A&E's Longmire Saddles Up for Second Season

Sheriff Walt has a long, dusty, crime-solving road ahead of him, because A&E has renewed Longmire for a second season.

Our sister site Deadline reports that the network made the decision only four weeks into the Western-flavored drama’s inaugural season.

RELATEDLongmire Finale Scoop: Charles S. Dutton Will Rock Walt’s World

The mystery series, set in a part of Wyoming where lots of bad stuff seems to happen, stars Robert Taylor as the titular character and Battlestar Galactica grad Katee Sackhoff as his deputy, Vic. Smallville alum Cassidy Freeman plays Longmire’s daughter.

A&E apparently likes the numbers Longmire is racking up: Its premiere grabbed 4.1 million total viewers and was the channel’s most-watched scripted series debut ever.

Longmire airs Sundays at 10/9c, and its Season 1 finale is scheduled for August 5.

1. Grant says:

Tremendous show. characters are well developed and not just Katie S.. …!! Good writing… just the type of show needed today. Now don’t blow this A and E.. keep it coming.

2. jim says:

When does longmire season two start?

Thanks

3. christiane says:

I also started watching Longmire by accident and happy I did cant get enough of it.
    I hope a&e is showing another marathon soon again.Love Robert Taylor and cant
    wait for second season to start.

4. sue says:

love the show hurry up with 2nd season

5. Penny says:

Love the show, Longmire. Has anyone noticed the striking resemblance that Longmire has to Bret Favre? So glad it has been renewed.

6. Mark says:

Great choice for A&E. Believe it will continue to do well.

7. Todd Indy says:

Longmire is one of the best shows out there. Like nothing ever seen before but on the big screen with old westerns style Sheriffs.
    Like all the cast and the revealing but not really revealing relationship with Longmire and his Mrs. Deputy. What is going to take place? Or is she just keeping an eye on him?

8. Dory says:

Season 1 of Longmire was so promising. Looking forward to their return. Hope they don’t mess it up (like the Glades) with a nonsensical plot and no-talent people. I’m assuming the 2 shows will be shown back-to-back. Still like the Glades great original cast and will watch season 4 with high hopes.

9. Bill C says:

My absolute most favorite series on TV!

10. Barbara says:

PLEASE BRING LONGMIRE BACK! Love this show! When does season 2 start?

11. Donna Kent says:

I love this show, I just need to know when the new season will begin and are you running any re-runs. At least I can watch them.

12. Al Fonso says:

Think I missed an episode or two of the first season? It seemed to get lost in the shuffle for me somhow. Glad to hear it’s coming back for 2013,but I wish it were sooner than June!!