TVLine Items: GH's Official Time-Slot Change, New Girl Guys to Host Awards Show and More!

General Hospital is officially on the move.

ABC took to Twitter Tuesday morning to announce that beginning Monday, Sept. 10, the sudser will jump ahead one hour to its new time slot at 2 pm EST/1 pm PST.

RELATED | General Hospital Cheats Death as ABC Instead Ends The Revolution

Meanwhile, Katie Couric’s new talker, Katie, will debut on the same date, but in GH‘s former home at 3 pm EST/2 pm PST. (Speaking of, take a peek at a sickeningly sweet promo for her series here.)

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Holy Schmidt! The guys of New Girl – Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris — have been tapped to host the 2012 Do Something Awards. The philanthropy-centric honors will air Tuesday, Aug. 21 at 9 pm on VH1.

• Bravo’s latest docu-series, Gallery Girls, premieres Monday, August 13 at 10 pm. The project follows seven New York-based women in the cutthroat (?) world of art.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (49)

• Maybe it will be a good thing with GH move instead of it going up against Days the only competition it will have is that God awful View rip off The Talk. This way soap fans will be able to watch both shows.

Comment by NEK38583 – June 26, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It will be going up against Days in my area.

Comment by Anonymous – June 26, 2012 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NBC does not have a set time for Days. It mainly airs at Noon or 1PM, but I have seen 12:30pm, 2PM and 3PM starts.

Comment by wmjindsm – June 26, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mine, too–I don’t know why they bother publishing an official schedule. Hardly anyone shows the published schedule. I once went to Boise for a week, and they had soaps scheduled all day long (from 9AM-4PM). They showed some Mountain time, some Pacific time, some just shuffled around to wherever they wanted. I watched The Chew for several months before I realized we were getting it on a one-day delay but earlier than scheduled by the network (which means we get the Easter show on the Monday after instead of the Friday before, etc.)

Comment by CJ – June 26, 2012 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pacific time zones currently air Days at 1 pm and GH at 2 pm. So now they will be in direct competition.

Comment by Mary – June 26, 2012 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, it really depends on the city (or rather the network affiliate) airing Days. In my city in Texas, Days also airs at 1pm and so now GH will be in direct competition. But when I lived in Hawaii, Days was all over the map — 1pm, 12pm, 2pm… depending on the needs of the network affiliate to schedule the bazillion afternoon talk shows and fake judge shows.

Comment by soundscene – June 27, 2012 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is such great news about Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield and Lamorne Morris! They are going to be awesome.

Comment by Mikaylah Roggasch – June 26, 2012 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So GH will be sandwiched between The Chew and Katie? Hopefully that will bring new eyes to GH.

Comment by zakspeak – June 26, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where I live Katie is airing @ 2 pm on the NBC channel. So she is going to be opposite GH and The Talk.

Comment by Jenni – June 26, 2012 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • where do you live? this seems weird, its not like ellen or live with kelly, katie is an ABC show, not a syndication show…

Comment by adam – June 26, 2012 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It is syndicated (by ABC Disney)

Comment by wmjindsm – June 26, 2012 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Right and it will def air on ABC owned stations

Comment by hr – June 26, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • There are only eight of those, though.

Comment by TV Gord – June 26, 2012 02:41 PM PDT
      • Actually I think it is a syndication show. Central Florida is where I live though.

Comment by Jenni – June 26, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So for PST does that mean it jumps to 1pm? It already airs at 2:00pm followed by Dr. Oz at 3pm, and local early news at 4pm. But I am just glad it is alive…

Comment by David – June 26, 2012 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wherever you get The Revolution now, that’s where GH will be in September. (Katie is a syndicated show, so while she will air in most markets in GH’s old slot, there are cities where it will air on other channels).

Comment by TV Gord – June 26, 2012 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m confused – why must ABC change it’s schedule? I thought Katie was going to be syndicated. I know at least 3 different markets where her show is airing on NBC stations.

Comment by NP – June 26, 2012 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Katie is syndicated. In September, ABC is turning that hour now occupied by GH over to the affiliates, so each station will fill that hour with whatever syndicated show they choose. Most ABC affiliates are airing Katie, but you’re correct, not everyone is.

