Ratings: Client List Gets Happy Ending, Falling Skies Returns Lower

Lifetime’s The Client List wrapped its freshman rub run on Sunday night with a total audience of 2.7 million total viewers, down a hair from the series opener (which drew 2.8 mil) but up 8 percent from its Season 1 average.

Among that finale crowd, 1.2 mil landed in the coveted 18-49 demo, and the Jennifer Love Hewitt-fronted drama stands as Sunday’s No. 1 show with women in the 10 o’clock slot.

The Client List was already renewed for Season 2, which will pump out 15 episodes (versus Season 1’s 10).

RELATED | Falling Skies Premiere Recap: The Enemy Within?

Over on TNT Sunday night, Falling Skies‘ two-hour Season 2 premiere averaged 4.5 million total viewers with 1.9 landing in the 18-49 demo, down from both the sci-fier’s year-ago debut (which with 5.9 mil last summer marked cable’s best series launch of 2011) and the freshman finale (5.6 mil). Even so, the numbers mark a strong return and helped TNT rank as the No. 1 basic cable network for the night with a 2.3 household rating.

1. Josh says:

Anything for The Killing?
    Personally I thought it was a great finale with great acting from all involved. I’ll miss Sarah Linden and Mireille Enos’ portrayl of her if the show is cancelled!

• jasie says:

Agreed. Really enjoyed The Killing. I hope its back for a third season with new cast and case plus holder and linden. I also hope the case is a surprise and could end after 4 eps or 9 eps and a new case unfolds so we can say any given ep could be the ep that solves it.

• Taruls says:

cancelled :O(

2. The problem with the Killing was the episode count per season. The two seasons should have been ONE 26 episode season, with a typical break between episodes 13 and 14.

• jayy008 says:

Not really.
      Cable shows rarely air in such a way. 26 episodes does more damage than good.

• that doesn’t negate the point, though. The story took 26 episodes to tell, which is the kind of count you might see on a network. that’s how the show should have been presented to the audience, as a 26 episode show broken into two blocks of 13, not as two seasons of 13 episodes.

If AMC can break Breaking Bad’s final season of 16 episodes into two seasons of eight episodes, they could have broken The Killing’s one season of 26 episodes into two seasons of 13 and informed the audience that that was their plan.

The backlash was due to the audience’s expectation that the killer would be revealed in the last episode of the first season. Had they known that episode 13 was NOT the last episode of the season but in fact the half way point of the story, then their opinion might have differed.

3. “The Client List gets happy ending?”

Hah!

How funny would it be if the show actually swapped titles with Happy Endings. :D

• Yar says:

Also
      “The Client List was already renewed for Season 2, which will pump out 15 episodes (versus Season 1′s 10).”

4. mkkma says:

I was shocked to see that in the client list ending that it will be on again starting in 2013. we have to wait 7 months? why would they do this to such a great show?

5. Tenney says:

I wonder if the rating for Falling Skies were down due to people watching the season finale of The Killing. I know that I watched The Killing live and then dvr’d Falling Skies.

6. I am happy Client List is doing so well and just in it’s freshman run it has stand on it own,it dosent really even need Army Wives or Drop Dead Diva as leads in. I am hoping Devious Maids gets picked up for they can place it with CL.

7. Velvet says:

The Client List finale was okay but I was really hoping it would be better and hotter with her and Evan. Glad she kicked Kyle to the curb. Kyle is an angry loser.

8. smith says:

What about True Blood?? how were the ratings on the 2nd ep?

9. Jared says:

I loved The Client List finale but waiting until 2013 for season2 is a long time. This is how shows loose viewers and eventually get cancelled no matter how good the ratings might be.

10. Jared K says:

Not worried about the dip for Falling Skies. It was up against Game 3 of the NBA Finals (which pulled a 5.5 in the demo) and the final round of the U.S. Open (which pulled a 2.3). That probably put a serious dent in the show’s young audience. I know that I completely forgot it was on last night, and I had been looking forward to its return for weeks. Bottom line, TNT should still be very happy with those numbers, and they’ll probably get a bump next week (or at the very least, won’t see much of a drop-off.

11. Elyse says:

Just got into Falling Skies. Haven’t seen Season 1 but i’m loving what i’ve seen of Season 2! is there anywhere i can go to see Season 1?

12. Brad says:

I love the client list. It’s my guilty pleasure. When JLH went after Kyle…. Best!

13. Sumer says:

I cant wait til it returns i enjoyed every min of it.