Longmire Finale Scoop: Charles S. Dutton Will Rock Walt's World

Sheriff Walt Longmire will get a blast from the past when three-time Emmy winner Charles S. Dutton appears in the A&E drama’s first-season finale.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Dutton will guest-star as a detective from Colorado who comes to Wyoming’s Absoroka County to follow up on a mysterious case from Walt’s past. The freshman series’ finale is set to air Aug. 5.

In addition to his run as the titular Roc on Fox’s early-1990s comedy, Dutton’s myriad TV credits include The L Word, Threshold, House and, most recently, a turn on American Horror Story. Two of his Emmy wins came from guest gigs on Without a Trace and The Practice.

Longmire, starring Robert Taylor, airs Sundays at 10/9c.

Comments (9)

• I love this show! The cast is perfect & dutton I’m sure will make it a great finale.

Comment by melissa – June 29, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is fantastic! Robert Taylor (Walt) is one of the sexiest men on TV!!!

Comment by Kat – June 29, 2012 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent show, great cast and writing. We need a renewal and more than 10 episodes.

Comment by Juliab. – June 29, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting news! I’m excited to see this episode.

Comment by Aimee – June 29, 2012 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it needs any stunt casting. I like the idea that I don’t know any of the cast except Phillips who isn’t overexposed. . I like Dutton well enough but I think it will be a distraction

Comment by pylgrym – June 29, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is pitch perfect – great acting, great writing, great scenery.

Comment by tvdiva – June 29, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show! The only procedural on TV I’ll willingly watch. Love the setting.

Comment by Ally – July 2, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for next season. The depth of cast is reassuring as anyone can hold the scene. There are no weak links. Cinematography and film editing is high end. Our family has enjoyed all of the shows.

Comment by RW Craig – September 1, 2012 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really love the show cause not many shows are worth watching these days. Having to wait untill Aug is asking a lot. May buy the first season so I can have the show whenever I need something good to watch.

Comment by Lillian D Daughtridge – December 22, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post