Boardwalk Empire, Treme Get Premiere Dates

Get More: News, Premieres

“Nucky” Thompson’s life of crime will resume Sunday, Sept. 16 at 9/8c, when Boardwalk Empire uncorks Season 3 — sans Michael Pitt’s Jimmy Darmody, remember.

HBO has also announced a Season 3 premiere date for Treme, which has been off the air for over a year now. The New Orleans-based drama will kick off its next, 10-episode run on Sunday, Sept. 23, at 10 pm.

RELATED | Curveball! Eastbound & Down Is Renewed for Season 4

Joining Boardwalk Empire‘s Atlantic City scene for the third season are Bobby Cannavale (as a series regular) and Stephen Root (recurring), while Paz de la Huerta (Lucy) is no longer a regular.

RELATED | HBO Orders New Seasons of The Newsroom and True Blood

Which of the two series are you most looking forward to?

Comments (13)

• I don’t plan on watching Boardwalk Empire this season…once Jimmy was killed… so was my interest.

Comment by curly – July 9, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They killed Jimmy too soon he was a main character ….. I think this was a show for Steve Buscemi and Micheal Pitt took up too much of the spotlight so Hollywood had him wacked….. dumb move

Comment by Alex – August 8, 2012 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I most look forward to Treme. I have really missed that show and never forgot about it despite the extra long hiatus.
    But Boardwalk Empire is exciting too! So I guess Bobby Cannavale isn’t coming back to Nurse Jackie next year if he’s moved on to Boardwalk Empire. Stephen Root will be awesome on that show. I can totally picture him on there. And I hope he still has time to make appearances as Judge Reardon on Justified.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – July 9, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • finally Treme returns! can’t wait to watch he new season!

I’m glad Lucy is not coming back this season on BE. She had a good storyline for Season 2, but it would be too much to have her back so soon.

Comment by αrmαиndo α. – July 9, 2012 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still upset over Jimmy’s death =(
    I’m looking forward to the next season even though I’m not exactly thrill with the six months or whatever time jump.

Comment by MJ – July 9, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to hear that TREME is coming back! It’s about time.

Comment by Tahoe Mike – July 9, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hard to choose which HBO Sunday block is better: Boardwalk Empire/Treme or Game of Thrones/Veep/Girls. i give the latter a slight edge, but it’s a close one.

Can’t wait for both BE and Treme.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – July 9, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, you’ve made my day – my husband and I have been eagerly waiting for Treme to come back on. LOVE that show!

Comment by JudyVee – July 9, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll miss Jimmy and my beloved Angela but I’m still psyched for Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire. :)

Comment by DanielleZ – July 9, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just not sure I care about Boardwalk Empire without Jimmy.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – July 10, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout for your blog. Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent high quality writing, it’s uncommon to peer a nice blog like this one these days..

Comment by Offshore Cheap Web Hosting – August 29, 2012 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Treme is a favorite of mine and my husband!!! Took way toooo looooong to bring it back,but glad you finally did :-)

Comment by Music Diva – September 9, 2012 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would never miss an episode of Boardwalk Empire. But, since the killing of Jimmy, I have not watched one episode. Bad move to kill off Jimmy. It is not of interest without Jimmy.

Comment by Comment by The Resurrection of Jimmy Club – October 2, 2012 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post