Exclusive

Longmire Finale Scoop: Charles S. Dutton Will Rock Walt's World

Sheriff Walt Longmire will get a blast from the past when three-time Emmy winner Charles S. Dutton appears in the A&E drama’s first-season finale.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Dutton will guest-star as a detective from Colorado who comes to Wyoming’s Absoroka County to follow up on a mysterious case from Walt’s past. The freshman series’ finale is set to air Aug. 5.

In addition to his run as the titular Roc on Fox’s early-1990s comedy, Dutton’s myriad TV credits include The L Word, Threshold, House and, most recently, a turn on American Horror Story. Two of his Emmy wins came from guest gigs on Without a Trace and The Practice.

Longmire, starring Robert Taylor, airs Sundays at 10/9c.

1. melissa says:

I love this show! The cast is perfect & dutton I’m sure will make it a great finale.

2. Kat says:

This show is fantastic! Robert Taylor (Walt) is one of the sexiest men on TV!!!

3. Juliab. says:

Excellent show, great cast and writing. We need a renewal and more than 10 episodes.

4. Aimee says:

Great casting news! I’m excited to see this episode.

5. pylgrym says:

I don’t think it needs any stunt casting. I like the idea that I don’t know any of the cast except Phillips who isn’t overexposed. . I like Dutton well enough but I think it will be a distraction

6. tvdiva says:

This show is pitch perfect – great acting, great writing, great scenery.

7. Ally says:

Great show! The only procedural on TV I’ll willingly watch. Love the setting.

8. RW Craig says:

Can’t wait for next season. The depth of cast is reassuring as anyone can hold the scene. There are no weak links. Cinematography and film editing is high end. Our family has enjoyed all of the shows.

9. Lillian D Daughtridge says:

Really love the show cause not many shows are worth watching these days. Having to wait untill Aug is asking a lot. May buy the first season so I can have the show whenever I need something good to watch.

10. Phoebe says:

I didn’t like the fact he hit the women or some of the other officers are kind of dumb and will quit watching if the last one gets killed, it just doesn’t seem right, after all he has been through and all he has done to help. lol