bad move to kill off Jimmy. It is not of interest without Jimmy.