Fall TV Preview

Good Wife Scoop: Kristin Chenoweth to Join Season 4 as a Hard-Hitting [Spoiler]

The Good Wife Season 4 CastHere’s something to sing about: The golden-voiced Kristen Chenoweth will be part of The Good Wife’s upcoming Season 4.

The actress/singer will recur as a sharp political reporter who won’t stop until she’s got all of the details about the Florrick campaign… and marriage. Chenoweth’s petite journo will first appear in the fall premiere and will tangle with Alicia (Julianna Margulies) and Peter (Chris Noth) throughout the season.

RELATED | The Good Wife Exclusive: Meet Kalinda’s Hubby!

Chenoweth played Carlene on the ABC comedy GCB before it was cancelled in May. Prior to that, she appeared on Glee, Pushing Daisies and The West Wing, among others. To fans of the Great White Way, she’s perhaps best known for originating the role of Glinda in Wicked.

She joins previously announced guest star Maura Tierney, who’ll play a self-made Chicago billionaire.

Comments (35)

• YES! YES! YES! YES!I lover her and love the show :D

Comment by Diego – June 26, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems to me TGW is lining up its best season yet!

Comment by DL – June 26, 2012 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her, and this is a good move for her!

Comment by revknits – June 26, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh la vache, quelle excellente nouvelle ! C’est bon, ça !

Comment by Ben – June 26, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • more epic casting!

Comment by Ainav – June 26, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone give the casting department at TGW a raise…wow…

Comment by pecola – June 26, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First Maura Tierney and now Kristin Chenoweth? Man, this season is going to be AMAZING!

Comment by martina – June 26, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So many tgw casting news in the last couple days! Sounds like an interesting role.

Comment by isabel – June 26, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TGW’s fourth season seems to be epic!

Comment by Sara – June 26, 2012 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In West Wing she was also a political operative. She’s the one who found the VP nom’s body.

Comment by Rock Golf – June 26, 2012 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “The vp nom”!!!
      Only one of the most pivotal characters in the whole series. RIP Leo McGarry

Comment by alison – June 26, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • was thinking same. LEO! waaaaaaaaaah

Comment by Betsy – June 27, 2012 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that this fourth season has the making of an epic season. Soooo looking forward to it. I won’t be watching live because TGW is going against Revenge but I will be following online. Love Kristen. I hope we get to see a lot of her on TGW.

Comment by Babygate – June 26, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSS!!! I hate that this show is on Sundays but absolutely LOVE IT!!

Comment by classdepartments – June 26, 2012 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch this show since political dramas bore me but if Cheno is on it, I may have to give it a shot.

Comment by Joe – June 26, 2012 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You definitely should! The show was not at all what I was expecting and I love it. To me, it’s more than just a political drama but they do the political drama part very well so it’s actually exciting.

Comment by Caitlin Garafola – June 26, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You won’t regret it. :)

Comment by Cathy – June 26, 2012 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay yay yay yay yay yay!!! Awesome news.

Comment by Amanda – June 26, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’m very excited! Her character sounds interesting, I like that The Good Wife tries to make the politics as real as possible (reporter, a wealthy supporter.) TGW is definitely writing at it’s best and Kristen Chenoweth should fit right in!

Comment by Caitlin Garafola – June 26, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Flawless! It’s so nice to see no negative comments here too! Everyone loves Cheno!

Comment by Kendal Walworth – June 26, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • aw, I wanted some network to be my white knight and save GCB :(

Comment by RenewGCB – June 26, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • excellent news!!!!

Comment by sonja – June 26, 2012 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Love. Laugh. Always..

Comment by Kelsey Tape – June 26, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS is why I love the The Good Wife. The show always has the best casting.

Comment by A – June 26, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, wasn’t she already in TGW? I mean, who is that blonde girl that had sex with Eli Gold?

Comment by Dan – June 26, 2012 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, do they really need more new characters (recurring to boot)? Please focus on and explore the ones you already have.

Comment by Saint Alicia – June 26, 2012 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES PLEASE!! Am I the only one who finds her irritating in every role?

Comment by Cate – June 26, 2012 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!!! While I’m still holding out for a GCB renewal, this is great news!!

Comment by mia – June 26, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GCB was cancelled? Bummer

Comment by Mandy – June 26, 2012 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Parker Posey would return. I wish Eli had of picked her over Peter, but this show is about the Florricks, so nevermind.

Comment by darcywilson – June 26, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE HER!!!!! So glad she will be in this amazing show!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!

Comment by albtrex – June 27, 2012 02:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm..I don’t know about this. I hope Kristin takes it down a bit cuz she can get too hammy.

Comment by Ethan – June 27, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is probably good casting but I haven’t watched Good Wife since they decided Alicia would be with Peter not Will. I can’t handle the whole I’m a strong independent lawyer and a pathetic, please cheat on me doormat of a wife dynamic!

Comment by Casey – June 27, 2012 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EPIC CASTING IS EPIC! LOVE ALL THE TGW’S NEWS! THIS SEASON IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!

Comment by Lucy – June 27, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post