Oh Sit! Has The CW Made You Curious About Its Extreme Musical Chairs Show?

Yes, many of us who report on TV news collectively scoffed and audibly groaned when, at last winter’s Television Critics Association press tour, The CW first announced the summer series Oh Sit!, which was described as “musical chairs for adults.”

But now that the network is trickling out some teasers, maybe Oh Sit! could have been better pegged as “Wipeout meets American Ninja Warrior meets musical chairs,” all while an in-house band churns out live tunes.

VIDEOS | Watch Full Trailers for The CW’s Arrow, Beauty and the Beast and Emily Owens

Carve 22 seconds away from your busy Wednesday to check out this pair of promos, try not to envision Potsie Weber when the call-outs urge you to “Sit on it,” and tell us if maybe, just maybe, you’ll give this 10-episode competition show a look-see when it launches Aug. 15. (And yes, Oh Sit! is very precarious to type; we may have to dial up the language filter some.)

Tags: ,

Comments (22)

• No. No. No. Not okay. No.

Comment by DaisyLazy – June 20, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I want to watch just to see how weird that’s going to be. But, for the record, in high school we had to play musical chairs in one of my classes. It got really competitive… And violent. So I can’t imagine what will happen if adults are made to do this with an obstacle course added in! Ha ha.

Comment by Babybop – June 20, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about EXTREME I Spy? Or EXTREME Cakewalk?

Comment by SarahtheBaker – June 20, 2012 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Extreme waste of time.

Comment by Tee – June 20, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I call canceled just like “Haters” or whatever it was.

Comment by Samantha – June 20, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt when I first read the title I thought you were being clever. Then I realized you were talking about yet another reality show. I would have preferred you being clever. Just saying.

Comment by Renee – June 20, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummm…no, no chance whatsoever that I’ll be watching that. I hope the rest of America follows suit.

Comment by BadgerRulez! – June 20, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, why not? Wheel of Fortune is glorified Hangman and Hollywood Squares is just Tic-Tac-Toe.

Comment by Rock Golf – June 20, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A bunch of people competing in a show, where they may be injured, to only in the end they win what? It is kind of sad. If I wanted to watch people trying to kill themselves for money or food I could watch the news.
    I have stopped watching all of these shows. I stopped watching Survivor and Amazing Race after they stopped using casting videos for “real” people and started to cast models and actor wanna-bes. Amazing race lost my note when it kept putting on people from Survivor and Big Brother to gain ratings.

Comment by Sarah – June 20, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks just fine. Just catched up with The Catalina last week, and the show is good.

Comment by Phil – June 20, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you may mean you “caught up” on that show. Catched isn’t a word. FYI

Comment by \ – June 20, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They cancelled ringer for this crap??!!

Comment by Natasha – June 20, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s make them do it while clipping coupons in an extreeeme manner.

Or combine with Hoarders! They have to find the chairs under piles of cat food cans from 1942.

Comment by BTM – June 20, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I’ll give this a pass and wait for the CW to roll out a game show that sounds more exciting in comparison, like: “Watching Paint Dry.”
    Oh, excuse me: “EXTREME Watching Paint Dry.”

Comment by Geo – June 20, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO! totally SICK of all of the so called REALITY shows… we need more fun, exciting, entertaining shows that the whole family can enjoy.. if yu are looking for one try watching LEVERAGE on TNT new season (#5) startin on July 15th July 1st there is an all day marathon on ION channel ..that is family entertainment at it’s best!

Comment by mentdijinn – June 20, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT what is this? sitting in a chair should not the ultimate pay off for what appears to maybe be american gladiator-esque competition. that is just insulting.

Comment by cjeffery7 – June 20, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This will be cancelled about five minutes after it airs.

Comment by YowzaPowza – June 20, 2012 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, they picked this show up and cancelled The Secret Circle? Oh CW, I will never understand you.

Comment by C – June 20, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As I said before, GET OVER IT!

Comment by Peeta – June 20, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Clearly you shouting at them over the internet is not going to make them stop posting, so why waste your time and mine. I end up having to read more about it because you respond.

Comment by Get Over It – June 23, 2012 12:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and born from the ashes of Ringer and Secret Circle is…..THIS CRAP?!!!

Comment by mia – June 20, 2012 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post