Arsenio Hall to Return to Late-Night TV

Get More: Late Night TV, News

Arsenio Hall ShowWarm up your shoulder and throw your fist in the air: Arsenio Hall is back with a new talk show. Woof! Woof! Woof!

The former host of The Arsenio Hall Show will partner with CBS Television Distribution to preside over a syndicated, late-night talk show that will debut in fall 2013 and will run Monday–Friday.

RELATED | Spoiler: And the Celebrity Apprentice Champ Is…

The news follows Hall’s recent win on The Celebrity Apprentice, a move that pushed him back into the spotlight after years of relative inactivity. The comedian made a name for himself as host of his eponymous chatfest, which ran from 1989–1994 and featured notable moments like a campaigning Bill Clinton’s sax solo and an hour-long interview with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan. His 1997 sitcom, Arsenio, lasted only a few episodes.

Hall’s new venture has already been sold in markets covering more than half of the country.

Comments (27)

• I can’t wait for five more hours of TV per week that I won’t have to watch!!! (Is he still going to kick Leno’s ass?)

Comment by TV Gord – June 18, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked him on Celeb Apprentice at first, but then it became blatantly obvious he was only doing it to get back into the spotlight and score a new late-night talk show. Barf.

(Don’t get me wrong, I’m aware that getting back into the spotlight and earning easy money are the two main reasons why these D-listers go on Celeb Apprentice, but this was just painfully obvious.)

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – June 18, 2012 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked his old show at first, but then he became less hip and more Montel Williams-ish. IMO

Comment by beej – June 18, 2012 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to tank!

Comment by Velvet – June 18, 2012 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Disaster in the making.

Comment by AJ – June 18, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i DISAGREE he went on C.A . to promote and win for Magic Johnsons charity which is AIDS related, he broke down and got emotional after he won his 1st challenge and mentioned his cousin who died of AIDS, Arsenio Hall is a great stand up and a great host, but is not a great actor, I say that because theres no way those tears and emotional speech was that of an actor trying to win…..I will watch his show and wish him success!!! WOOF WOOF WOOF!!

Comment by Keith – June 18, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why????

Comment by jj – June 18, 2012 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arsenio dissed Joe Jackson. Never gonna watch.

Comment by Dirk Dugler – June 18, 2012 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What did he say about Joe Jackson? The good Joe Jackson or Michael’s dad?

Comment by Homeslice – June 18, 2012 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m vague on the details, but my recollection is he told the truth about Michael’s dad. A sound reason to refuse to watch, don’tcha think? ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – June 19, 2012 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What time is this going to be on ? He’s not replacing Craig Ferguson is he ??

Comment by Pat – June 18, 2012 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, it’s a syndicated show, so it won’t be on the network. It will probably air on channels that are currently showing reruns…or likelier (in my opinion) after the network talk shows are done waaaay in the middle of the night. It’s a much more crowded late night landscape than when he was on before. I think most channels are happier airing infomercials than picking up show like this one.

Comment by TV Gord – June 18, 2012 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope you’re right…Craig’s show is almost the only thing I watch, definitely the only thing I make a point of watching; if they get rid of him, I’d just shut off the cable!

Comment by Becky – June 18, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Craig just signed a new two-year deal with CBS in April (Dave did, too). As part of the deal, he’s moving to a new bigger studio this fall (which you’ve probably heard him mentioning). Enjoy!

Comment by TV Gord – June 18, 2012 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know that this is a different division of CBS but it seems kind of weird that they would want to create even more competition for there late night shows on the CBS network

Comment by mike – June 18, 2012 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arsenio is like so many other wanna be’s they should all just go away, led by the ridiculous Woof!
    Let other, real talent have a chance and find a has been home for the big “A”

Comment by Not very important – June 18, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a big pass for me especially after watching him on “Celebrity Apprentice”. I don’t care if he won his personality sucked to me.

Comment by Wendi – June 18, 2012 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I needmor information abaoud the work mangament orgonaiziotion jast intrnasional of theworled

Comment by ahmedeltahir – June 19, 2012 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • His old show was pretty good. It’ll be good to see an old familiar face back and those famous gums. Kind of Leno and Letterman out and the others either get on my nerves or come on too late. I wish him success.

Comment by Dumont – June 19, 2012 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t CBS have a stake in the CW? Sounds like they might be looking at expanding into late night. At least it would be new programming instead of reruns.

Comment by BillK – June 19, 2012 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arsenio changed late night TV. It had been dominated by old white men for fifty years. He brought hipness and pop culture that revolutionized the market. I’m excited for his new show.

Comment by JP – June 19, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll definitely be watching. I love his original show – he actually looked like he was interested in what his guests had to say AND he’d done his homework on them. He asked intelligent questions and never belittled anyone for a cheap un-funny laugh.

Comment by Joni – June 19, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The worst person on this season’s CA and the worst and most undeserving winner the Trump has picked gets a show? He is horrible…

Comment by chrisjroof – June 19, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s the point? Craig fergison rules.

Comment by Henry – June 19, 2012 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m curious to see how this works out. One of Arsenio’s big draws back in the day was that he was so much younger than the other hosts. Now, he’s still younger, but he’s more or less on the same generational playing field, it’s not going to be this huge culture shock of youth that it was when he first started. As well as the fact that CBS is the one doing this, I feel like Letterman might not be crazy about this competition coming from his own team. I’ll definitely be watching to see how this all plays out.

Comment by mikecronin2012 – October 21, 2012 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • heck with all of you. arsenio was platform for unconventional talent who otherwise may not have gotten opportunity to shine……..

Comment by joe greene – January 28, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This guy stinks,can he go away once and for all? Who’s next Eddie Murphy ? Maybe they can do another movie again, Welcome to America # old news.

Comment by peter demers – September 19, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post