Gossip Girl Taps Lost Beauty for Final Season

Gossip Girl Andrea GabrielSayid’s One True Love (unless you are to believe Lost‘s series finale, which we do not) has set her sights on the Upper East Side.

Andrea Gabriel — who portrayed the ill-fated Nadia on ABC’s mysterious island drama — has nabbed a recurring role in Gossip Girl‘s upcoming sixth and final season.

She joins the CW soap as a businesswoman from Dubai, Variety reports.

RELATED | Get Gossip Girl Scoop from Ask Ausiello

Gabriel, who comes from suds blood (she’s the daughter of Ryan’s Hope‘s John Gabriel [Seneca Beaulac] and All My Children‘s Sandy Gabriel [Edna Thornton]), most recently appeared in an episode of Franklin & Bash and will next help close out the big-screen Twilight Saga in Breaking Dawn Part 2.

Gossip Girl Season 6 launches Monday, Oct. 8 at 9/8c.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Fall TV Preview

1. Jaime says:

Huh. New love interest for Nate? Not that I’m rooting for Nate to get a new girl, because I really liked him and Lola together. But alas, she’s gone now.

• Lilys87 says:

Every new girl in town is a new love interest for Nate :D

• Captain says:

He had better chemistry with Katie Cassidy and Kaylee Defer.

• Brad says:

I can agree with you on Katie Cassidy. I actually liked Juliet and Nate together. But with Ivy, not so much… Her “Call me Serena” line makes it hard for me to take her seriously with anyone.

• Summer says:

Wasn’t that line there just to make it seem as though “Charlie” was nuts? Or was it actually coming from Ivy herself?

2. Emily says:

What’s with all the business people in season six? I like the actress, though, so hopefully her role is interesting.

3. SJ says:

Are Lola and Ivy gone, though? I thought they left it kind of open-ended.

4. Brenna says:

Yeah I believe the series finale :)

• Seth says:

Then you are an idiot.

• Drew says:

Nadia was a symbol of Sayid’s guilt. She wasn’t someone that he even knew well enough to truly love in a romantic way. She was someone that represented his darkest times and his potential for good. The final season makes sense. She’s someone that he cares about and wants to take care of, but she wasn’t his true love.

Shannon wasn’t about redemption. She wasn’t about guilt. Together, they could put their pasts aside and just be who they were. Because of that, the finale totally makes sense.

• Taller Ghost Walt says:

I’m not disagreeing with you about there being some guilt association with Nadia, but they definitely knew each other well enough for her to show up at the Oceanic 6 thingy and be together in a real relationship. He was with Shannon for like 2 weeks.

• Drew says:

It’s not about how long his relationship with Shannon lasted, it’s about what the relationship was based on and the people they were while in that relationship. They made each other the best versions of each other.

I’m not saying that Nadia didn’t matter to him or that he didn’t love her. But I don’t think that she was the one person that he was going to spend eternity with.

• John says:

I was literally about to show up and write this paragraph, but thank you for beating me to it and making me feel less alone in my perspective.

• whimsical says:

Soulmate is not the same as true love. On Lost, Nadia was Sayid’s true love, but his soul mate was Shannon. On Gossip Girl, everyone is going to be sleep with everybody at one point or the other anyway, so why bother?

5. John Locke says:

I believe the Lost series finale…

Was a waste of time.

• Ari says:

I generally like to believe that Lost ended with the episode “The Constant” That is pretty much the last quality episode they produced.

6. chrissi says:

Of course, she’ll be a love interest for Nate. She’s a guest star and that’s the requirement

7. William says:

The writers still don’t get it. Instead of repairing the damage they have with their original characters, they decide to recruit more newbies? So annoying…

8. Lexdy says:

After the MASSIVE character assasination that happened on the series finale all bets are off and I truly couldn’t care less.

I absolutely LOATHE every.single.character, except for Dorotha.

Whatever, I’m done with this mess. Blair can pin for her mysoginist, abusive, childish love, Serena can continue being an insufferable cokehead, Dan and Georgina can destroy what’s left of their social lives and Nate can continue being a manwhore afterthought.

GOD I can’t believe the day would come where I’d miss Jenny.

R.I.P the best part about this damned show, DAIR.

• Lauren says:

The best part about Gossip Girl were the first two seasons, when it was actually an enjoyable show.
      I agree that Dair is the best part of the last few seasons of Gossip Girl, which were just painful to watch. Thank God it’s ending.

• Ari says:

Um, those seasons were painful to watch BECAUSE of Dair and the animal that lived on Dan Humphrey’s head.

9. Sayid says:

Making fun of the crappy Lost finale is never not funny hehe

10. Ella says:

How dare you! Sayid’s greatest love was Shannon.