Blind Item: Which Primetime Soap Sweethearts Are Planning a Fall Wedding?

Since I’m currently on assignment in the Pacific Northwest — between us, I’m hunting down a slice of cherry pie and a damn fine cup of coffee — AA will be MIA this week.

But, to tide you over until next time, I’m dishing out a blind item that I suspect many of you will find just as satisfying.

RELATED | 2012 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What Got Axed?

It concerns a primetime soap that, although popular, came thisclose to getting the axe at season’s end — and just when a pair of its well-liked lovebirds were heading for a reunion, too. Now I hear that, when the show returns this fall, it’ll pick up right where it left off and pleasantly surprise fans by immediately marrying off the star-crossed couple in question.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

All of which brings us to my questions for you: What’s the show? And who’s the duo? Share your guesses below, and, as always, keep an eye on my Twitter feed for clues. If I do manage to score that damn fine cup of coffee, the jolt of caffeine might inspire me to reveal more than I should!

1. Alexy says:

Maybe Zoe and Wade/Georg?

2. Chris says:

Ausiello is time for hints !!
    I hope is Chuck and Blair !!

3. sarah says:

Maybe it’s chuck and blair and i hope it is

4. Nicole B says:

90210 Naomi and Max

5. GGFAN says:

Hey can you guys help me out? I’m a GG fan and I’m hoping that this is Chuck and Blair. Can you guys think of any other show that you watch that fits it? Remember:

-primetime (please clarify what primetime means for me? I’m Australian)
    -soap (so it’s likely not a supernatural, action or comedic type show. It’s obviously a drama)
    -it had to be close to getting axed.
    -the couple have to be star-crossed and almost reuniting but not quite there. so it’s obviously a main couple not a new one.

6. Leigh says:

Must be Chuck&Blair!!! Finally, some REAL payoff for CHAIR & their legions of fans. Bring on Mr. & Mrs. Bass & our CHAIRYTALE to last a lifetime!!!!

7. J says:

S6 is the Year of the CHAIRYTALE!!! Chuck & Blair deserve it & the fans have EARNED it!!! Bring it on, GG!!!

8. David says:

Chuck&Blair–without a doubt!!! GG/CHAIR fans have EARNED it 1,000 times over!! CB=KISMET!!

9. allen2792 says:

As much as I wanted to see but Chuck and Blair won’t reunite until the latter eps. The couple in that blind item is no other than Robin and Barney of HIMYM. All the clues pinpoint to them. It’s the last season afterall.

• Ashleah Youn says:

HIMYM was not close to getting the axe, so it’s not them. Besides; we already know they’re getting married so if it was that show, it would be a waste of a BI.

• Stephanie says:

it is not the last season of HIMYM. It was renewed for 2 more seasons. So can’t be them.

10. Hojana says:

Its not GG, because it was never at any point going to get axed.

• Regina says:

Nor is it popular by any means and assuming that it is Chuck and Blair there are just as many people who hate the pair. I agree not Gossip Girl.

11. Melissa says:

In this week’s spoilers, he says the show is on CW… that would lead one to think it’s GG.

12. Willa says:

Please be Chuck and Blair!

13. Dizzle says:

So Ask Ausiello confirms it’s a CW show… I would prefer it be Naomi/Max on 90210, but I fear now it’ll definitely be Chuck/Blair on Gossip girl…. I don’t like the idea of them marrying right off the bat, given Blair’s storylines during season 5, but I suppose this would be an easy way to finally sidestep all their sodding melodrama!

14. Nicole says:

CHUCK AND BLAIR…on the CW…yay, they’re getting married and this hellhole of a show can finally be over.

15. Ed says:

Max and Naomi on 90210

• Stephanie says:

it can’t be 90210 as it was among the first shows to be renewed by the CW therefore not in jeopardy of being cancelled.

16. CBGGLover says:

The comments from the handful of disgruntled GG viewers that have just recently woke up to the fact that they were PLAYED by Safran & Co. for 2 years are HILARIOUS!! Are you new to the show OR have you just been ignoring the 5 years & counting of CHAIR epicness & big flashing neon sign reading “CB=ENDGAME” from the start?!! LET’S GET REAL HERE: It was ALWAYS going to be CHUCK & BLAIR!! They were the endgame from S1 & no one and NOTHING compares to them. The only reason the OOC crapfest dragged on so long was Schwartz & Savage were occupied with other things & could not focus full attention on GG, so Safran was given reign to screw EVERYONE over 2 years!! If Schwartz & Savage had been fully committed to GG during those 2 years, the disaster of S4 & S5 would have never happened like it did….Bank on it! And, Safran’s disastrous reign nearly got GG axed after S5, which was only part of the reason he got his walking papers & got “Smashed”!! The show had never been on the brink of cancellation & in fact had always received EARLY renewals prior to S5 despite dwindling ratings & the reason the ratings have dropped is that viewers are FED UP with the games. Which brings us to S6 CHAIR premiere wedding…It’s LONG OVERDUE fan payoff!! The fans have EARNED it & GG owes us BIG TIME. Looks like TPTB are simply recognizing that simple truth! La dolce vida, CHAIR!! You’ve EARNED it & the fans have EARNED it 1,000 times over!!!

CB=DESTINY=ENDGAME!!!!

17. Master_K says:

It could only be two couples…. if it’s not Chuck and Blair then it’s Eli and Clare from Degrassi but considering that the show is having a summer season… no idea how Ausiello could possibly find out a spoiler from the fall season which wouldn’t be released so early with the entire summer season still ahead of us. So I’m going with Gossip Girl :D

18. Stephanie says:

The show has to be Gossip Girl or Hart of Dixie, can’t be 90210 as it was among the first to be renewed, and none of the other CW shows returning would be considered a soap.

19. Bella says:

has anyone thought that it might be Hart of Dixie?? As much as I love Chuck and Blair on GG, the couple in question could also be Zoe, Wade, George, Lemon, and/or Lavon!

20. Steffy says:

unfortunately it’s 90210 they were shooting at a chapel in LA last week. It’s Max and Naomi, and that’s not positively loved couple by anyone b/c Max is an extra that no one cares about, people actually rooted more for Naomi and Austin.

• erin says:

The Naomi/Max breakup had people very up in arms in the AA comments. Based on the questions he was getting, I think a lot of people were rooting for them to get back together all season.

21. erin says:

Based on the update in todays Ask Ausiello that it’s from 90210, Gossip Girl, or Hart of Dixie, my guess is it’s Naomi & Max from 90210.

22. Drewer says:

The newest clue says it’s of a main cast member and a recurer. My first thought was that means it’s Naomi and what’s his name. But it could be Lily and Chuck’s dad on GG.

23. Taryn says:

Is it Regina and Angelo from switched at birth??

24. Tammy says:

Max and Naomi on 90210 if so how boring what a awful chemistry less pair

25. Ashley says:

Has Ausiello revealed who the blind item was in reference too?