Fall TV: The CW Sets Premiere Dates, Delaying Launches Until October

Get More: Premieres

Following NBC and Fox, The CW is the third broadcast network to detail its fall TV premiere plan, which as previously announced won’t swing into action until October (so as to avoid the Big 4′s September crush).

RELATED | The CW Sets Premiere Dates for L.A. Complex Season 2, Collegiate Top Model and More

All told, the network’s game plan looks a little something like this, with new shows designated in ALL CAPS (click title for details):

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 2
8 pm Hart of Dixie

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3
9 pm  Supernatural

MONDAY, OCTOBER 8
8 pm 90210
9 pm Gossip Girl (Final season premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10
8 pm ARROW (Series Premiere)

RELATED | Fall Preview: TVLine’s Snapshot Guide to All the New Shows

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11
8 pm The Vampire Diaries
9 pm BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (Series Premiere)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16
9 pm EMILY OWENS, M.D. (Series Premiere)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19
8 pm America’s Next Top Model: College Edition (premiering Aug. 24)
9 pm Nikita

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Ringer, The Secret Circle, One Tree Hill (which aired its series finale on April 4), H8R and Remodeled.

Tags:

Comments (97)

• PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make another season on the secret circle you cant just end it that intense and not make another one :/ i love that show :(

Comment by Davis Rangimarie – November 12, 2012 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not believe I just found out about The Secret Circle this past week on netflicks. I have never heard of it before and decided to watch the whole season. I was so glued to my phone and tv for the last week watching the episodes. I would watch it on my netflicks app before bed, while I do my make up, and the dishes. I was literally eating, breathing, and sleeping this show! I loved it so much!!! I just finished watching the season finale and now i am so heart broken that this is cancelled. 😖 I never thought that the cw had good shows but I was totally wrong. I was telling all my friends how I was hooked on this show and that they need to watch it. I so hope that they bring it back !!! I use to watch charmed and a few others but nothing that I have seen compares to this show.

Comment by Anne – December 7, 2012 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? ARE YOU CRAZY? THE SECRET CIRCLE WAS THE BEAT SHOW ON THERE! YOU MUST BE A MORON TO HAVE NOT MADE A SEASON 2. WOW. THANKS FOR KILLING MY JOY. MY LIFE IS RUINED. SOMEONE PLEASE KNOCK SOME SENCE INTO THESE PEOPLE! THE HAVE GONE COMPLETELY INSANE. >:(

Comment by Dallas Sail – December 26, 2012 11:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily Owens is a really great show, and it is stupid to cancel it so early in the game. I am so sick of the CW giving us adult entertainment and then canceling it so swiftly. Grownups like this show she is a great actress so natural and unassuming that is why some feel like she isn’t acting. I will miss it very much. I wish some other smart network would pick it up give it the attention it deserves and it would be a hit. Rethink this decision please.

Comment by boshay – December 30, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss The Secret Circle and Ringer!! I loved both those shows and watched every episode!!!

Comment by Savannah – January 2, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am Very upset that Ringer and Secret Circle are canceled those were some great shows I been watching some time now! I hardly cant watch other tv shows because they aren’t interesting as Ringer or Secret Circle. I hope it will be uncancled if thats possible!

Comment by Thary – January 10, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING THE SECRET CIRCLE BACK it was my favorite show :(

Comment by steph – January 15, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is the secret circle season 2 starting soon season one was amazing I am in love with this show!!!

Comment by carmen – January 22, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really bummed they are taking two of my favorite shows away from me Ringer and The Secret Circle come on CW why???

Comment by Darcy – October 15, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post