CSI: NY Exclusive: Rob Morrow Cast In Scorching Season-Opening Arc

Rob MorrowCSI: NY will be on fire — literally — when it kicks off Season 9, and to hopefully help put out the flames, the CBS drama is recruiting Rob Morrow.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Numb3rs alum will guest-star in the new season’s first two episodes as a previously convicted arsonist who has recently been released from prison. When a new rash of fires erupt across New York City, the NYPD and the CSIs turn to Morrow’s expert firebug for help.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Since the end of Numb3rs six-season run, Morrow has fronted the ABC legal drama The Whole Truth and guested on several episodes of Entourage.

CSI: NY, one of 19 shows renewed by CBS for the 2012-13 TV season, will air this fall on Fridays at 8/7c — and hour earlier than in recent years, leading into the new legal drama Made In Jersey.

Comments (32)

• They should have renewed both CSI: NY and Miami for one last, short 13 episode season. This will be NY’s last, and they now had 3 chances to create a good series finale. Not fair.

Comment by Hardline_Pro – June 27, 2012 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes I agree. I love both csi ny and Miami. I was sad to see Miami go, but I’m glad ny was renewed

Comment by Anthony_L – July 22, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for him! I love Rob Morrow, and I’m really happy to see him getting work. :)

Comment by Zoe – June 27, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy to see Rob Morrow on t.v. again, even if it’s just for a short stint. I thought CSI NY has done a good job the last few seasons of giving us a season finale that could have served as a series finale if necessary. Now that the show runners have an end date, they can do it even better. I liked CSI Miami at first, but then they seemed to be recycling so many plotlines that I stopped watching that one 3 or 4 years ago.

Comment by Bella – June 27, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am happy to see that CSI:NY will be able to give the fans a proper send off. I wonder if Melina Kanakaredes will make an appearance in the final.

Comment by Jessica – June 27, 2012 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i really hope that melina kanakareddes come back,she was the mother of the CSIs, I think that she is one million times better than sela ward!

Comment by serieslover – June 28, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blerg. I disagree. I was so happy when Stella left.

Comment by Jo – June 29, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have I missed something? Has CSI:NY been given an end date?

Comment by Sarah – June 27, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope, everyone’s just speculating. People really never know what will happen. I’m pretty sure it’ll go up to the 10th season, it won’t end in the 9th. I, for one, I was THRILLED that CSI:NY stayed, and think CSI:Miami had run its course (actually, it was past due), and had a pretty good and decent finale. YAY CBS for making the best decision regarding the 2012 schedule! <3

Comment by Barbie – June 27, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt. I’m happy to see Rob morrow back on my screen. I don’t think CSI/NY has been given an end date. I think people just assume this will be the final season.

Comment by Juliab. – June 27, 2012 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was very glad to see CSY:NY return, and I’m also glad to see Morrow. He was wonderful in Numb3ers (and Northen Exposure), and I’m looking forward to next season-and hopefully another after that.

Comment by suzi – June 27, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news!

Now, the losers should just STFU and stop blaming CSI: NY for Miami’s demise.

Comment by King – June 27, 2012 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks CBS for keeping CSI NY alive. Glad to see Rob Morrow again too!

Comment by Tracy Hazenstab – June 27, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is CSI Miammi really done? That stinks but I am glad to see CSI NY still running I like both so atleast one is still on…

Comment by dana – June 27, 2012 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should at least give CSI Miami the proper goodbye and let it run one more season or at least a two hour movie

Comment by Laura – June 27, 2012 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love csi ny , I wish it should have a longer season and episodes so yes I’m glad they renew it. I’m very thrilled of it. I just hoping nothing happens bad like what happened to Mac in the last episode.

Comment by Tara – June 27, 2012 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE BEST BUDDIES MARYLAND I HAVE GREAT JOB!! I LOVE MY BEST BUDDIES MARYLAND OFFICE.
    Mikey,
    06/27/12

Comment by MICHAEL ARTHUR TAYLOR JR. – June 27, 2012 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Birthday csi: Ny

Comment by MICHAEL ARTHUR TAYLOR JR. – June 27, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, why do they have to end CSI NY at all, it is a very good show and it make’s sense to keep it running, is there anyone taking note at how the fan’s like this show, do they, the people at CBS really care,?,you have great writer’s for this programme, a loyal fan base and a fantastic crew to keep it running let alone a great cast, What is up with you people, you kept us on tender hook’s shortened the series and are now saying this is the last season, come on,let it get too it’s 250th episode at least…..

Comment by Karin Cocking – June 28, 2012 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where does it say in this article that CSI NY is ending?
    I like Rob Morrow so I am excited to see him on CSI NY

Comment by sarah – June 28, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who’s place is Morrow taking. I do not want to lose any of the regulars.

Comment by Jay Tolson – June 28, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is csi miami done or is it comming back.

Comment by janeybaby – June 30, 2012 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any show Morrow is in is worth watching!

Comment by Dee – July 2, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s not csi:Ny’s fault Miami is ending I love both but NY more it way more interesting and gripping DON’T END CSI NY IT WOULD BE A BAD MISTAKE TO THE FANS

Comment by Paige rebolledo – July 5, 2012 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • csi ny is not ending, not if I have anything to do with it :D. I want to see it reach at least the 10th season! Come on guys.

Comment by Michael Jefford – August 11, 2012 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rob Morrow; CSI-NY; I’ll probably watch and re-watch!

Comment by Merrisam – September 18, 2012 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love csi ny and miami..i dont like csi..i love rob morrow..he should get lots more wotk..

Comment by Angelyn – September 28, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think CSI: NY & Miami should stay & CSI be canceled. From what I have read everyone prefers CSI: NY & Miami over CSI. Hopefully CBS gets it right.

Comment by Sissy Skaggs – October 5, 2012 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t agree csi ny and csi should stay cos the ginger bloke in csi miami was rubbish,he just stood around looking lost and those bloody sun glasses got on my nerves, I’m glad he’s gone!

Comment by Sue carter – March 3, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m loving numbers with rob morrow, but we have only just got series two and its already ended. What a shame, I’m also loving Gary sinise in csi ny, I hope that’s not going to end too soon as we have only watched a few episodes with sella ward , who is doing a fabulous job my I say . I love quite a few American programmes, I didn’t like csi Miami I thought the ginger bloke was too posie,

Comment by Sue carter – March 3, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just a short comment on CSI and CSI NY, in my opinion two of the best shows on TV right now. Love to see how they solve the crimes as long as they keep it to that and not get too involved in personal episodes. Keep to the crime solving and keep CSI and NY running strong. CSI Miami, NEVER WATCHED IT. Actors need to be able to act, they couldn’t, in my opinion. Miss William Peterson (Grissom) on CSI, but the cast on both CSI’s are doing a great job. Will be a VERY poor day if they take either one of these shows off. Listening CBS? Other keepers; Person of Interest, NCIS, Elementary, Blue Bloods, just to name a few.

Comment by Shar – April 6, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post