TV's Best Bad Boy Bracket Reaches Day 3: Buffy, Vamp Diaries, Pretty Little Liars Faves Compete!

Bad boys, bad boys. Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they vote for you?

Well, hopefully they’ll be appreciative, right? But even if they’re not, you’ve got to do your civic duty and vote in the Day 3 showdowns of our TV’s Ultimate Bad Boy Bracket Tournament, a competition that celebrates 64 classic small-screen roles — from the guys you shouldn’t take home to mama, to the ones that might get the urge to hold her at gunpoint and loot her jewelry box.

Today, you’ll have to put a stake in the heart of at least one popular bloodsucker — The Vampire Diaries‘ Klaus is up against Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Spike — and then pick a winner in the battle of another Buffy-verse character, Angel, and Pretty Little Liars‘ Noel Kahn.

Every day for the next month, we’ll kick off a new set of matchups in a single-elimination format that will whittle our field of 64 down to one ultimate champ. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

If you’re wondering what criteria we used to pick our players, we cast our net rather wide — including fellas who are dark and a little bit dangerous, truly good guys with naughty, maybe even promiscuous streaks, and actual evildoers who are nevertheless tough to root against. (We also put a cap of two cast members per show for the bracket, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

If you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Tattoo says:

Klaus!

2. Jess says:

can’t wait for the next round of Angel versus Spike. Team Spike all the way! I just re-watched most of BtVS and fell in love with Spike again. Angel is too broody. :( *dodges rotten tomatoes*

3. MLO says:

Ahhh… I miss Spike.

Best quotes (man, it’s hard to pick – he had so many):

“What’s this? Sittin’ around watching the telly while there’s evil still afoot? It’s not very industrious of you. I say we go out there and kick a little demon ass! What, can’t go without your Buffy, is that it? Let’s find her! She is the chosen one, after all. Come on! Vampires! Grrr! Nasty! Let’s annihilate them, for justice, and for… the safety of puppies… and Christmas, right? Let’s fight that evil! Let’s kill something! Oh, come on!”

“We like to talk big… vampires do. “I’m going to destroy the world.” That’s just tough-guy talk. Strutting around with your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I like this world. You’ve got…dog racing, Manchester United. And you’ve got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It’s all right here. But then someone comes along with a vision. With a real… passion for destruction. Angel could pull it off. Good-bye, Picadilly. Farewell, Leicester-bloody-Square.”

“Isn’t it a fantastic day? Birds singin’, squirrels making lots of rotten little squirrels, sun beamin’ down in a nice non-fatal way. It’s very exciting. Can’t wait to see if I freckle.”

And my favorite…

“I do remember what I said. The promise. To protect her. If I’d done that … even if I didn’t make it, you wouldn’t’ve had to jump. I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted, of course. But after that. Every night after that. I’d see it all again, do something different. Faster or more clever, you know? Dozens of times, lots of different ways …Every night I save you.”

• Lisa says:

The “oh, come on” is one of my absolute fave Spike quotes – also love the quote earlier in the episde when he is “incognito” – just an old friend of Xander’s here (with that really bad accent)

• andreea says:

Out for a walk…..bitch …..classic Spike :D

4. Velvet says:

Spike & Angel FTW – The other guys never had a chance.

5. farsia2010 says:

Angel vs Noel!! ridiculous! they don’t even play in the same universe. Noel is a bug in comparison.

and Spike and Klaus makes me want to ask: Klaus who?
    Spike all the way!!

6. ziggoz says:

Angel next to the Buffy, he always behaved like a vampire good, passionate, always very kind, but Spike, on the other side does not, he always proved to be a real bad boy, and even that was also in love with Buffy, he always showed a lot of evil, sarcasm and ready for a good fight, for a little blood. Spike was a genuine bad boy, no doubt.

7. Marina Sabino says:

Angel and Spike, of course! Buffy The Vampire Slayer for the win always!

8. Karen says:

Of course I have to go with Angel & Spike.Klaus never stood a chance against the original “Big Bad” Spike,If you’ve watched Buffy you know what I mean.

• Karen says:

But surely everyone has watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer,Right? If you have haven’t you don’t know anything about life & should go watch it right away.

9. Renee says:

Spike is the ultimate bad boy. They didn’t call him the “Big Bad ” for nothing.