Exclusive First Look: Someone Will [Spoiler] in Covert Affairs' Season 3 Premiere… But Who?

Life as a CIA agent is risky business. And in this exclusive first look at a fresh promo for USA Network’s Covert Affairs, which returns in a big way next month, you’ll get a sense of just how deadly the new season will be.

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line on NCIS, Scandal, The Closer, Covert Affairs, Fairly Legal, Psych and More

As you can see in the trailer below, the spy drama isn’t playing coy about the premiere’s main event (“Someone will die,” it promises). But to find out the identity of the fallen, you’ll have to wait until Season 3 debuts on July 10 (at 10/9c).

Press PLAY on the preview and then hit the comments with your guesses on who’s biting it.

Comments (50)

• God willing it’s Jai, but seeing as I hate him they’re likely to keep him around and get rid of someone I actually like.

Comment by brynna87 – June 28, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My first thought was please let it Jai too, but I think it is Joan.

Comment by GeoDiva – June 28, 2012 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah my guess is on Joan to seeing as Matt spoiled Annie having a new boss

Comment by Elizabeth – June 28, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • thats what i thought too!

Comment by hayley – June 29, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think it’s Jai or Ben. Because USA network has interviews with the actors playing Auggie, Annie, Joan, and Author… But not Jai and they make mention of bring back all Annie’s live interest of past seasons and going more in depth in Joan and Author marriage… Which they can’t do if Joan is dead.

Comment by Sara – July 4, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here’s hoping it will be Jai!!!

Comment by Spikesgrl – June 29, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People there are 4 people targeted in the promo. I think it’s Anne Dudek’s character (the sister).

Comment by Fyrkat – June 29, 2012 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The promo does not mean it will be one of those four. Also, they will not kill off Annie’s sister. She needs some attachment outside the CIA.

Comment by Amanda – July 5, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh, what’s his face the Israeli guy. He’s enough in the show to be an impact not completely enough to ruin it. Maybe?

Comment by em – June 28, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oded fehr is the actors name i believe. Eyal Lavine is the character name.

Comment by TJCrinc – June 28, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope it isn’t him. They have great chemistry together.

Comment by Kelly – June 29, 2012 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joan?

Comment by ben – June 28, 2012 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it might be Joan since I read somewhere on TVLine Annie gets a new boss.

Comment by Elizabeth – June 28, 2012 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s what I thought too, I read that article as well. I hope not though, I like her.

Comment by Kristina – June 28, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sounds likely…Which sucks because I like Joan as well…Unless it’s Joan’s husband(name blanking) who dies and she steps down to deal with the grief.

Comment by Josh – June 28, 2012 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Maybe he dies and Joan gets promoted to take his spot, leaving her job available for this new boss person.

Comment by Ace – June 29, 2012 05:15 AM PDT
        • I like her too, just think it could be likely. What is she going to do on the show if Annie is reassigned (even if she isn’t ‘replaced’ as such).

Can’t really see it being Jai. No way in heck is it Auggie, everyone loves Auggie. And it would be a surprise to me if it was a non-regular such as Jai’s father or the Mossad agent.

Comment by ben – June 28, 2012 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I think it is Joan because I believe Annie is getting a new boss.

Comment by rose – June 28, 2012 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Annie gets a new MENTOR. Not Necessarily a new Boss. My money is on either Jai or Eyal.

Comment by TheDude – June 28, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, they said she gets a new boss. Just another case of accidentally revealing who gets killed off. This is why casting notices should wait till’ after premiers, let everyone be surprised.

Comment by Angelo – June 28, 2012 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No if you watch the 3 minute season 3 promo on Youtube you will see she has been reassigned. Meaning yes it could be Joan but i don’t think it is. I think its Jai based on this 3 minute promo.

Comment by greysfan – June 28, 2012 07:15 PM PDT
  • I don’t care who it is as long as its not Auggie.

Comment by Anna – June 28, 2012 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jai’s father?

Comment by It's-a me Mario! – June 28, 2012 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • mmm, I think Eyal or Ben Mercer. Maybe, Jai. But At least, Jai, I don’t think so.

Comment by Tanya – June 28, 2012 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree wth the Israeli guy. Though I really like the character, he could be offed and it would bug Aniie an no one else on the show. I’ll miss him though!

Comment by K – June 28, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perhaps it’s Authur who dies. His was almost out of a job last season anyway. Joan could take his position leaving her job open. Jai will want it but get passed over, again. Jai will get more resentful and go running to Daddy, again.

Comment by D – June 28, 2012 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you.

Comment by Temperence – June 29, 2012 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Based on the fact everyone from the cast but Joan was shown in the trailer…

Comment by Zak – June 28, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ok besides reading all the online speculation you all should go to the covert affairs website. they have season 3 teaser interviews with only 4 regular caste member about what will happen this season… The four interviewed; Annie, Auggie, Joan, and Author. Which makes it pretty clear that these four are safe but someone else is toast. That leaves Eyal, Ben, Jai, Dannelle, doctor Steve, Jais Dad, Connor, and Annie’s brother-in-law all as possible goners.. Plus the actress who plays Dannelle was pregnant in the season 2 finale and might want out.. Just a thought

Comment by Sara – July 4, 2012 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else feel like the writers didn’t know what to do with Jai this past season? I think it’ll be him. I hope it’s not Joan; I think her and Arthur have a really interesting relationship.