Comment by TV Gord – June 26, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Katie will probably be canceled after the first season anyways.

Comment by Jacqi – June 26, 2012 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t watch Katie! Or GMA! ABC is still looking for a replacement for GH and they need to know that there isn’t one! Also, Katie is exzpensive and paying for her show means ABC will want to make cuts on shows like GH. Forget over priced garbage like Katie and focus on GH!

Comment by Casey – June 27, 2012 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought ABC was doing an afternoon spinoff from GMA with Lara and Josh…where will that horrible show be? Long live GH!

Comment by Sue – June 27, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We are all getting sick up talk shows repeating the same things everyone else is saying,nighttime ,daytime, they are all the same. Oprah was boring at the end and Katie will be also. 12 pm to 3pm is for soaps, otherwise good time for naps. Thanks Sharon

Comment by Sharon Schmidt – July 31, 2012 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you!! I refuse to watch anything on ABC other than General Hospital!! Once they got rid of One Life to Live and All My Children – the only time I change the channel to ABC is for General Hospital… Otherwise I refuse to watch that channel during daytime!! As for Katie – all the advertisements here are showing she will be on NBC…

Comment by Toni – July 30, 2012 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree – we rarely watch ABC television since they took off the soaps. The Chew is about as lame as it can get. Mario what’s his name is just a nasty cook and all of the talk and cooking shows are just boring/boring/boring! Haven’t even watched the new Lara/Josh afternoon show and don’t plan to! ABC gives us something decent to watch!

Comment by Me – July 31, 2012 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s supposed to read – “ABC GIVE us something decent to watch!”

Comment by Me – July 31, 2012 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • GH has been on in that 3 pm timeslot for 50 years!! Though I like Katie alright. What gives her or ABC to change the time? Why can’t SHE do the 2 pm slot? I never thought of her as a diva but…. We need another talk show/reality show like we need another 115 degree heat index day right now!!!

Comment by Nancy M Trogdon – August 2, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you! I avoid those time slots that AMC and OLTL were in because I am still mourning them and hate the idea that they put stupid cooking show and talk shows on. Isn’t there enough of that already? Soaps take you away from your troubles for awhile and are more entertaining.

Comment by Lori – August 2, 2012 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG, I thought I was the only one who wouldn’t watch, nor let anyone in my household watch ABC between the hours of 12:00pm-1:59pm Central Time. At 2:00pm, I watch General Hospital!
        SO ABC EXECS, IF YOU’RE READING THIS…..YOU’VE ALREADY HAD 2 FAILED SHOWS THAT WERE MEANT TO TAKE THE PLACE OF OUR SOAPS…..BRING OUR SOAPS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        BOTH ALL MY CHILDREN, AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE.
        That is All!

Comment by Melissa – August 9, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I AGREE BRING BRING BACK ALL MY CHILDREN AND DAYS OF OUR LIVES AND STOP TAMPERING WITH GH….WHO WANTS ANOTHER TALK SHOW….I ONLY WATCH ABC FOR GH SINCE AMC AND DOOL WERE TAKEN OFF……

Comment by MYRA – August 21, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If you liked and always watched One Life to Live, why do you keep calling it Days of Our Lives? Just wondering.

Comment by Sandae – August 30, 2012 09:03 AM PDT
      • I too have quit watching ABC due to the dropping All my kids and one life to live. The revolution was in for Doom from the beginning. Why can they see that there audience wants Gh and the others. I am fed up with all the brainless talk shows!!

Comment by pb – August 16, 2012 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait… shouldn’t that be 2pm EST/1pm CST? Eastern and Pacific generally air at the same time period (albiet Eastern airs earlier because of the time zone difference). Central airs everything an hour earlier to coincide with the Eastern airing.

Comment by soundscene – June 27, 2012 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be boycotting Katie Couric… ABC~leave GH where it is and give her the 2 o’clock!!!… Who the hell does she think she is anyway? I am so sick of stupid talk shows and food shows… good God… who is making these stupid decisions anyway??

Comment by dmts1017 – July 11, 2012 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im boycotting Katie Courick too!!!! LOVE GH. ID RATHER WATCH GAA HAVE ENJOYED THE SHOW

Comment by Alex – August 1, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…I became a teacher so I could watch GH at 3PM everyday!

