Surprise! Eastbound & Down Is Renewed

Get More: News, Renewals

Just like a blonde Kenny Powers, Eastbound & Down is back from the dead.

Though it appeared as though the third season might be the HBO comedy’s last, TVLine has confirmed that the Danny McBride-starring series is suiting up for an eight-episode Season 4.

RELATED | Emmys 2012: The Lead Actor Comedy Race in Review, Including Our Dream Nominees

In last season’s finale – which drew 1.6 million viewers — former pro baseball pitcher Kenny finally got called back up to the big leagues. But he walked away from it all, faked his death and returned to Myrtle Beach to be with April and their son.

Speculation about the show’s demise ran rampant. McBride, though, always left the door open, saying in this HBO Q&A that “as long as [Kenny Powers] is alive, there are a lot of stories you could tell.”

Comments (21)

• Did not see that one coming! The last season felt pretty final but if they think there’s more stories then let’s have it.

Comment by Jason – July 2, 2012 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super random and was not expecting it.

Comment by Teag – July 2, 2012 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show so glad returning!!!

Comment by DavidSask – July 2, 2012 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • pumped

Comment by rampage – July 2, 2012 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by jque – July 2, 2012 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kenny Powers,East Bound and Down best thing going today! Really happy he is back for a season 4!!

Comment by danny – July 3, 2012 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huzzah! I’ve missed Kenny Powers even in this short time, great we’re gonna get new episodes.

Comment by Thomas C – July 3, 2012 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow I thought the plan was to end it after this season. Still, I’ll take all the KP I can get.

Comment by AJ – July 3, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t see how they can continue this show without undermining the excellent third season finale, which should have been the series finale.

Comment by thiagofls – July 3, 2012 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool!

Comment by Velvet – July 5, 2012 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew it, I don’t know how but I did
    Btw KP went back to Shelby not MYRTLE BEACH!

Comment by Joeblow – July 6, 2012 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the 4 th season should start with kenny coaching Toby’s little league team. Toby would need to be the best player on the team (baseball prodigy) or the worst player on the team with kenny not realizing it. Stevie would be an assistant coach.

Comment by T c – August 9, 2012 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad this show is returning with a fourth season! Very few shows are really funny anymore. I seen one episode for the first time this summer and I am addicted. Please keep this one on HBO!

Comment by Jennifer – August 18, 2012 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best news I heard all summer. Best show on TV. Looks like HBO stood up to critics. Can’t wait for season 4. Kenny #@&*%$# Powers rises again!!!!

Comment by Ben – August 23, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kenny $%^&n Powers!!!!! I just heard the news of season 4…. now I’m super stoked!!! Its the only reason I got HBO and now it looks like I.ll keep it a lil while long!!!! Just keep it real…. real funny that is!!! Danny is hilarious… no one couldve played that role better!!! Best news I’ve heard all day…. other than my sister is having her baby today!!!! Ok… season 4 is better news!!!! :)

Comment by MAC – August 23, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im kenny powers! Your F@(k1ng out!!

Comment by Gareth Martin – September 22, 2012 12:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dean is the older brother of Kenny.. Trucker and racecar driver.. Ready when u r Danny

Comment by Dean Young – October 1, 2012 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kenny returned to shelby north carolina not myrtle just saying

Comment by jules – January 25, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big fan of the show but Season 3 was absolutely awful…let’s hope they put some thought and effort into making Season 4 in the vein of Seasons 1 & 2.

Comment by PJ – March 20, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know the best plot for Kenny f$&k$@ Powers to make a come back…!!! It involves him getting kid napped at his sons little league game by some…..??? Lol ahhhh no way am I saying its to good… !!! Powers contact me if you need a plot….!!! Hahaha

Comment by Aaron Baker – April 3, 2013 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wanted to drop a remark and let you know your Feed isnt functioning today. I tried adding it to my Y

Comment by willwater – July 10, 2013 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post