Exclusive

CSI: NY Exclusive: Rob Morrow Cast In Scorching Season-Opening Arc

Rob MorrowCSI: NY will be on fire — literally — when it kicks off Season 9, and to hopefully help put out the flames, the CBS drama is recruiting Rob Morrow.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Numb3rs alum will guest-star in the new season’s first two episodes as a previously convicted arsonist who has recently been released from prison. When a new rash of fires erupt across New York City, the NYPD and the CSIs turn to Morrow’s expert firebug for help.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Since the end of Numb3rs six-season run, Morrow has fronted the ABC legal drama The Whole Truth and guested on several episodes of Entourage.

CSI: NY, one of 19 shows renewed by CBS for the 2012-13 TV season, will air this fall on Fridays at 8/7c — and hour earlier than in recent years, leading into the new legal drama Made In Jersey.

1. Hardline_Pro says:

They should have renewed both CSI: NY and Miami for one last, short 13 episode season. This will be NY’s last, and they now had 3 chances to create a good series finale. Not fair.

2. Zoe says:

Good for him! I love Rob Morrow, and I’m really happy to see him getting work. :)

3. Bella says:

I’m happy to see Rob Morrow on t.v. again, even if it’s just for a short stint. I thought CSI NY has done a good job the last few seasons of giving us a season finale that could have served as a series finale if necessary. Now that the show runners have an end date, they can do it even better. I liked CSI Miami at first, but then they seemed to be recycling so many plotlines that I stopped watching that one 3 or 4 years ago.

4. Jessica says:

I am happy to see that CSI:NY will be able to give the fans a proper send off. I wonder if Melina Kanakaredes will make an appearance in the final.

5. Sarah says:

Have I missed something? Has CSI:NY been given an end date?

• Barbie says:

Nope, everyone’s just speculating. People really never know what will happen. I’m pretty sure it’ll go up to the 10th season, it won’t end in the 9th. I, for one, I was THRILLED that CSI:NY stayed, and think CSI:Miami had run its course (actually, it was past due), and had a pretty good and decent finale. YAY CBS for making the best decision regarding the 2012 schedule! <3

6. Juliab. says:

Thanks Matt. I’m happy to see Rob morrow back on my screen. I don’t think CSI/NY has been given an end date. I think people just assume this will be the final season.

7. suzi says:

I was very glad to see CSY:NY return, and I’m also glad to see Morrow. He was wonderful in Numb3ers (and Northen Exposure), and I’m looking forward to next season-and hopefully another after that.

8. King says:

Awesome news!

Now, the losers should just STFU and stop blaming CSI: NY for Miami’s demise.

9. Thanks CBS for keeping CSI NY alive. Glad to see Rob Morrow again too!

10. dana says:

Is CSI Miammi really done? That stinks but I am glad to see CSI NY still running I like both so atleast one is still on…

11. Laura says:

They should at least give CSI Miami the proper goodbye and let it run one more season or at least a two hour movie

12. Tara says:

I love csi ny , I wish it should have a longer season and episodes so yes I’m glad they renew it. I’m very thrilled of it. I just hoping nothing happens bad like what happened to Mac in the last episode.

13. I LOVE BEST BUDDIES MARYLAND I HAVE GREAT JOB!! I LOVE MY BEST BUDDIES MARYLAND OFFICE.
    Mikey,
    06/27/12

14. Please, why do they have to end CSI NY at all, it is a very good show and it make’s sense to keep it running, is there anyone taking note at how the fan’s like this show, do they, the people at CBS really care,?,you have great writer’s for this programme, a loyal fan base and a fantastic crew to keep it running let alone a great cast, What is up with you people, you kept us on tender hook’s shortened the series and are now saying this is the last season, come on,let it get too it’s 250th episode at least…..

15. sarah says:

Where does it say in this article that CSI NY is ending?
    I like Rob Morrow so I am excited to see him on CSI NY

16. Jay Tolson says:

Who’s place is Morrow taking. I do not want to lose any of the regulars.

17. janeybaby says:

is csi miami done or is it comming back.

18. Dee says:

Any show Morrow is in is worth watching!

19. Paige rebolledo says:

it’s not csi:Ny’s fault Miami is ending I love both but NY more it way more interesting and gripping DON’T END CSI NY IT WOULD BE A BAD MISTAKE TO THE FANS

20. Michael Jefford says:

csi ny is not ending, not if I have anything to do with it :D. I want to see it reach at least the 10th season! Come on guys.

21. Merrisam says:

Rob Morrow; CSI-NY; I’ll probably watch and re-watch!

22. Angelyn says:

I love csi ny and miami..i dont like csi..i love rob morrow..he should get lots more wotk..

23. Sissy Skaggs says:

I think CSI: NY & Miami should stay & CSI be canceled. From what I have read everyone prefers CSI: NY & Miami over CSI. Hopefully CBS gets it right.

• Sue carter says:

I don’t agree csi ny and csi should stay cos the ginger bloke in csi miami was rubbish,he just stood around looking lost and those bloody sun glasses got on my nerves, I’m glad he’s gone!

24. Sue carter says:

I’m loving numbers with rob morrow, but we have only just got series two and its already ended. What a shame, I’m also loving Gary sinise in csi ny, I hope that’s not going to end too soon as we have only watched a few episodes with sella ward , who is doing a fabulous job my I say . I love quite a few American programmes, I didn’t like csi Miami I thought the ginger bloke was too posie,

25. Shar says:

Just a short comment on CSI and CSI NY, in my opinion two of the best shows on TV right now. Love to see how they solve the crimes as long as they keep it to that and not get too involved in personal episodes. Keep to the crime solving and keep CSI and NY running strong. CSI Miami, NEVER WATCHED IT. Actors need to be able to act, they couldn’t, in my opinion. Miss William Peterson (Grissom) on CSI, but the cast on both CSI’s are doing a great job. Will be a VERY poor day if they take either one of these shows off. Listening CBS? Other keepers; Person of Interest, NCIS, Elementary, Blue Bloods, just to name a few.