Comment by Gilda – June 28, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty sure its Jai because he’s seen at the diner where the car blows up and he seemed worried like someone was after him. Annie gets a new boss but there’s a promo pic of the new boss in a scene with Joan and Arthur.
    While Jai has pissed me off recently, I’m really gonna miss seeing Sendhil cuz i like him :(

Comment by Jenna Vento (@jvento) – June 28, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it’s Jai coz I love Sendhil Ramamurthy and he is so wasted on this terrible show. The 1st season was so good and the 2nd was boring as hell. What happened?

Comment by Peter – June 28, 2012 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh i so agree with you about sendhil’s talent being wasted. but i think its ben…character was never developed and the writers have tried to kill him (and his loyal fans) off twice. plus the actor’s a regular on another show and,surprisingly to me,he’s wonderful. my #3 favorite character.

Comment by jen – July 2, 2012 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know a show is in trouble when they have to start off a season by teasing the death of a character. I stopped watching less than half way through season 2 and no matter who dies I won’t be watching again.

Comment by Paulette – June 28, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope it’s not Joan, although I did notice her absence in the trailer. Honestly, I actually do kind of hope it’s Jai. I think the actor is great, but I feel like they’ve never really known what to do with the character, and his storyline in S2 was terrible. I was hoping they’d start sending him out on missions with Annie, but since they don’t seem to want to do that, then write him out. I’m completely over the “See Jai sulk and play office politics” storyline.

Comment by JC – June 28, 2012 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jai dies. Its obvious from the extended recap and promo on YouTube that she is talking to Jai in a diner in that suit and then they try and baulk you by showing you other scenes before the car outside the diner blows up. Its all in the clues if you look for them.

Comment by greysfan – June 28, 2012 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They said that she gets a new boss, but they also said that Annie and auggie would not be working in the same area. So if Annie movies departments, her new boss and Joan could both still be alive.

Comment by Maggie – June 28, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m at least 75% sure it’s Jai’s car that blows up. I’d be kind of disappointed, though; I STARTED watching Covert Affairs because of Sendhil Ramamurthy. I stayed because of Auggie, though…I just remember Sendhil teasing last year that they had this whole arc for Jai this year, and was at least moderately curious. Plus, c’mon, we haven’t seen the abs-off yet and where is the world without a little objectifying? Maybe it’s Henry, though, or that Liza Hearn. Oh! Oh! Or Ben. Yeah, that would be kind of awesome. Never did like that character. Then again, they already almost-killed him once, sooo. Through the wonderful power of deductive reasoning, I don’t think it’s Joan, Arthur, Auggie, or Eyal, at least. Don’t know about the rest except that I’m pretty sure I saw Jai’s car go kablooey. Sad day.

Comment by Penguins – June 28, 2012 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that its her sister. There has been no comments or interviews from her.

Comment by BaltimoreJaxs – June 28, 2012 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s the sister too, by a car bomb ment for Annie.

Comment by J – June 29, 2012 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that Annie is the one that “dies” and she is assigned to a covert division of the CIA to work on something secret, which explains why she gets a new boss.

Comment by Michael Sacal – June 29, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree w/ BaltimoreJaxs… it must be her sister, ben or eyal.. Jay’s going after Joan’s job this season, at least that’s what the actor said… that he’s going after joan’s job but he will feel that maybe it wasn’t quite that what he wished for…
    Annie will have a new mentor, but that doesn’t mean that Joan’s out of the picture.

Comment by anakl – June 29, 2012 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe it’s Jai. I have a feeling….

Comment by Misha – June 29, 2012 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter Gallagher’s talent has been so grossly underutilized that I hope it’s him so we can stop having him show up every couple episodes for a scene or and let him go do something useful with his skill.

Comment by Chance – June 29, 2012 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • until they get rid of the “blind guy as cia operative” nonsense, i’m not watching this show. talk about STRETCHING. “hey, we have terrorists closing in! get the blind guy!” whatever, hollywood.

Comment by Jack – June 29, 2012 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah you’re dumb. And since you aren’t watching the show why are you even commenting? The “Blind Guy” as you so eloquently put it, is an in-house agent. He handles a lot of the tech stuff. So please shut up and keep your ignorant ass comments to yourself.

Comment by Chance – June 29, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am going with Annie’s sister.

Comment by bndiniowa – June 30, 2012 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • new picture shows arthur and auggie,looking solemn, wearing black ribbons. so probably ben. auggie’s going to need that new psychotherapist

Comment by jen – July 3, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Auggie’s peace corp girl friend? That might ramp the love interest angle again, but what’s she doing back in the states?”

Comment by Bob – July 9, 2012 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post