Comment by Lisa – July 12, 2012 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree I have been watching GH for 30 years at 3:00. I too am sick of talk shows that focus on cooking and telling us how to burn belly fat. Talk shows are boring as well they are just rolling promos for whatever movie or tv show the station is trying to promote. please don’t get me even started at their lame bias political opinions. Bring back our soaps. Don’t fix whats not broke.

Comment by Christine – July 13, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • PUT GH BACK ON AT 3:00. I’VE WATCHED FOR 27 YEARS. I’VE FOLDED MANY LOADS OF LAUNDRY WATCHING GH! BRING IT BACK AT 3:00. SICK OF THE OTHER SHOWS.

Comment by Donna – October 9, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad it’s moving to an earlier slot. It’s all I can do to stay awake for it!

Comment by Debbie – July 30, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On the west coast Days of our Lives comes on at 1pm which now means its competing with General Hospital. Which one will I choose!?

Comment by Paige – July 30, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leave the soaps alone get rid of the reality shows in the afternoon they are not very good!!!!!

Comment by Suzyq – July 30, 2012 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. The new ABC talk shows have been over hype and under performing. I watched/taped All My Children and One Life To Live for years and was totally pissed when some idiots at ABC ignored the popularity of those shows and ended them, yielding boring talk shows and fewer viewers. ABC should bring back the soaps and the queen-Oprah.

Comment by Dina – July 31, 2012 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not sure that the powers that be realize how popular GH is. At this point it is the only program I watch on ABC except for the occasional Kelly Live on my days off.

Comment by L – July 31, 2012 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as GH stays on I don’t care where it is. Other than GH, the only daytime shows I watch are Friends, Sex and the City and others that I’ve recorded on other channels. I might watch Katie. I hold no ill will toward her only BECAUSE GH is still on. If they took GH off also I would be pissed and boycott her just as i have The Chew, The (stupid!!!) Revolution and GAA. While I’m talking about GH here I have a suggestion: make it two hours long!!!!!!! There are so many characters and story lines with the OLTL/GH merge it would be awesome!

Comment by Pam Pretz – August 1, 2012 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lame decisions are happening @ ABC! I rush home to watch General & dvr OLTL & AMC. I agree, leave the soaps alone and forget about Katie “who”… Way too many talk shows repeating the same topics about the news of the day. I have been boycoting ABC until they bring Erika Kane back, Katie “who” is probably getting the salaries of several soap stars. Stop messing up, bring back AMC. Many other channels I can watch. Leave GH alone!

Comment by Jewels – August 1, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enough already with another talk show and messing with my soaps. I have zero intention to rush home from work to watch Katie “who”! Y&R / CBS has been getting my vote since Erika Kane is gone. I bet Katie “who” is going to get paid more than some my favorite soap stars salaries all together. Shame on u for making them move to LA, then caning the shows. No longer watching ABC, especially from 12pm – 1pm pacific time. Tooooooo many talk shows already! I would dvr. All my kids & OLTL, bad decision making going on. ABC handed CBS those two hours on a silver platter. Come home Erika… jewels loves you!

Comment by Jewels – August 1, 2012 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • guess I’ll have to record it because I’m not going without my gh

Comment by Denise pratt – August 21, 2012 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I my area the San Francisco Bay area, General Hospital is moving to 1p, the 2-3p slot is Who wants to be a millionaire & Jeopardy followed by Katie @ 3p. I don’t understand why GH was moved from 2-3p slot to make room for 2 old game shows ?????

Comment by Teresa – August 31, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know I’m just one fan, but why change General Hospital’s time slot? Put Katie on at 4:00 where Oprah was!!!! Then put the news back to 5:00!!! I’ve been a fan of General Hospital for 34 years! Don’t I matter? I need to see General Hospital at 3:00 or I’ll never get to watch it. PUT GENERAL HOSPITAL BACK TO 3:00. Please!!

Comment by Danielle – September 8, 2012 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I kind of like Ellen on at 4:00. The dancing gets me motivated to start cooking dinner! Agree PUT GH BACK ON AT 3:00.

Comment by donnapoco – October 9, 2012 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post