'Missing' Happy Endings Season 2 Episode Is (Sorta) Scheduled

The a-mah-zing news: Happy Endings‘ MIA episode will finally be seen.

The ugh-mazing part: It won’t be premiering on TV.

TVLine has confirmed that the ABC comedy’s unaired, kickball-centric Season 2 installment will be unveiled at Outfest 2012, the 30th annual Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Film Festival taking place in sunny SoCal July 12-22. A broadcast airdate, however, has still not been set, a network rep tells us.

RELATED | ABC Renews Happy Endings For Season 3

Happy star Adam Pally recently spilled all to TVLine about what to expect from the Bad News Bears-eqsue episode which swaps in kickball for our national pastime. “I get to play the Walter Matthau character [the team's coach],” he teased. “It’s all six of us plus Scotty [played by Childrens Hospital's Seth Morris] taking on all the Chicago businesses, like a local nail salon and a deep-dish pie shop.”

The Happy Endings writers first revealed the Outfest premiere news via Twitter.

TAGS:
GET MORE: News, Scheduling News

1. Vegas Guy says:

“Season 2 installment will be unveiled at Outfest 2012..”

Everything you need to know about why I hate this show is right there.. (and I’m not homophobic so don’t start).

• Streed says:

…Is it because they’re unveiling it?

• serene23 says:

Then why do you care. Explain why this is the reason you hate the show.

Great show btw!!! Can’t wait for season three!!!

• wordsmith says:

Yeah, other than homophobia, I can’t quite picture what else about that statement would encapsulate why you hate the show. Maybe the fact that it had a second season? Help us out here…

• W says:

so you hate this show because its unaired episode is premiering at Outfest. beside being exactly what you said you’re not, i dunno what else are you trying to say.

• Captain says:

So you hate that they made two seasons and are unveiling the episode in 2012? Cause I don’t think there is any other way to interpret “I hate shows that associate with gay film festivals”

• Sheila says:

Do you hate the word “unveil”?

2. Lucas says:

Nah, have seen this episode already (it aired on the U.K.), it’s not a good one.

• tmac11 says:

I thought it was hilarious

• Dizzle says:

Really? I enjoyed it a lot! I can see why they picked the Wedding episode as the finale, but the Kickball episode was genius! So glad that, for once, living in the UK has an upside :D

• Jay says:

Yeah, I saw it in the UK too and it’s pretty average. Is kind of a standalone episode so wouldn’t be surprised if they slotted it randomly into season 3.

3. Gogo says:

Great news. I wish it was on tv but Casey Wilson and Adam Pally will be on a panel discussing the show. I will be in attendance.

4. Jeff says:

I don’t understand your comment Vegas Guy….but anyways…I found the episode online already as it aired on E4 in England already. It’s a pretty good episode…don’t understand why a)it wasn’t apart of the original season b)why hold off so long for one episode?

5. tim says:

Is the episode somehow controversial?

• wordsmith says:

I think it was less about content and more about scheduling (i.e. they wanted to air the finale on a certain date to maximize ratings). This just happened to be the episode that was easiest to remove plot-wise.

• Mikael says:

I think ABC wanted to get “The B in 23″ out as quickly as possible, so they rushed the finale of Happy Endings. Alot of the new episodes aired when everything else on their Wednesday night lineup was still in repeats, which is probably why ratings slipped. I hope they treat it better next season.

6. The episode was really funny I thought. It’s all over the internet.

7. tvaddict says:

They announced it on twitter earlier today as well

8. Brad says:

you can find the unaired episode on Project Free TV… I watched it there last month

9. Brock says:

Loved the ep – love the show. Thank goodness ABC wised up and scheduled a S3, sadly though they were too dumb to rule Cougar Town!

10. Alex says:

I find it funny that both seasons of Happy Endings had an un-aired leftover episode that showed up some time in the summer…but yeah, funny episode, but can see why it was the one that they took out.

11. Steve Gray says:

Is a fun episode, not especially gay…..but features a great cameo from mike from ‘Veep’.

12. cjeffery7 says:

okaaayyyy… but i probably wont be attending outfest soo….. how can i see it otherwise ABC???

13. TheDude says:

Why doesn’t ABC just make it available on demand?

14. Lindsey says:

It is a funny episode. I shouldn’t say this, but there are ways for it to be seen. (Just not necessarily legally.) It already aired in the UK and appeared on several Web sites after. Just do a little searching, and you can find it.

15. A says:

the episodes wasn’t good at all.

16. Ella says:

Er, it’s already online. I thought it was a great episode :)

17. Irvin says:

Hasn’t this episode aired already in the US on may 17th?

18. SJ says:

I don’t understand American broadcasters. Is it really that hard to schedule a leftover episode over the summer? Here’s an idea, geniuses: how about, instead of airing the umpteenth repeat of a Modern Family episode, you actually schedule the 30 minutes of original content you just “couldn’t air” during the regular season. …which by the way, also isn’t true. They aired a Happy Endings repeat on February 1. If they had aired a new episode, it wouldn’t have even come to this. Idiots!

19. xwiseguyx says:

Or many times the “leftover” episode is aired the following fall.. which is what has been done in the past with other shows…

20. CJ says:

Aired in Canada like a month ago….