Dexter Season 7 First Look Video: Will Deb Accept Her Brother's Dark Passenger?

Dexter Season 7 TrailerIt’s the question on every Dexter fan’s mind: What will the fallout be from Deb walking in on her beloved “bro” murdering someone? We won’t know for certain until Season 7 kicks off on Sunday, Sept. 30 (or, at the very least, until Dexter’s Comic-Con panel in July) — but the following just-released promo for the upcoming season does make us confident in our belief that D&D will face this Dark Passenger head-on.

RELATED | Dexter Scoop: Chuck Grad Yvonne Strahovski Joins Cast as [Spoiler]

In the teaser (titled “Truth Brings Light”), new footage of both Dex and Deb accompanies the killer’s signature voiceover, as he ponders his current states of affairs. “Here we are, in the moment of truth,” he muses. “Everything in my life has brought me to this point. It’s what I am, it’s all I am. I can accept that … but can she?”

But the most provocative portion of the promo comes at the end, when Deb can be heard urging Dex to, “Get away from the body!”

Press PLAY below to preview the spot, and then hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Trailers and Promos, Video

1. TDS-Matt says:

I’m still sad about how much season six stripped my enthusiasm for this show. Deb finds out about Dexter and I sort of don’t care.

2. Al says:

Very very very good promo.

3. Isabelle says:

I can’t wait. I’ve loved every season of this show, MCH can do no wrong. He’s such an amazing actor that I believe every moment. I can’t wait to see what they come up with to handle Deb knowing.

4. cjeffery7 says:

wow, this promo gives me a very quiet but intense anticipation for how this is all going to go down… jennifer carpenter to going to frickin nail it, i can just tell.

5. Peggy says:

Can’t wait for Dexter to start. Deb will have to accept that Dexter is a killer but she will because he only kills the worse of the worse. She will look the other way because she loves her brother and her father knew and protected him.

6. Martin says:

Am I the only one who notices the sexual innuendo in the sentence “Will she accept his Dark Passenger”

7. wordsmith says:

I thought I was done with this show for a while, but I recently picked it up again, and while I agree that it isn’t on the same level as the first two seasons, I think they’ve done a very interesting job of keeping it evolving. I think it’s fair to say I’m hooked again.

8. Dexterina No More says:

TDS-Matt pretty much said it all.

9. Noel says:

I’m still infuriated at the producers for ruining this much-anticipated moment. I wanted Debra, Dexter’s sister, to find out about the Dark Passenger. I’m not interested in how Debra, the woman in love with her brother, will react. The dynamic between them has been ruined, and so has this moment.

• Olivia says:

This is exactly how I feel, I’ve been waiting for six years for the revelation to come yet now that it has it’s ruined because of this stupid “Deb loves Dexter” storyline. What were they thinking?

10. mary says:

PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!

11. S says:

I understand people have been disappointed in the last 2 seasons or at least season 6 but come on, look at how it came back from the disappointment that s3 was and we had S4 which imo was one of the best seasons of Dexter besides S1 of course. These writers can do it cause they have before and they have good actors.

12. laura meakin says:

Hated s6 didn’t think Geller/Travis story was good enough bad acting/writing its a fine line. I felt other characters were out of the mix a lot too. But as someone else has said the casting news of the new season makes me more hopeful. It just can’t be as bad as s6. Hope Deb’s has the struggle with Dexter’s dark passenger will she do the right thing in the end?

13. kate irving says:

It is a great show cant wait

14. Sam says:

Actually from the first season I thought there would entually be a relationship or something between Dexter and Deb. I’m not sure how other people didn’t see that coming as they’re both f*cked up people. I have no problem with it, it kinda makes sense.

• Sam says:

Eventually*

• bob loblaw says:

I agree, I thought Deb’s affection for Dexter went above and beyond that of a normal sister and I wondered about their relationship from the first episode with dex saying If he could have feelings for anyone, he’d have them for deb and then when he told her that he liked her in the sex suit better…Come on people!! All of that isn’t normal brother-sister interactions…You need to pay better attention or just re-watch the show!

15. liddad says:

You know what? If they skipped ahead a few months (like they did between the first and second Dexter books, where Deb discovered the secret) to after Deb has already accepted Dex, then it’d be better. But the voiceover’s don’t look like that’ll happen :( Gutted!

16. Shink says:

I think we Dexter fans will look back to Season 6 and the Deb-thinks-she-is-in-love-with-Dexter storyline as when the show Jumped the Shark. Totally unbelievable. I will still watch but having her love him creeps me out even more than the dozens of murders Dexter has committed.